Used 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Mazda 3 Sport - poor mileage
By Susan

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased car in June 2007, has been in the shop for poor mileage and squeaky brakes twice in less than a year. Mazda claims the car will get 31 m/gal city and 41 m/gal highway. The best I've gotten so far is 29 m/gal - this was obtained on an all highway road trip. Worst was 22 m/gal. Response from Mazda is that the mileage is considered normal??!! I will not buy another Mazda, they claim false numbers and will not stand by the product to find out what's wrong even when they agree there's a problem.

I do enjoy the sport feel to the car, it's got great handling on corners and is peppy when it needs to be.

Improve the mileage, or post realistic numbers on the cars so new purchasers know what to expect.

Nice Car
By Jamaica Joe

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace a 1997 Mitsibishi Eclipse. It is a nice car, I bought it for the looks based on the price. It's pearl white and the paint looks really good. It's a manual and it is pretty fun to drive. Not all that comfortable as I am 6'2" and it's awkward because of the lack of tilt/telescoping action. The car has 16200 miles on it with no problems.

Looks, style, mileage (somewhat, gets avg. 25 mpg), love the sunroof, very room with lots of cargo space.

Cheap interior. Have a few rattles that drive me crazy. Gas pedal and brake pedal too close together. Above all, the tilt/telescoping steering is worthless in my opinion. If you're going to offer the option, add more movement to accomidate all size drivers I need more tilt AND telscoping action

Versatile and fun Mazda 3
By Mark

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my 2007 GT for almost a year. It has been a fun car to drive and easy to live with. The versatile hatchback converts to a mini-SUV when you remove the cargo cover and fold the seats - I've had 14 bags of mulch back there! The 2.3 with automatic is peppy enough, however on hills with the AC running it can get a little strained. GT standard equipment is generous. Annoyances: over time some of the interior plastic panels have developed rattles, and the auto trans sometimes hesitates between 1st and 2nd gears. I would buy this car again but would go for the MazdaSpeed 3 with the manual tranny. Overall a great car which you can get loaded for low $20s.

Generous standard equipment on GT. Hatchback provides tons of hauling room but still comfortable back seat. Fun to drive even with automatic- tight handling.

Better build quality on interior panels so that rattles don't develop. Smoother shifting auto trans. Hatch/trunk opener button on key fob.

My axela experience
By Axela3

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car hands down. It makes me happy whenever I turn it on. Sound system is decent along with everything in it. Only complaint is the fuel economy. If it can be improved by like 2-4 more miles I'll be happy. I'm planning to add an intake system to increase mpg along with horpsepower. The value of this car is tremendous and I love it as much as my better half.

I love the interior of the vehicle along with the black/gray taillights. I like the standard mp3 capabilitiy along with style on the exterior.

I believe mileage can be improved and that is all

I love my car!
By Little Red

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I dumped my horribly unreliable Volkswagen Jetta to buy this car, and I couldn't have made a better choice. It has been totally reliable and fun to drive. Gas economy is great. It's also super cute. Last summer I drove it down the West Coast and had a blast. It is comfortable for long trips, but also really convenient in the city. With factory issued tires it is not great in the snow. I have to put on tire chains at Mt. Hood when it's snowing.

Interior design, steering wheel controls, good sound system, fun to drive, fuel economy

I can't really think of any. It's a wonderful car, thoughtfully designed inside and out.