Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 275 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Good car
By Lisal

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my little car. Great fuel mileage and has never given me a bit of trouble. My only complaint is the suspension package. Sporty handling, but what the dealer fails to tell you is about the tire wear. The Mazda mechanic didn't even know this...The wheels have a negative camber, meaning they tilt inward at the top for better gripping and handling. This also causes uneven tire wear. I was fortunate that my tires lasted 40k miles but the far inside tread was completely bald. I hope I can get than many miles out of this second set. Buyer should be made aware.

Handling, looks, reliability

Trunk release on key fob. Re-design car for better handling without having negative camber.

Excellent Over All
By Mizzbee

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After 3.5 years, I still really LOVE my Mazda 3 Hatch..My complaints are few but to prospective buyers,worth noting. 1.Check engine light comes on about twice a year-- and so far,has only meant that the gas cap was loose. Why no 'loose gas cap' light? They charge to check it on the diagnostic computer. It's a rip, imo. 2. The original tires are awful. Replace them as soon as you can. 3. Dash visibility is poor depending on how you have the steering wheel set. At the height and angle I like it, I cannot see vital things like my temp gauge or speedometer. 4. Interior (wherever you might touch with your arms) gets covered in unsightly White smudges if you wear any type of sunblock.

Love the cargo room,the handling, the style, the driver's side lumbar support. Love the Ipod hookup. Standard stereo is just fine.

Improve the visibility if the dash gauges in relation to the setting of the steering wheel..Mine is very bad, and I'm only 5'8". Make the interior surfaces easier to clean.

My Updated Mazda
By HappyMazdaGirl3

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It was time to trade in my 2002 Mazda Protege. That car was a dream for 9 years she served me well. After being rear ended on the interstate, with 89,000 on her, it was time to say good bye. It was a sad day. I searched and searched for a new car. From a Ford Fiesta, Honda Civic, and the 2010 Mazda and I spent 4 months of research and ended up with Louise (the name of my car) :-). She is very comfy and fits me well. I have not had her long enough but overall she is good. However, I am concerned about the Fuel Economy. I am currently seeing the true gas mpg on this car. Also visibility is good not great but good. If Mazda could improve fuel Economy it be a big bang for the buck

Comfort, style, rides like a dream. Quite. Very comfort for long trips. Keep the fun driving Mazda.

I think Mazda should work on the Fuel Economy. This is my 3rd Mazda. I have had 2 Proteges' and now a Mazda 3. I'll write more when I when I have more data on Fuel Economy of this car. Otherwise I recommend.

Best Car
By Gennie

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

My 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback was an outstanding car. I only had one issue, the air intake manifold needed to be replaced, and was done so under warranty. Amazing pick up, very safe, and I fit lots of stuff into the back. Did great in the snow, too!

A tough car, kept me extremely safe in a front end collision. Great mileage! Handles well in the mountains.

The body was easily dinged.

I like it
By t777jb

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a great car and the list of features is fantastic for the money. I put some Continental Tires ($800) on it which have improved the wet handling tremendously - anxious to try it in the snow. I was afraid of it in those conditions with the original tires. The ride quality on the Continentals is much better than the original tires. My paint has way too many chips like others. I'm satisfied with 27 mpg avg for this level of power. Manual is very smooth. Pedals are a little close together though and I have a size 10 shoe. Needs heated mirrors. I think I will have to get a BMW 3 series next to find something I would consider an upgrade in handling and luxury.

Heated seats, Xenon lights, climate control, I like the look of the 17" wheels, silky transmission, sporty handling.

Heated mirrors, better paint, more pedal room, 30 more HP, and send it from the factory with a decent set of tires. I'd like to see it offered with about 50 more HP and AWD - that would be a fun car and I think Mazda might do that better than Subaru and cheaper than Audi.