2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
I love 2 ZOOM-ZOOM
By nebular on 03/02/07 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 off-the-lot new cars: 2000 Sentra GXE, 02 Lancer ES, and now my 07 MZ3! The 3 is by far my favorite car. Economical, very fun to drive and dependable. What more can you ask for in a car?

All this for under $20K!
By dontnomuch on 02/25/07 08:09 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've liked this model since it was the Protege5 and circumstances finally got around to where I bought a Mazda3 last week. I actually prefer the exterior of the P5 to that of the Mazda3 but the interior is a huge improvement (bye-bye econo-car.) My car has True Red paint with a black leather interior, 5 speed and moonroof/CD package. I also looked at the VW GTI, Passat wagon and Audi A3 and just couldn't justify spending the extra money on German "engineering." Sorry, the domestic competition was just too underwhelming to consider. The car is not perfect (see suggested improvements) but the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. MPG is 20 with all-city driving and a cherry motor.

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom
By adam on 02/20/07 12:32 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for several months beginning with a Caliber, then a Vibe, and a Matrix, before I finally found the Mazda 3, which had better reviews than all of these other cars and the Honda as well. I am extremely pleased with my purchase. Mine is True Red with black leather interior and I love it. I was previously driving an Intrepid which I loved. My wife now drives the Intrepid and I am blessed to drive my new Mazda. It drives so much better than the Intrepid (which really does drive well, just not as good as the Mazda) and is very peppy. I would definitely recommend that you buy this car if you are looking for something with good MPG, but also with a little power. I love this car!

Between Civic and Mazda3
By leo on 02/17/07 18:56 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The ultimate factor that made me choose the Mazda3 over the Civic was the hatchback utility and cuteness factor. I love the small and zippy feel of the car. Good size for me and not many people in my area have a Mazda3 so it's nice to be different on the road. The telescoping and tilting steering wheel is nice. As is the lumbar support. I didn't upgrade my audio nor have a sunroof, so it's basic but definitely fun to drive.

"Almost" Perfect
By dhectorg on 02/06/07 15:19 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car 5 weeks ago and I am very happy overall. It's fun to drive, has plenty of extras for the price, handles/rides like a dream, and looks sexy. For almost a year, I had been searching for something in the small car class that wasn't just gonna blend into the crowd. While at the same time, offering near best in class quality, performance, and handling. I believe I've found that car in the Mazda3s Grand Touring 5-door. Mazda deserves accolades for pushing the bar higher in a segment that usually inspires boredom. Keep up the good work Mazda.

Jan's Mazda3
By Jan on 02/04/07 08:20 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is a small car on the outside and a luxury car on the inside. Everything in it is comfortable. I got features that I thought only came in luxury models.

Sporty looking and fun to drive
By M on 12/30/06 15:22 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been wanting a Mazda3 since they first came out and finally bought a 2007. All I have to say is this car is everything that I thought it would be. The exterior is very sporty, the engine is fantastic (definitely has the Zoom Zoom thing going for it), and the interior is very sleek. Those that are looking for a fun, sporty, car to drive should definitely look into the Mazda3.

Bang for the buck
By Terry on 12/21/06 18:25 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Mazda3 Grand Touring wagon less than two weeks ago. I traded in a full sized 2004 Ford truck, and could not be happier! The truck was loaded out, so I decided to get this car the same way, only left out the navigation. What a fun car to drive! All the comforts you you would need, or want in a car. It handles great, runs fantastic, and has decent fuel mileage as well. The first tank average for me was 26 on the nose. It did show to get as much as 33 per gal on straight hwy use. I think Mazda has a definite "Bang for the Buck" in the car.,.style, comfort, and performance in a nice little package. I was able to get all this for under $22k. Not bad!

Great fun car for the money
By CK on 11/07/06 23:21 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bam! Mazda has kicked it up a few notches in the compact car segment. The car is everything I expected and more. After taking it for a test drive, I knew I had made a right choice in purchasing the 3. The list of features in the fully loaded GT is something you would normally find in cars retailing for more than $30K. I got mine in true red and it looks great. The engine is quick for a car in this class. Not the old 4 bangers of the past. Overall just a fun car to drive.

Amazing ride.
By zoomin on 10/23/06 08:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

ZOOM! They're not kidding. Outstanding ride. Well engineered and built. Very good handling, great seats, sculpted looks, nice interior. Many extra features. Getting about 29mpg with the 2.3L in mixed driving, mostly interstate >75mph. Can't wait for each work day to end so I get to drive again. Hard to imagine a better combo of performance, mileage, quality, comfort, looks, features, room, price and overall driving pleasure. Much better than my previous Audi A4 or Jetta V6. To top it off got it for Edmunds invoice price. Couldn't be happier.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.