Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

'07 Mazda 3 s gt 5 dr = Booya!
By Monkeyboy6

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car and I highly recommend it to anyone that asks. However, I would like to see a rack option other than buying aftermarket model. All in all, this is a great car and I look forward to the 1.5 hours I spend on the road going to and from work every day.

Favorite Features

I like them all.

Suggested Improvements

I would recommend that there be battery power until the doors are open. In my old car I could turn the car off & take the keys out and the radio, windows & sunroof would all work for 10 minutes or until i opened the door. Also, work on iPod integration.

Zoom Zoom for sure
By Grose81

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Having driven a ford escort (mazda SOHC engine) I wasn't accustomed to the PU. Beware, the motor hums in 5 gear from 35 to 80 mph. I literally touch the gas pedal and I get great response. So Zoom- zoom is real, beware. Keep it at or around posted speed. Speaking of Speed, I can't imagine dealing the Speed option with 260 hp, hello speeding tickets. Speed too fast unless your dealing with open highway.

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, dashboard (red) lights, conforming seats, sunroof, auto touch windows, shiftronic option for those former manual shiftees.

Suggested Improvements

Cannot close windows, sunroof, wo/key turned past AC, should be able under auxiliary. Too fast! If all I have to do is touch pedal and off I go, I better plan in stopping in tight traffic, perhaps use the shiftronic option.

Great Car!
By AUGal

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Have been driving the "3" for 3 months now. We are so impressed with the performance and comfort. Drives like a sports car but feels like a big sedan inside.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, sunroof, cd player, rain- sensing wipers. The A/C and defrost are the most powerful of any car I've ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

Switchblade key, please - the key is huge! We had the automatic mirror installed after realizing how small the standard mirror is. The lack of power seats seems odd but we don't mind not having them - one less thing to potentially break.

Awesome car!
By MTS

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I explored many others before choosing the 3 so I knew I'd like it, and it was a perfect choice. You can't beat all the standard features in this car that you wouldn't get in others. Steering cntrls/telescp, ABS/DSTC, full airbags, and very fun to drive. Tight handling! Took it on a small road trip right away and got 43 mpg hwy! One time only, I doublechecked, but city/mixed is only OK. It's my first manual and has the easiest clutch to learn on. I drove it home only having had 2 short lessons years ago driving an old manual Civic. The hatch adds much versatility, and everything about this car is designed to look sweet inside and out. Cntr stack intrudes on right leg, but not bad.

Favorite Features

Lighting affects on the gauges and cntr console; standard features you'd definitely pay for otherwise; moonroof/6CD package is great; easy clutch! Looks are top quality. I like pretty much everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

Only small details. The hooks by the O'Cheesus handles are too small for carrying a suit(>1hanger); Small compt. left of the steering column is too shallow-things inside fall out from accel.; don't need the ashtray- you can take it out for handy storage; mediocre city mpg compared to rating.

All around great car
By Eury

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

My wife got one of these as a loaner when her 06 Jetta TDI died, after driving it for a week, I loved it so much I went out and bought one for myself. It has excellent space, I'm 6' tall, and can sit in the backseat after I've adjusted the front to where I'm comfortable. The hatch is a wonder of engineering how it can be reconfigured with all the compartments, and it is big enough for everything I can throw at it. I love the seat fabric, it's comfortable, tough and cleans up well, and best of all, this car is FUN to drive! It handles great, and the ride is sporty without beating me up. Honestly, I love it more every time I get in it.

Favorite Features

Space, great styling, great handling. It already comes with the good stuff, 17" wheels, 50 series tires, good sounding stereo with MP3 input, steering wheel audio controls, comfy seats. Plus, it's got good power and is great fun to drive in addition to being practical.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better. I'm averaging 27-28 mpg; a car this size should really be in the 30s. Parts could be cheaper as well, a rock hit my foglight on the way home from the dealer breaking it, replacement light is $250!