Used 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Zoom2
By JDUNC67

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

As I have rated the fuel economy is bad for this large 4cyl engine. Tires lasted about 21000 miles. Mazda should sue Goodyear. I went with Dunlop 60K sport tires. The paint chips very easily. I have the spoiler on the back and the gasket between the trunk and where the spoiler attaches is coming out. All in all I still love the way this car drives and handles. I have 30k on it know and it still feels sound.

The car

Remote trunk entry, better fuel MPG, and better tires

Great fun, great value!
By Bobbi

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, a great balance between fun driving and economy. MPG seems closely tied to temperature - I got as low as 25 mpg last winter w/ mostly city driving, but had it up as high as 35 mpg in the summer, even w/ AC on. The steering is a little looser than I'd like, but handling is sharp, otherwise. Road/engine noise actually aren't bad - it's a *sporty* car, folks. Back seat is apparently comfy enough for my friends to fall asleep in it on a 3-hour trip. Interior was a little squeaky for the first several months, but that seems to have gone away. Better in the snow than I expected w/ this kind of HP. Engine is way forward of front axle - I suspect to deal w/ torque steering.

Good at squeezing out both HP and MPG. = fun *and* cheap to drive! Red/purple dash lights make me feel like I'm driving a space ship. Nice styling. Good comfort. Excellent stereo & cruise controls on steering wheel. Boyfriend giggles gleefully when zipping out of driveway.

Paint is *very* thin - lots of chips already. (Haven't seen many other complaints about this - maybe just a bad batch?) Unintelligible oil dipstick & difficult to check wiper fluid levels. No trunk release on key fob.

Fun sporty fuel efficient and reliable
By 89lx5o

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've now owned this car for two years now and it's been phenomenal. It's very fun to drive with a sporty suspension, pretty powerful motor and very smooth trans. To top that off I get 28 mpg in the summer and 26 mpg in the winter the reason comes with the different gas formulas. I have not had ONE reliability issue yet (knock on wood). It has very comfortable seats, but is definitely not a luxury car. It has a decent amount of road noise, and is a lil harsh on bumps. When you get nice roads to drive on road noise is a lot lower and the handling aspects of this car come out. If you’re willing to sacrifice a smooth ride for some sporty handling I would recommend this car to anyone!

Sporty (powerful and handling). Fuel efficient. Great trans. Comfortable. Great radio. Good looks. Well designed layout of features inside.

Road noise. Suspension refinement (or a tire with larger sidewall). With being partly owned by Ford how about SYNC added to radio!

56K and still going
By js1

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It will be two years in March 09 and this car is tough. 56k and still drives like the day I drove it off the dealership lot, save for new tires at 40k and rotors that are worn, but I do push this car to the limit. I think if you are looking for a dependable used car that gets 35mpg and is fun to drive this is for you. Previously drove 97 honda civic and 93 honda civic and like the car better than previous two, much more reliable.

Braking, cornering

Road noise and suspension are harsh, rotors are warped

It's just OK
By andi

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Mazda for a year and a half. Had some problems with the tires, they say that "that's just how they're made", so I am having to replace them after 33000 miles! And I've already replaced one due to a blow out! Love to drive it. But it's much too loud. Lots of road noise. Lots of fun features.

Manual transmission.

Fix the tires or alignment issues, and cut down on the road nose!