2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
40 mpg - why no press for that?
By rvoza on 07/16/09 06:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's quick when you need it, it looks like a sharp euro car, especially in White. I've driven 85k in the 2 years I've had it, not one problem except new tires, no surprise. When I use Mobil 1 5-20 and drive 55, I get 40 mpg! Can you show me another non-hybrid car at this price that performs like that? at under $14k, the 07 is perfect for anyone on a lower budget. The 2.3 engine is faster and offers more color choices, but you'll lose 5 mpg. The 2.0 is fast enough unless you have ego issues.

Fantastic after 2 years
By Sara on 06/20/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best cars I have owned. I live in small town Oregon so rarely ever see a freeway or a big city. Mostly I drive 60 mph between towns. My gas mileage is 30.5 around town and 36mpg when traveling. The manual tran is fast and fun to drive. I have had zero problems in the 2 years with only required service when needed.

Awesome!!
By stephen on 05/31/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my mazda3. It looks great, gets good gas mileage, handles great, and has great features. Mine has heated seats, gps, leather throughout, mp3 hookup, and love the look of the hatchback. I have the slapshift and it gets up a lot quicker when using the stick. I recommend this car to anyone!

I Love My Mazda3
By Randy on 05/16/09 18:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car purchase and my first Mazda and I love this car. I thought the automatic transmission was trash so I got the manual. I get about 26 to 27 miles per gallon under mixed highway and city driving. I drive it pretty hard (I can't help it; it's fun to drive). I got rid of the whip antenna and replaced it with a Shark Fin Antenna and the car looks really nice with it. My friend says it looks almost like a BMW! The car looks REALLY nice in Black.

It is almost perfect BUT....
By Liam on 05/14/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, but would strongly recommend you get the manual transmission if you are after max fun. The automatic shift function is a joke. Off of the highway the 2.0L engine is almost just as fun and much better on gas, plus you can avoid those terrible 17" tires. 33K so far and nothing except basic maintainace and having to buy snow tires on steel rims and new street tires on the 17" rims.

A must look in the small car class
By mikeman075 on 04/06/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After years of driving a thirsty pig of a Nissan Maxima, I decided I wanted something smaller and more economical. The thing is I was not willing to give up the fun to drive factor. After looking at many different cars, I always came back to the Mazda 3. It provides by far the most fun in its price class. In the nearly three years I've owned this car, I've been very impressed with the overall performance and quality. The steering and handling in particular are outstanding providing nearly BMW style feedback. I love this car as you could probably tell by now. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a economical car but can't stand boring cars like the Toyota Corolla.

Gas Pig
By Russ on 04/02/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, it's a great car. No mechanical issues at 16,700 miles. It's got great pick-up and looks great. I get 27 mpg on the highway at 65-70 and I think that bites. I can get 37 out of my Focus. If I drive at 45 mph down the highway I can get to the 34 mpg range. The 17" Goodyear Eagle P** tires are about worn out. I'm really disappointed with them. Almost all my driving has been highway. They have a tread wear rating of 250. I'll be lucky to make it past the 20,000 mile mark without buying new ones. Had to upgrade to the Grand Touring trim at the last moment to get the side airbags.

my blue zoom zoom!
By ariesgirl on 04/01/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I missed driving a stick. So, I went out lookin for one,and I got the pick of the litter, and at the right price too! I just LOVE my new,low mileage, metallic blue zoom-zoom. It ROCKS!!!!!

Mazda 3 is a great car
By Aidan Doherty on 04/01/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Handles and performs much better than my last car, a Civic, and has much nicer interior styling also. A great value for the price.

A real driver's car
By DaGreatChaz on 03/07/09 04:14 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, you won't find a better driving hatchback out there (minus the Mazdaspeed3, GTI, STI, etc. of course). Typical Mazda steering, powerful brakes, and fantastic grip. If the aforementioned are more important to you than mpg, the Maz3 is definitely worth a look. Fuel economy is ok, but certainly not great for a compact, as has been said by many others. Driving from CA to NY (all interstate with speeds around 75-80), I averaged around 30 mpg. A typical tank with mixed city and hwy driving will yield 22-26 mpg. For those who cannot see their gauges in daylight, you need to push that little button on the instrument cluster to alternate your dash lighting - there are two modes

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.