Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Best car in class
By Anonymous

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda 3 is by far the best value for the money. Great features, awesome to drive and great design. No other car on the market can match the performance, comfort and style in its price range. Very reliable and well made. Definitely recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, cool design, lots a features including sun roof, 17" alloy wheels, in-dash 6 cd changer, free oil changes for life etc.

Suggested Improvements

Could do better on gas mileage (get 26mpg city/highway driving), but with the available power it is worth the price.

The honeymoon is over
By carroll george

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Very good handling, good mpg for a compact, very good power, lot's of features for money, ride below avg. Even for a compact also not very quiet even for a compact, had it back in for at least 2 events. Remote start and engine lite was on 4 days while I waited for an appointment. Could not drive it for fear of breaking down out of town or in bad place. Messed up 4 day week end.

Favorite Features

Style, features, wagon, red, sport 5spd. Auto, satellite radio.

Suggested Improvements

Better horn, more foot space, quieter and better ride

Your opinions helped me, so...
By zeroismydoggie

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched various cars over a year ago before my purchase, and online reviews were a large part of it. To return the favour, I'll write about my Mazda 3 5-door. Everything about it is great. My boyfriend has an Avalanche and can barely afford to drive it, but my car, even with the high gas prices, is $45 every 2 weeks. And I drive home at lunch every day. The back seats fold down so my 2 large dogs can fit in the back without destruction, and with the hatchback I just lift up the trunk to let them jump in. I hesitated to get the fit, scion a & versa as they were puny. This car has some guts but is sporty and versatile at the same time. Cheers.

Favorite Features

Can play iTunes from my iPhone

Suggested Improvements

The back cover thing in the trunk is hard to get back on once it's off. Could be user error.

Good All-Around Car
By JustAGuy

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year and have enjoyed it very much. It is very comfortable and stylish and is a pleasure to drive. For being a naturally aspirated 4-banger, it also performs pretty well. It is a great daily driver that I am very proud to own.

Favorite Features

This is one of the few cars that still offer a decent manual transmission. The guage cluster is sweet. Everything about the interior belongs in a higher-class vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

The gas-mileage does not come anywhere close to the EPA estimates unless you drive like a grandma at all times. The estimated city mileage is a claimed 26, but I've never gotten over 21, which I had to earn by keeping the RPM under 2.2.

Very FUN to drive
By CarFanatic1987

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car about a month now and I can honestly say it is the best car I've ever owned (and I've had a new car almost every year for the past 6 years). It's fun to drive and sporty and I love the heated leather seats. Very minimal road noise compared to other cars that I've owned. I've been getting fairly good gas mileage, I'm not really sure how the people reporting bad gas mileage drive but I try to keep it under 2 RPM which is about 55 mph in 5th gear, and I've been getting upper 20's low 30's on average with mostly in town driving. On the other hand if I drive it like a sports car and stomp on the gas which makes the RMP's jump up.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, Bose stereo system w/ 6 CD changer and iPod integration. I like the hatchback for hauling stuff and the dogs.

Suggested Improvements

Wish Sirius was standard, I don't like the light silver paint color, wish it was the darker grey. Also wish it was MT instead of AT but when you buy a used car you take what you can get.