Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Most Helpful|
Motorized Perfection
By cmdrscotie

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove a used model and decided to give a new Mazda a try (never owned one before). Nice lines, tight chassis, looks like a BMW knockoff. 3.9% financing was a nice bonus.

Favorite Features

I'm 6'4, so having an height- adjustable seat is a big deal for me to get the inside mirror above my line of sight. Holds the road wonderfully. Huge trunk. With a broken-in engine, I Slick 50ed the motor, added a cold air intake, and get 30-34 MPG all day long with the 2.3 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a trunk release button on the key chain.

Satisfied with room to improve
By Davey

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and now have almost 50K on it. Only had one problem crop up so far with a bad sensor that ran me about $250 at the Mazda dealer. Never left me stranded. I took my stereo out and but in a JVC nav head unit. Great pick up for a 4- cyl 2.3 engine. comfy front seats and rear but short on leg room in the rear for 6 foot people. Truck is a decent size as well. Great chassis and suspension holds the road like nothing else

Favorite Features

heated seats, moonroof, the chassis and suspension, xenon lights, illumnation of the gauges, exterior styling i think is timeless love the leather but wish it came in tan instead of black. Clutch take up is very smooth

Suggested Improvements

my original tires (goodyear) lasted me 21K. i average 25 MPG with spirited driving. Could still use a little more power. Dealer network isn't as vast as domestics. The shifter has a rubbery feel to and sometimes you can miss a gear. The bose system is a joke, total waste of money.

Like a Wagon
By jjimbo

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The 2007 Mazda 3i seems to have a great mix of speed, style, and sporty looks for it's class. The car is very fun to drive and looks double the amount that it was in 2007. Two flaws that the car has is the super stiff suspension that feels like a wagon on the open trail. The other problem is the body's integrity. The sheet metal is very soft and the plastic seems to be so cheap that it looses color after 5 years.

100,000 Miles - Great Car
By cleaver

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've put 100,000 miles on this car. The struts are just now needing to be replaced. Other than that, we have simply changed fluids and replaced tires on this car. The original brake pads are still on it. For a $16,000 car, this was a bargain. It does everything a cheap car should do, plus some. The suspension is well-tuned and the steering doesn't feel dead in the driver's hands. It isn't a racecar by any means, but it is a driver's car that lets you know how the tires are working while you are driving. Gas mileage often over 30 in mixed driving. I'll keep buying from Mazda after this experience.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, well-tuned suspension, interior looks nice at night with red accents. Looks better than most other small cars. Steering-wheel controls are nice to have.

Suggested Improvements

We have dogs and the weave of the cloth fabric makes it extra-hard for some reason to vacuum the dog hair out of. We'll probably never get it all out. Other than that, there's nothing to complain about for a car at this price range.

I Love my Mazda 3.....
By mwheatley

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought the vehicle, it was a horrible headache, and it was too bad but I received a Lemon. The Motor Blew at 28,000 and I drive it like a grandmother. I think almost every part on the car fell apart or was defective, I would list however the list is way too long, no word of a lie at least 20 different parts in/and out. It was so bad at a certain point I gave up and left some stuff broken ex. vents However I still love my car, it's always a fun drive. I would even buy another. My wife bought the same car except it was hatchback and it has over 300,000 kms and still going strong and other then general maintenance, the only part that we needed to replace was the Altenator.

Favorite Features

Excellent Drive

Suggested Improvements

Trunk Release which they have taken people's advice and the new cars have it.