2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
22,000 Miles - Still Glad I Bought It
By Compared it 2 others on 06/14/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it in Feb 2007. It's a great car - and I would recommend it. A big issue with me is I wanted to get the car in light blue, but interior was an ugly beige, so got it in gray with black interior. I can't do beige upholstery - I hate it. Got the car with the ABS & side airbags as well, which was optional equipment at the time. Also, I really wanted the 5 door, even though the back end of the 5 door is kinda frumpy, but 5 door only comes in the S Model. The car handles well, the stick is real fun to drive, and has good acceleration. I think I am getting about 27-28 MPG. I like the fabric used on the upholstery, but the carpeting seems cheap. The car has a good solid feel to it.

Many More For Me
By Chris on 06/14/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 GS (which is second from the top of the line) this is a beautiful car. This car preforms at an extreme level and it has plenty hoursepower for a 4 cylinder automatic. When I needs to pass a car up hill or down the Mazda can pass it with no hesitation. I would definitely recommend a Mazda3 to anyone who was thinking of purchasing a fun car. The only problem I have with this car is that there is a squeak in the center console which Mazda says they can't fix. And after a night of the car being parked, the back brakes stick and then squeak for a few minutes, not a big deal but very loud. Besides these little problems that I found, this is an awesome and fun to drive car.

OK car
By tom on 06/07/08 15:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car almost a year and have enjoyed the handling. The very first thing is the fuel mileage is very poor. In town is 20.7 and interstate is 25, not at all what I expected from a 2.0 engine. Took a trip to AZ and was surprised at handling in traffic, and it felt roomy. I found nothing extra in the mountains as far as power. I guess the engine is a little small, which brings me back to poor mileage. I love the dash at night, doesn't blind me when driving.

Nearly perfect car
By Roger on 06/07/08 09:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car specifically to improve upon the gas mileage I was getting in my Maxima. Even though it's rated for 35 mpg, I routinely get better than that when it's warm out (37-38 is not uncommon). What I've found really impressive is that at high speeds, the mileage doesn't seem to be sacrificed. On the drive from Salt Lake to Laramie, I must have averaged around 80-85 mph and still achieved better than 35 mpg. The stereo is great for a stock stereo and the MP3 jack is a nice touch. I previously owned a 2001 Protege ES which I thought handled slightly better than the 3, but the 3 is a much better looking car. Somehow with the same engine as the Protege, mileage improved big time.

Very FUN to drive
By CarFanatic1987 on 05/25/08 21:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car about a month now and I can honestly say it is the best car I've ever owned (and I've had a new car almost every year for the past 6 years). It's fun to drive and sporty and I love the heated leather seats. Very minimal road noise compared to other cars that I've owned. I've been getting fairly good gas mileage, I'm not really sure how the people reporting bad gas mileage drive but I try to keep it under 2 RPM which is about 55 mph in 5th gear, and I've been getting upper 20's low 30's on average with mostly in town driving. On the other hand if I drive it like a sports car and stomp on the gas which makes the RMP's jump up.

Everything I expected and more!
By Jon on 05/18/08 04:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I knew going into this vehicle that it would not get as good of gas mileage as other vehicles in its class. That said, this car continues to impress me. I've owned for over a year now and drive a lot of miles commuting 80+ miles per day and travel with it alot. Now, after 40K miles the car is still running like new! I ensure the car is maintained religiously and that has paid off with zero mechanical problems to date. Oh yeah, by the way. To help counter the MPG issue, try this... slow down.

Fun Car
By Tom on 05/17/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After 3 months of this car, I can honestly say its the most fun car I've ever driver thats been an every day driver. While not as much fun as a Porsche or a Corvette, this thing is still a lot of fun. This car has performance, better fuel economy, and can handle extremely well. Easily beats my sister's Pontiac G6 in every category except size. The handling is right up there with some of the performance cars I've driven before. This thing never feels like its going to leave the road. The interior color scheme is awesome, and I think it says a lot about the Mazda 3 exterior design when, after 4 years, it still looks better than the new Corolla and the Honda!

Poor Mileage
By Judy on 05/14/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I loved everything about this car when I first saw it. Now that I have had it for almost 2 years, I am disappointed in the mileage. I do mostly city driving, and I am lucky to get 25 mpg. I was told I would get high 20s and mid 30s on the highway. No way that is happening. Also, I had the tires rotated, and the car is very noisy. Would prefer it to be a quieter car. Love the looks of it though.

Better than Honda
By kalkoala on 05/13/08 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had owned one of the first 2006 redesigned Honda Civic Coupes - a car I instantly fell in love with. But I soon fell out of love with my Civic EX and decided to trade the car in. I have to say I didn't have the same passion when I first got my Mazda 3 but nearly a year later I am sold on Mazda. The Mazda has great handling and suspension. And for the price the build quality is an incredible value - Mazda has to be losing money on this. The power is definitely better than the Honda or Toyota. I do think the design is kind of boring. Oh the 2.0 should come standard with more than 4 gears

Best car for the money
By Keith D. on 05/07/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car as a commuter for my wife. She averages 600 miles a week driving through the canyons into Salt Lake City. The car last year averaged 33.8 miles to the gallon through the whole year. This is climbing canyons with and without A/C. Highest mileage has been 36, lowest 31. Changing the oil is a breeze with the cartridge filter. Great power and tourque. Climbs a 6% grade in fifth gear with the cruise set at 70mph. Paid extra for aftermarket leather which was a plus. I really didn't like the Mazda seat heaters or leather. Horn is too soft. Paint is very thin and nicks easily. The Civic and Corolla don't even come close to this car in price or performance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.