2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Excellent
By mazdaspeedfreak on 07/17/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car has the best looks, performance, reliability for its price.

Fun-to-dollar rating is high
By Paul on 07/05/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I thought Mazda's Zoom-Zoom campaign was just marketing, but it actually describes the personality of the Mazda3. It has the functionality, versatility and economy of a small hatchback, but the fun-to-drive feature captured us. Numerous luxo touches. Overall, excellent value at this price point.

Awesome! Buy One!
By Matt on 06/25/07 06:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. Moved from my 2006 Mazda6 to this. I bought a manual because they are fun to drive. I found out that they are not as comfortable as the 6 at all. Car has a lot of pep. Lots of compliments. Get the White Pearl!

A Good Bang for the Buck!
By jwjuliano on 06/17/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Everything about the car is top notch. Cannot begin to compare the features for under $20K, many of which are found in cars costing twice as much. Be careful of your speed; the car is fast and quiet for its class. Gas mileage is decent, low 30s on the highway doing around 70 mph with A/C running. Aux. jack is a great feature to allow hook up for your iPod or satellite radio.

Snaab returns to the islands
By Yoshi on 06/06/07 22:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

13.5 years with Samantha, Sam, my manual 5 Saab, left me looking for slick escapes from daring edgework, tires squealing but suspension reliable and hugging seats. Got 'em in the Mazda3: tightest turning at speed, I'm still discovering wide slow sweet sweeps; body's external angles impress, as internal fits tightly to my average sized frame. I love gloving my lats, glutes and knees into the sculpted driver's pit, then telescoping out and laying steering wheel in my lap. But, 3,333 miles in my hands, I prefer my Saab's H handles. Named "Bluey, because it's SO blue!" by my 7 y/o, the Mazda3 performance out-classes the clumsier Mazda6, impresses with pickup, quiet, and rail-like free-wheeling.

My Mazda3
By No on 06/05/07 22:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Mazda3 after reviewing the Civic and other similiar cars. Overall I considered the price, style and gas mileage. I drove the Speed and 5 Door Grand Touring 2.3 hatchback and chose the Mazda 2.3 Grand Touring due to price considerations. The car is great, I really like it and I have the Bose System with sunroof. However, after four months I think I should have gotten the Speed. Clutch is good, better with a shorter throw. Last note: I'm getting 27.3 mpg and traveling 80 mph on the freeway for a about 80 miles a day.

Zoom-Zoom is Fun-Fun
By Van Sinclair on 05/27/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine in Oct. of 2006 and it is really fun to drive. I got the manual so I could actually feel the car when I drive. I wanted one a couple of years ago when they first came out but bought something else instead. I am glad I finally own one. This thing flies and handles for its size and price.

The unexpected... 2,000 miles later
By Fshkpr1 on 05/19/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Steering wheel feels great to grip. Does not feel like a front wheel drive car. Manual shifter is not only slick but has good insulation, almost no noise or vibration! 2.3L engine is smooth and powerful but gas mileage is not good, about 24 mpg (combined driving). Pretty roomy inside for a small car. Not much room for driver's feet, gas pedal and brake pedal are too close together. (This is with manual trans.) Standard single disc CD stereo sounds great, better than that in my '06 Lexus GS 300! Horn is too weak, a safety concern! Most unexpected: I still CRAVE to drive it, although I have been driving for 35 years and have sampled over 10,000 cars as a mechanic!

Zoom Zoom Hatchback
By Menelaos on 05/15/07 13:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great driving machine but hard to find a manual. 07 Civic and 07 Corolla have nowhere near the road manners and performance of this one. Smooth and quiet ride but with excellent feel of the road. Acceleration is quite spirited and the quiet cabin belies the speed you are driving at. Braking is amazing! Only car with stability control at this price level. In mixed driving around Seattle I get 400 miles per tank. The hatch has ample cargo volume for hauling. Very easy to attach baby seats with the latch system. Driving at night, with the fog lights on, is a pleasure for tired eyes. The illuminated buttons (audio and cruise) on the steering wheel take a bit of getting used to.

I Love My 3 GT Hatch!
By jlc0005 on 05/11/07 20:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I debated for over a year before I finally bought one and I couldn't be happier. I bought it in November, but only started driving it regularly after selling my old car about 2 months ago. So far, it's been a great little car. It's an Aurora Blue GT loaded with Bose, moonroof, 6CD, 5-spd AT, and Homelink autodim mirror. I so look forward to driving my car, even though gas prices are outrageous.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.