Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fun Car
By Jeff

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Great little car. Drives like a sports car despite being FWD. Overall quality is excellent. Not much rear seat leg room and MPG with the 2.3 L engine is so-so, but overall, this car is a very good buy.

Slides around in snow really bad
By Deb

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

If you are considering buying a used '07, this car is great, until there is snow on the road. It isn't anywhere close to being safe in the winter. The tires are too low. I'd have to change the wheels to get an all weather tire on it and with those big brakes, I'm not even sure it could be done. If you live where it doesn't snow, the car is great, buy it. If you live where it snows, don't even consider it. If I didn't also have a 4- wheel drive pick-up to drive, I would have sold this car the first winter I had it.

The hatchback, it's very handy.

Put on a wheel that will accommodate all season tires.

Gas Mileage Solved w/ Other Thoughts
By john

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving this car now for about six months. For the money, it cannot be beat - just straight up amazing value. The high end appointments (bose stereo, xenon lighting, heated leather seats, 18" wheels) make this car a head turner. But Ive read reviews about the gas mileage - my thoughts: your two biggest variables are temperature and conditions. If it is cold in the city, I get like 20 mpg, if its warm and on the highway, I get about 35. Huge range on this car. Its engine is a touch undersized, so anything over 70mph on the highway drops your mileage considerably. I got about 34mpg on a roadtrip to NYC this weekend - just cruise at about 68mph.

Great city car size, roomy, comfy, reasonably fast, good fuel economy, hatchback utility, xenon lights, heated seats!

Build quality a bit suspect, stereo weak, road noise but these are minor critiques. A plugin-hybrid, awd version would really shake things up.

2007 Mazda 3s
By DonC

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for almost 3 years/33,000 miles without a single problem. Fun to drive/handles great. Love the 5 speed manual transmission. I'm tall (6-04, 210lbs and I find the front seats to be uncomfortable on long drives. My 5-04 wife and daughters love the seats. If I drive it easy on the hwy we get at best 30 mpg. I think a car of this size should do better although it does have the 2.3 engine.

Reliability/styling/handling. Great manual transmission/clutch - very easy and smooth to drive.

Should get better mileage for a car this size. More comfortable front seats for tall people.

Headlight Problems
By Brittany

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car for three years this Feb. and so far, I'm content. However, I've had to replace my front headlights, two times each, and my tail light once; within a year! I'm really annoyed because the dealership charges $36 for the bulb and $40 for labor! Then they said bulbs only last a year's time. I'm not so happy with this. Plus, I've had instances where the driver's window wouldn't go up when I tried the first time. The second go around, it worked, but it becomes temperamental.

I love the dash board and the illuminating lights. I think it is a smooth, quiet, and enjoyable ride.