Used 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

I Love My Mazda3
By Randy

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car purchase and my first Mazda and I love this car. I thought the automatic transmission was trash so I got the manual. I get about 26 to 27 miles per gallon under mixed highway and city driving. I drive it pretty hard (I can't help it; it's fun to drive). I got rid of the whip antenna and replaced it with a Shark Fin Antenna and the car looks really nice with it. My friend says it looks almost like a BMW! The car looks REALLY nice in Black.

Fun to drive. Looks good. Spacious interior for a small car. Trunk isn't too bad either.

Cheap paint job. It handles good, but wish it handled a little better. Maybe I need better tires.

A must look in the small car class
By mikeman075

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After years of driving a thirsty pig of a Nissan Maxima, I decided I wanted something smaller and more economical. The thing is I was not willing to give up the fun to drive factor. After looking at many different cars, I always came back to the Mazda 3. It provides by far the most fun in its price class. In the nearly three years I've owned this car, I've been very impressed with the overall performance and quality. The steering and handling in particular are outstanding providing nearly BMW style feedback. I love this car as you could probably tell by now. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a economical car but can't stand boring cars like the Toyota Corolla.

As mentioned above, the steering and handling are superb. The 2.0L has decent power and torque. I also like the overall layout of the interior. My 6'3" frame fits well inside. The trunk is also a bit larger then one would expect. Mileage is good, about 27 MPG in mostly city/suburban driving.

The OEM Toyo tires were crappy and wore out within 15,000 miles. The Bridgestone I replaced them with are wearing very well though so it was the tires rather than the car. Also, I would have liked the 2.0 liter available in the hatch version. I may have bought that over the sedan.

Mazda 3 is a great car
By Aidan Doherty

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Handles and performs much better than my last car, a Civic, and has much nicer interior styling also. A great value for the price.

Interior and exterior style. Good performance for its class.

Motorized Perfection
By cmdrscotie

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove a used model and decided to give a new Mazda a try (never owned one before). Nice lines, tight chassis, looks like a BMW knockoff. 3.9% financing was a nice bonus.

I'm 6'4, so having an height- adjustable seat is a big deal for me to get the inside mirror above my line of sight. Holds the road wonderfully. Huge trunk. With a broken-in engine, I Slick 50ed the motor, added a cold air intake, and get 30-34 MPG all day long with the 2.3 engine.

Needs a trunk release button on the key chain.

Zoom all the way
By shawn

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 3 for 2 years now and would have to say it's a great little car for the money. It's cute and I love the color of mine it's phantom blue mica. I get lots of complimets on the car.

I love the blue gauges and nice big glove box and the get up and go 2.3 and the seats are nicely made.

None, love the 3 and would buy it again!

• SUV