Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Motorized Perfection
By cmdrscotie

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove a used model and decided to give a new Mazda a try (never owned one before). Nice lines, tight chassis, looks like a BMW knockoff. 3.9% financing was a nice bonus.

Favorite Features

I'm 6'4, so having an height- adjustable seat is a big deal for me to get the inside mirror above my line of sight. Holds the road wonderfully. Huge trunk. With a broken-in engine, I Slick 50ed the motor, added a cold air intake, and get 30-34 MPG all day long with the 2.3 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a trunk release button on the key chain.

Zoom all the way
By shawn

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 3 for 2 years now and would have to say it's a great little car for the money. It's cute and I love the color of mine it's phantom blue mica. I get lots of complimets on the car.

Favorite Features

I love the blue gauges and nice big glove box and the get up and go 2.3 and the seats are nicely made.

Suggested Improvements

None, love the 3 and would buy it again!

My 2007 Mazda 3 i Touring
By Kprice_79

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. I bought mine July of 2007 and absolutely love it. When it is time to trade this one in, I will definitely be getting another Mazda. The only thing I don't like about it, after a certain amount of miles (low mileage) the tires seem to make a loud noise after accelerating to a certain speed and when slowing down. I would also put at trunk release on the keyless entry pad. Would be a great help.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, smooth ride, interior, exterior, 6-disk cd player, the dome lights purple/pinkish colors look awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release on keyless entry pad, quieter tires.

No whining, please!
By Spoolie

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car has better overall performance than the most famous 1960 Jaguar MkII 3.8L! Yes, I wore off the Toyo OEM tires in 18k. Solution - some GoodYear Assurance TripleTreds rated for 80k. Yes, don't go in the snow with Toyo. Solution - again TripleTred fixed that. Yes, easily banged up in the supermarket parking lot. Solution - It's only a $18k car, so don't worry about it. I have a few wrinkles on my face! Yes, chassis outruns the engine once in a while. Solution: get the cold air intake and freer exhaust system for $1k = 25+ more hp. Or get the manual trans. Yes, a little "piggy" in the city = 22 mpg. Solution: Get on the highway = 38 mpg.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Cheap to run. Great driving position. Built solid.

Suggested Improvements

Not worth worrying about.

I love it!
By kc2007

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I can't say enough about my Mazda3. I got everything I wanted in this car at a great price. I do agree with the prior comment about thin paint. I've never had a car chip so much as this one. But I can live with that.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage - I avg 35mpg. Sporty look, great standard equipment. Great value!

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release on the key fob.