Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Mazda 3 is a great car
By Aidan Doherty on 04/01/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Handles and performs much better than my last car, a Civic, and has much nicer interior styling also. A great value for the price.

A real driver's car
By DaGreatChaz on 03/07/09 04:14 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, you won't find a better driving hatchback out there (minus the Mazdaspeed3, GTI, STI, etc. of course). Typical Mazda steering, powerful brakes, and fantastic grip. If the aforementioned are more important to you than mpg, the Maz3 is definitely worth a look. Fuel economy is ok, but certainly not great for a compact, as has been said by many others. Driving from CA to NY (all interstate with speeds around 75-80), I averaged around 30 mpg. A typical tank with mixed city and hwy driving will yield 22-26 mpg. For those who cannot see their gauges in daylight, you need to push that little button on the instrument cluster to alternate your dash lighting - there are two modes

Great car for the money
By Brianne R on 02/22/09 17:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I got a great deal on end of model year on this car and I have been very happy over the last year and a half. Zippy car with great handling. Ride may be stiff for some, but I like it. The rear seat can be a little cramped for large passengers, but we've taken some long trips with average folks and they've been fine. The trunk is also roomy enough for their luggage for a weekend trip. Gotta love hatchbacks! With the seats folded down, my husband and I are quite comfortable riding around Pennsylvania for a week with luggage and Christmas presents for all the in-laws. Turning radius is fantastic. Makes parking a breeze.

Motorized Perfection
By cmdrscotie on 02/15/09 08:44 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove a used model and decided to give a new Mazda a try (never owned one before). Nice lines, tight chassis, looks like a BMW knockoff. 3.9% financing was a nice bonus.

It's Okay.....
By ChadM on 02/11/09 09:45 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 2 1/2 years and have a couple of issues with it. From the beginning I have been dealing with warning lights coming on non stop with nothing wrong. I had a blow out of one of my tires. In the pst 1 1/2 I have had to replace the tires twice, maybe because of my commuting. Overall I do love my car, it's just been one thing after another though.

Zoom all the way
By shawn on 01/25/09 00:31 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 3 for 2 years now and would have to say it's a great little car for the money. It's cute and I love the color of mine it's phantom blue mica. I get lots of complimets on the car.

My 2007 Mazda 3 i Touring
By Kprice_79 on 01/15/09 19:00 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. I bought mine July of 2007 and absolutely love it. When it is time to trade this one in, I will definitely be getting another Mazda. The only thing I don't like about it, after a certain amount of miles (low mileage) the tires seem to make a loud noise after accelerating to a certain speed and when slowing down. I would also put at trunk release on the keyless entry pad. Would be a great help.

No whining, please!
By Spoolie on 01/12/09 10:33 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car has better overall performance than the most famous 1960 Jaguar MkII 3.8L! Yes, I wore off the Toyo OEM tires in 18k. Solution - some GoodYear Assurance TripleTreds rated for 80k. Yes, don't go in the snow with Toyo. Solution - again TripleTred fixed that. Yes, easily banged up in the supermarket parking lot. Solution - It's only a $18k car, so don't worry about it. I have a few wrinkles on my face! Yes, chassis outruns the engine once in a while. Solution: get the cold air intake and freer exhaust system for $1k = 25+ more hp. Or get the manual trans. Yes, a little "piggy" in the city = 22 mpg. Solution: Get on the highway = 38 mpg.

Not in Snow !
By Bullsnotcowboy on 12/29/08 16:43 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

It is incredible in dry weather. Nice quick ride and rather cheap to own. Oil changes are awful as they have a plastic shield you have to remove first and Jiffy lube just cuts through it to get to the filter. I greased the 8 bolts so they do not rust up so quickly. Park this car when it snows - it is very dangerous. I cannot even get up a slight incline. completly useless. As much as I love driving it in good weather I will be forced to get rid of it as it is 100% useless on any little bit of snow.

I love it!
By kc2007 on 12/17/08 11:04 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I can't say enough about my Mazda3. I got everything I wanted in this car at a great price. I do agree with the prior comment about thin paint. I've never had a car chip so much as this one. But I can live with that.