Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda Mazda3

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Excellent car but not for winter
By Happy Mazda Owner

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been very pleased with my 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan. We had a lot of difficulty finding a car with decent MPG that my 6'4" boyfriend could fit in. This car has been a joy to own and over the last 2 years I've only had to replace the battery and do regular maintenance. She has been very reliable and I would change very little about her. I live in Montana and would not suggest this car for winter conditions if you drive much. We manage to get by using our second car for the worst days. Being 2 wheel drive, low to the ground and light in weight is not a combination conclusive to safe winter driving.

Favorite Features

Excellent audio system (Bose package). Very peppy and fun to drive. I've had no real problems and have really enjoyed owning this car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish there were a version with optional all-wheel drive (though that would reduce MPG). I would also like to have larger air vents for defrosting the anterior window and a rear windshield wiper. Finally, a trunk release on the key fob would be very handy.

a better compact car
By good car

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well my wife decided on the mazda 3. I believe it suits a female pretty good, although I've been driving the heck out of it lately(6'2 220lbs). It surely beats my jeep's(11-13MPG) getting on average 29-31 MPG. Its peppy with plenty of commuting power, not a race car though. Very comfortable and very stylish inside. Overall its a very good car to own and drive. Although I've been leaning towards the hybrids-45-50MPG. I'm commuting on average 200 miles a day with the mazda 3...OUCH!!! I strongly believe this car gets above average MPG for a car this size and non-hybrid.

Favorite Features

great stereo, hands free radio, plenty of room

Suggested Improvements

It really is a great car compared to its competitors(corolla,civic,etc)

Best Bang For Your Buck!
By Jaimie

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new - 100miles of test driving. I fell in love with it the second I saw it and knew this car belonged to me the first time I drove it. It was a step down from the top line model, and it has been a great car. I keep up to date with the maintenance and it is pretty decent with gas averaging around 28-30mpg. It is always peppy and handles great. Not to add, the thing is a tank and really well built. I hit a truck drive shaft on the highway at 70mph and had no undercarriage damage - only a popped tire. Overall, the car has been great. I just hit 60k and thus far he's still trucking along. For a small car it definitely holds up. I am for sure a Mazda customer.

Favorite Features

Sporty exterior. Large cargo/trunk and plenty of little hidden extra storage. Handles great. Love the car.

Suggested Improvements

What Mazda did with the brand new 2010 Mazda 3 is exactly what I would have changed. Great car!

nice car overall
By daphkn

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle now just short of 3 years and it has 27k miles. Overall it is a fine car. Peppy,responsive, and fun to drive. My wife wanted the automatic so that is what we got. The manumatic is a bit lame when it comes to shifting but it still provides some fun factor. Mileage has been pretty good, right around the ratings. All in all it meets my expectations. The negatives that have come to light are the following. The oem tires are awful for wear and handling on wet pavement. These will need to be replaced soon at $550 to $800 for the lot. I was disappointed to read in the manual that snow chains could not be used on models with alloy wheels. Vehicle is not good in snow.

Favorite Features

interior and exterior styling. responsive engine and handling. fuel economy. hatchback provides nice storage capacity. Headlights are very bright making night driving easier. Sound system is good

Suggested Improvements

Better oem tires. I would have gladly paid a couple hundred extra dollars at the start for a nice performance tire.clamps for a roof rack would be nice (like the mazda 5) More insulation to improve road noise issue (very loud on certain road conditions). The windshield wipers are also loud.

I have a Mazdaspeed3 and a 3 Sedan
By UHATEIT

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I personally own a Mazdaspeed3 hatchback and my wife enjoyed the sedan enough to want to get a sedan so we bought one. The interior on both is very nice and almost identical. My wife loves the look of this car and it is a very sport car with nice interior and looks on the outside. I had to add a rear wing to make it look sportier and upgraded my wife's interior lighting to LED's and upgraded her headlights to HID as well as upgraded the rims to 18-inch. The stock 16s are really ugly and too narrow so the fenders stuck out like crazy, adding wider and larger rims made a difference. Also the rearend is too high up so we had to install rear springs to drop the back down a bit to even it out.

Favorite Features

Love the interior, looks almost the same as my Mazdaspeed3. The color choices for the sedan are awesome! We have Aurora Blue which is a beautiful color not available on the Mazdaspeed3 which really disappointed me that the MS3 had so few color choices. The sedan A looks great overall in and out!

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest that they make the rearend look a bit sportier by lowering it 1/2 inch to even it out like the front so it doesn't look like a 4x4. Also, making options for lip kits would be nice as well. Also, some sportier wheel options and a stock rear spoiler would also work out well.