Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

I like it
By t777jb

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a great car and the list of features is fantastic for the money. I put some Continental Tires ($800) on it which have improved the wet handling tremendously - anxious to try it in the snow. I was afraid of it in those conditions with the original tires. The ride quality on the Continentals is much better than the original tires. My paint has way too many chips like others. I'm satisfied with 27 mpg avg for this level of power. Manual is very smooth. Pedals are a little close together though and I have a size 10 shoe. Needs heated mirrors. I think I will have to get a BMW 3 series next to find something I would consider an upgrade in handling and luxury.

Heated seats, Xenon lights, climate control, I like the look of the 17" wheels, silky transmission, sporty handling.

Heated mirrors, better paint, more pedal room, 30 more HP, and send it from the factory with a decent set of tires. I'd like to see it offered with about 50 more HP and AWD - that would be a fun car and I think Mazda might do that better than Subaru and cheaper than Audi.

This car Rocks!
By sword182

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this as my first brand new car back in '07. In the three years I have owned this car I have had no problems with it. I changed the oil and rotated tires, that's about it. The BOSE systems is pretty decent, but remember it is a stock system. I know a lot of reviews say this car sucks in the snow and rain, it doesn't if you have a good set of tires. The stock tires that came with this car were awful. I live in Colorado and snowboard religiously, I take my 3 up all the time and this car has never let me down. I did however go to tirerack and bought a 4 winter tires mounted on 16 inch wheels which fit the car well. This added the rubber needed for good traction in the winter.

The interior, heated leather seats,Traction control, the suspension is great and handles like nothing else.

A little more power in the engine but can't complain. Bluetooth and power seat would have been nice too.

Great Car
By Ken Demarest

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

With the kids all grown, I no longer needed a midsized car for 95% of I need a car for. The 3 seems just the right size and is a lot of fun to drive. I like the go-cart feel, and I really like the steering and suspension feel and sound on this car.

The car looks great inside and out, particularly with the sun roof and the spoiler. I really like how the suspension is tuned. The bumps and road noise are just right for my liking.

The cockpit-type front seats are cool looking, but the console is to deep for such a narrow car. Hence, I'm still trying to find the right sitting position so that my right leg doesn't push too strongly against the console edge.

Japanese BMW
By sbowden99

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Fun, extremely tossable hatchback. And you would not believe how much cargo this vehicle can hold with the seats folded down. It's my wife's car, but I feel lucky when she's out of town and I can drive it a bit.

Manumatic transmission, aux input jack, sunroof, leather seats, beautiful and sporty gauges.

The vehicle does have some rattles and buzzes after three years.

Satisfied with room to improve
By Davey

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and now have almost 50K on it. Only had one problem crop up so far with a bad sensor that ran me about $250 at the Mazda dealer. Never left me stranded. I took my stereo out and but in a JVC nav head unit. Great pick up for a 4- cyl 2.3 engine. comfy front seats and rear but short on leg room in the rear for 6 foot people. Truck is a decent size as well. Great chassis and suspension holds the road like nothing else

heated seats, moonroof, the chassis and suspension, xenon lights, illumnation of the gauges, exterior styling i think is timeless love the leather but wish it came in tan instead of black. Clutch take up is very smooth

my original tires (goodyear) lasted me 21K. i average 25 MPG with spirited driving. Could still use a little more power. Dealer network isn't as vast as domestics. The shifter has a rubbery feel to and sometimes you can miss a gear. The bose system is a joke, total waste of money.