2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Fun sporty fuel efficient and reliable
By 89lx5o on 11/16/08 11:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've now owned this car for two years now and it's been phenomenal. It's very fun to drive with a sporty suspension, pretty powerful motor and very smooth trans. To top that off I get 28 mpg in the summer and 26 mpg in the winter the reason comes with the different gas formulas. I have not had ONE reliability issue yet (knock on wood). It has very comfortable seats, but is definitely not a luxury car. It has a decent amount of road noise, and is a lil harsh on bumps. When you get nice roads to drive on road noise is a lot lower and the handling aspects of this car come out. If youÂ’re willing to sacrifice a smooth ride for some sporty handling I would recommend this car to anyone!

Best car in class
By Anonymous on 10/12/08 16:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda 3 is by far the best value for the money. Great features, awesome to drive and great design. No other car on the market can match the performance, comfort and style in its price range. Very reliable and well made. Definitely recommend this car to anyone.

56K and still going
By js1 on 10/06/08 06:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It will be two years in March 09 and this car is tough. 56k and still drives like the day I drove it off the dealership lot, save for new tires at 40k and rotors that are worn, but I do push this car to the limit. I think if you are looking for a dependable used car that gets 35mpg and is fun to drive this is for you. Previously drove 97 honda civic and 93 honda civic and like the car better than previous two, much more reliable.

It's just OK
By andi on 09/08/08 19:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Mazda for a year and a half. Had some problems with the tires, they say that "that's just how they're made", so I am having to replace them after 33000 miles! And I've already replaced one due to a blow out! Love to drive it. But it's much too loud. Lots of road noise. Lots of fun features.

Still Love It
By MazdaManiac on 08/26/08 07:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had wanted this car from the instant Mazda unveiled it. I love small sporty sedans. I researched cars for four solid years before confirming that this is the one I wanted. Almost two years of ownership and I'm still in love with this car! I think it's one of the most underestimated cars on the road today. It doesn't belong in the economy class, it needs to be bumped up somewhere well north of the land of Focus and Cobalt, but just south of entry-levels from Acura, BMW, and Audi. It rides perfectly, it handles great, it looks beautiful inside and out. The engine is faster than many V6s I've driven. I've had zero problems with it. I'm VERY happy with it.

The honeymoon is over
By carroll george on 07/22/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Very good handling, good mpg for a compact, very good power, lot's of features for money, ride below avg. Even for a compact also not very quiet even for a compact, had it back in for at least 2 events. Remote start and engine lite was on 4 days while I waited for an appointment. Could not drive it for fear of breaking down out of town or in bad place. Messed up 4 day week end.

Tons of features, short of the leaders
By Vince on 07/14/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Slow, very unresponsive engine below 4K. The 2.0 liter in my RSX Type S feels much stronger than the 2.3 in this. Handling is good when driven at 7 tenths, but gets sloppy when pushed to the limits. Very long list of features, but quality is extremely disappointing:driver's seat squeaks badly (driver is 100 lbs), dash rattles horribly, driver's side window slams into frame when rolling up and rear left door vibrates badly when opened and is extremely hard to shut. I now know why Mazda offers so many things on this car; it's b/c they cannot match Honda and/or Toyota in terms of quality and refinement.

Your opinions helped me, so...
By zeroismydoggie on 06/30/08 22:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched various cars over a year ago before my purchase, and online reviews were a large part of it. To return the favour, I'll write about my Mazda 3 5-door. Everything about it is great. My boyfriend has an Avalanche and can barely afford to drive it, but my car, even with the high gas prices, is $45 every 2 weeks. And I drive home at lunch every day. The back seats fold down so my 2 large dogs can fit in the back without destruction, and with the hatchback I just lift up the trunk to let them jump in. I hesitated to get the fit, scion a & versa as they were puny. This car has some guts but is sporty and versatile at the same time. Cheers.

Gas Mileage
By Al Bradley on 06/29/08 06:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My first tank I got 40 mpg. I could not believe this so I checked the second tank, 37.3 mpg, much better than what the EPA says (32). This was all highway driving in the mountains. Great car!!

Good All-Around Car
By JustAGuy on 06/17/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year and have enjoyed it very much. It is very comfortable and stylish and is a pleasure to drive. For being a naturally aspirated 4-banger, it also performs pretty well. It is a great daily driver that I am very proud to own.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.