2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Gas Mileage Solved w/ Other Thoughts
By john on 03/08/10 10:22 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving this car now for about six months. For the money, it cannot be beat - just straight up amazing value. The high end appointments (bose stereo, xenon lighting, heated leather seats, 18" wheels) make this car a head turner. But Ive read reviews about the gas mileage - my thoughts: your two biggest variables are temperature and conditions. If it is cold in the city, I get like 20 mpg, if its warm and on the highway, I get about 35. Huge range on this car. Its engine is a touch undersized, so anything over 70mph on the highway drops your mileage considerably. I got about 34mpg on a roadtrip to NYC this weekend - just cruise at about 68mph.

2007 Mazda 3s
By DonC on 02/19/10 07:05 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for almost 3 years/33,000 miles without a single problem. Fun to drive/handles great. Love the 5 speed manual transmission. I'm tall (6-04, 210lbs and I find the front seats to be uncomfortable on long drives. My 5-04 wife and daughters love the seats. If I drive it easy on the hwy we get at best 30 mpg. I think a car of this size should do better although it does have the 2.3 engine.

Headlight Problems
By Brittany on 01/22/10 05:56 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car for three years this Feb. and so far, I'm content. However, I've had to replace my front headlights, two times each, and my tail light once; within a year! I'm really annoyed because the dealership charges $36 for the bulb and $40 for labor! Then they said bulbs only last a year's time. I'm not so happy with this. Plus, I've had instances where the driver's window wouldn't go up when I tried the first time. The second go around, it worked, but it becomes temperamental.

Excellent car but not for winter
By Happy Mazda Owner on 01/18/10 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've been very pleased with my 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan. We had a lot of difficulty finding a car with decent MPG that my 6'4" boyfriend could fit in. This car has been a joy to own and over the last 2 years I've only had to replace the battery and do regular maintenance. She has been very reliable and I would change very little about her. I live in Montana and would not suggest this car for winter conditions if you drive much. We manage to get by using our second car for the worst days. Being 2 wheel drive, low to the ground and light in weight is not a combination conclusive to safe winter driving.

a better compact car
By good car on 12/22/09 18:43 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Well my wife decided on the mazda 3. I believe it suits a female pretty good, although I've been driving the heck out of it lately(6'2 220lbs). It surely beats my jeep's(11-13MPG) getting on average 29-31 MPG. Its peppy with plenty of commuting power, not a race car though. Very comfortable and very stylish inside. Overall its a very good car to own and drive. Although I've been leaning towards the hybrids-45-50MPG. I'm commuting on average 200 miles a day with the mazda 3...OUCH!!! I strongly believe this car gets above average MPG for a car this size and non-hybrid.

Best Bang For Your Buck!
By Jaimie on 10/30/09 10:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new - 100miles of test driving. I fell in love with it the second I saw it and knew this car belonged to me the first time I drove it. It was a step down from the top line model, and it has been a great car. I keep up to date with the maintenance and it is pretty decent with gas averaging around 28-30mpg. It is always peppy and handles great. Not to add, the thing is a tank and really well built. I hit a truck drive shaft on the highway at 70mph and had no undercarriage damage - only a popped tire. Overall, the car has been great. I just hit 60k and thus far he's still trucking along. For a small car it definitely holds up. I am for sure a Mazda customer.

nice car overall
By daphkn on 10/26/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle now just short of 3 years and it has 27k miles. Overall it is a fine car. Peppy,responsive, and fun to drive. My wife wanted the automatic so that is what we got. The manumatic is a bit lame when it comes to shifting but it still provides some fun factor. Mileage has been pretty good, right around the ratings. All in all it meets my expectations. The negatives that have come to light are the following. The oem tires are awful for wear and handling on wet pavement. These will need to be replaced soon at $550 to $800 for the lot. I was disappointed to read in the manual that snow chains could not be used on models with alloy wheels. Vehicle is not good in snow.

I have a Mazdaspeed3 and a 3 Sedan
By UHATEIT on 10/06/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I personally own a Mazdaspeed3 hatchback and my wife enjoyed the sedan enough to want to get a sedan so we bought one. The interior on both is very nice and almost identical. My wife loves the look of this car and it is a very sport car with nice interior and looks on the outside. I had to add a rear wing to make it look sportier and upgraded my wife's interior lighting to LED's and upgraded her headlights to HID as well as upgraded the rims to 18-inch. The stock 16s are really ugly and too narrow so the fenders stuck out like crazy, adding wider and larger rims made a difference. Also the rearend is too high up so we had to install rear springs to drop the back down a bit to even it out.

Best car for the money by far
By KCD on 08/18/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car as a commuter: 90 miles round trip up the canyons. Power is great and gas mileage is amazing. We average 35mpg climbing 2500 feet to get back home. We looked at the Corolla and the civic and there was no comparison. We went with the Mazda because of reliability, power, and gas mileage. It is also a much better looking car. This is our second Mazda, we still own the first: a 1990 Miata with 100K miles on it.

5 door fun
By Gee on 07/30/09 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The 3 5-door Gran Touring is a solid, well put together vehicle that is fun to drive. As a suburban commuter, i get 23 MPH. The original Goodyear RSA tires were bad, only got 18,000 miles out of them, and they were terrible in bad weather. Put on slightly wider yokahama's that are terrific. This car is heavy, and a bit of a pig off the line, but at speed is handles well, accelerates well, and is comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.