Used 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

My axela experience
By Axela3

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car hands down. It makes me happy whenever I turn it on. Sound system is decent along with everything in it. Only complaint is the fuel economy. If it can be improved by like 2-4 more miles I'll be happy. I'm planning to add an intake system to increase mpg along with horpsepower. The value of this car is tremendous and I love it as much as my better half.

I love the interior of the vehicle along with the black/gray taillights. I like the standard mp3 capabilitiy along with style on the exterior.

I believe mileage can be improved and that is all

I love my car!
By Little Red

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I dumped my horribly unreliable Volkswagen Jetta to buy this car, and I couldn't have made a better choice. It has been totally reliable and fun to drive. Gas economy is great. It's also super cute. Last summer I drove it down the West Coast and had a blast. It is comfortable for long trips, but also really convenient in the city. With factory issued tires it is not great in the snow. I have to put on tire chains at Mt. Hood when it's snowing.

Interior design, steering wheel controls, good sound system, fun to drive, fuel economy

I can't really think of any. It's a wonderful car, thoughtfully designed inside and out.

Everything I bought it for
By mudshark

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has done everything I expected very well. Mileage at 28mpg. Good performance with 5 spd. Fun to drive. Got rid of a Mini to get this and am much happier. I would have gotten the Speed 3, but need the mileage as I drive long distance to work. I am 6 ft. and 300# and car is roomy enough for me. I highly recommend the Mazda 3.

Roomy, good performance.

Low tire monitor acts goofy and is kind of useless. Get rid of it.

Mazda 3 Wagon horrible in Snow
By JKromberg

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 2001 Celica with a 2007 Mazda 3 wagon. Based on the first snow of the season, the Mazda 3 is the absolute WORST performing car I have ever driven. I got stuck in 2 inches of snow in the dip at the intersection! I can not make it up a mild hill that everyone else was flying up. My old Celica drove like a tank compared to this. I hope the problem is only horrible tires from the factory. If not, anybody want to by a used Mazda 3 Wagon? I should also mention that during the summer, the air condition could not keep up. It was 100 outside and 90 inside. The dealer said it was working fine. The car does have the utility inside that I was looking for in terms of a wagon.

Utility of a wagon. Good mileage (not to what was promised but it never is),

Decent tires for the climate where it is sold. Better air conditioner. Front seat that folds down forward like the Matrix/Vibe.

Fun & Sporty = 3 (zoom-zoom)
By JJ

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After thinking long and hard about many different vehicles, I decided to go with the 3. I could not be happier with my decision. This car is sporty for a 4-banger, and with the manual tranny, it's fun-fun-fun. I honestly wish I would have gone with the SPEED version though (I didn't because I really need the sunroof).

I love the responsive motor. Acceleration is a blast in 2nd and 3rd gear up to 5K RPM. Excellent ride and adequate suspension from the factory. Interior and Exterior design is excellent IMO. I had to have the sunroof. I actually prefer the black cloth seats of the 07 vs the leather. Car is a blast!

There is some wind noise. The manual tranny is notchy at times. It can be hard to find a gear, but I'm being picky. I honestly feel the transmission is fine. I honestly feel Mazda really gave some thought to interior design. I'm only 6 months / 5K miles in and so far, I have been very pleased.