2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
3 is happyness
By silvermzda3 on 10/20/06 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 2 months and a little over 4k miles and I am like a little kid every time I get to drive somewhere, even work. I wanted a GTI, but it was a little too pricey; tried the Rabbit, and was disappointed after the GTI. Found a wonderful compromise in the 3 that gave me a solid, beautiful car with zoom zoom, and a better reliability record. I have since driven a Civic EX and am I ever glad I got the Mazda. Available power is not over the top, but is more than adequate for spirited driving. The gas mileage suffers when you zoom, and itís worth it. I love to drive and this car feeds that desire.

Who says it's for the young?
By Dan on 10/18/06 23:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It was time to trade in the Infinity. My wife wanted a smaller car with better gas mileage, but still wanted all the goodies. We looked hard the the Infinity g35 and M series. We drove Acura, Toyota, Lexus and BMW's. The Mazda dealership was next door to the BMW's. Just for the heck of it, we took a looksee. She saw a Mazda3 and asked for a test drive. The smile on her face was priceless. I cannot tell you how much fun this car is to drive. It didn't have all the amenities compared to the luxury cars, but it had enough. I could not believe it was under $20K. It drives and handles like a dream. I drive it whenever she let's me. By the way, we are in our early fifties!

Highly recomend, fun, great value
By speedic on 10/15/06 22:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After tons of research considering the Honda civic Si, VW GTI mkV, Subaru impreza 2.5i, came to the conclusion of getting the Mazda 3 GT wagon. It has great interior room, looks great, and handles and preforms like a $30k car.

a great car at a great price
By jerome on 09/27/06 20:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Mazda. I admit that much of my decision was driven by what I have read on Edmunds and other car review sites. That being said, I can find little fault this persistently fun car. At 6'2" I was unnecessarily worried about room; there's plenty for myself and my family of four. It handles like it's on rails, and its spirited engine is quite responsive. The mileage could be better, but given the engine's performance, it's a trade-off I can live with. Everything about this car screams 'attention to detail.' Mazda has a real winner here.

I'm as happy as can be!
By Dquestic on 09/23/06 18:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I searched and read reviews and hunted for a car for over a month. I went to Honda, went to VW, looked at Nissans and Toyotas, and it's all by chance I got the Mazda. And boy has it been a blessing and just a treat to own. Phantom Blue Mica and the only one of the few. Just a gorgeous car. Smooth on the road, and living in NYC I have to deal with the constant potholes, but in this car they feel like a hump in the road and nothing more. Gas mileage is amazing, at 950 miles and have filled the tank 3 times. On the highway the gas mileage is amazing, around the city it seems to fall off a bit. Just a fun car to drive. And it can move too.

Zoom-Zoom -- They're not just kidding!
By Marcia on 09/20/06 00:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Zoom-Zoom is right. The Mazda3 is an unbelievable ride. It has powerful acceleration, great handling, and good looks to boot. I found the average mileage to be around 28mpg. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Sweet Car!
By Mike on 09/17/06 01:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I just got a Mazda3 S Touring 5 door galaxy grey and its really sweet! I test drove the Honda Civic. I am 6'3 and didn't fit too well inside and it was a little slow. I also test drove the Acura RSX and the same thing. Then I test drove the M3 and it was awesome, really roomy and drives like a dream. I am 21 and it's my first new car. I have a little over 600 miles so far and it's perfect so far.

Why buy more?
By FLL on 09/07/06 07:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Maybe I'm the industry's worst nightmare. Their strategy is to get people to move UP the price/prestige ladder, not down. As a cash buyer I cross shopped G35, IS250, 325i because they should have been my next "step" from a current Maxima. Those cars are certainly nicer than the 3 in some ways but definitely NOT $15-20K nicer. It is well balanced, composed, and offers a great compromise between ride and "connectedness". The ergonomics are intuitive and controls are well placed. Throttle response with the 5A is better than any other 4 cylinder/auto combination I can recall. This is an honest vehicle not trying to masquerade as something it isn't. Well done Mazda!

The Right Decision for Me
By SilverArrow on 09/06/06 04:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car for 11 days, so I really cannot comment on my "ownership experience" yet. Still too soon! I will say that I cannot imagine finding another new car in this price range that offers so much, for so little.

Fun Hatchback & Save $$$
By ptchang on 08/26/06 20:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Very fun to drive; can whip around corners. Hatchback is very functional. Premium Bose audio sounds fantastic. Very happy I got the Grand Touring trim with all the little features. Best hatchback by Consumer Reports; better score than Audi A3 which costs about $10,000 more similarly equipped.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.