Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Enjoying my Mazda 3 GT!
By Mark

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 4 months now and continue to be impressed. After coming out of a BMW I wanted something "fun" to drive with good handling and the 3 has delivered. The GT comes with a long list of features in a car of this price range. The 5 door hatch has proven to be very versatile yet with the seats up can carry 4 adults in comfort. I wish my wife knew how to drive a stick as it would be even more fun with the manual tranny. At times the automatic hesitates a little between gears and can be somewhat difficult to drive smoothly. Also, on days over 90 degrees the A/C can seem a little weak unless you put on recirculate. I've already taken it on a 1500 mile trip - comfortable road car!

Favorite Features

Long list of standard features on GT, heated seats, auto wipers, hatchback versatility.

Suggested Improvements

On GT only interior option is black leather, need some other colors. Exterior color choices are limited. Need remote for hatch release on keyfob. A/C could be stronger; reprogram auto trans for smoother shifting between gears.

So nice
By Skoobaed

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first new car I've owned and by far the best. Everyone I know likes it and Mazda's definitely still reigning at top of the economy cars(if you wanna classify it as such). It drives like a sports car and the interior is so nice. The gauges at night are one of the coolest looking I've ever seen glowing a cool blue while other features are glowing in red. If you were an older person you might think that the interior is too hip, but being a 19 year old guy I enjoy staring at it.

Favorite Features

Sport shift. People think it's a novelty, and it is, but I feel like I'm playing a video game. The low beams shine very wide and bright. Compared to my old car the high beams blind me. Of course, gotta love the hatchback.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is a bit lame with the 2.3L. Xenons stock :). Not a whole lot, I'm definitely extremely pleased with the car.

I am a new "Zoom-Zoom" Disciple
By KRemsen

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After driving a 2001 Toyota Corolla for 6 years, all I can say is wow!! What a difference. The car came with everything I wanted and more. The acceleration and braking are fantasic for any car, let alone a compact. The engine is refined and never loses its punch, and the sport shift automatic tranny is a blast. The ride is much stiffer than my old Corolla, but it's not harsh. It has all the airbags standard. The handling is top notch and all the safety nanny stuff can be shut off so you can explore the car's potential. Left with the car 3 hours after the test drive. The styling inside and out is unexpectedly refined and sporty for a car in this class.

Favorite Features

The sport shift mode the the automatic is what set this car apart from everything else. Shift for yourself when you want and put is back in drive when you're feeling lazy. The moonroof is another welcome feature for an economy car.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked to have seen a rear center headrest. However, this is a minor gripe from an otherwise absolutely stunning car.

Great car
By Debi Hilton

2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have just purchased this fantastic vehicle. I love to drive and I didn't think I'd ever trade in my 02 Jetta 1.8t. Who would ever think I would ever get rid of it, just because of the way it handled. But needless to say the Mazda3 surpasses the Jetta. Keep up the good work. One thing I would like it to have would be heated mirrors, and power front seats. I have the grand touring sedan.

Favorite Features

Nav, 5 spd man trans, head lights and tail lights style.

Suggested Improvements

Heated mirors, power seats.

Mazda3
By Joe

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is a driver oriented compact car, I've had a lot of fun driving it these 9 months but it sacrifices some comfort for handling. Exterior and interior styling is the best in the segment, it's a very sharp looking little car. The fuel economy needs to be worked on though, I'm only getting 20 MPG in the city, very disappointing. Also, there is a lot more hard plastic than the Civic, but it is put together very well. Even though the Civic has some advantages over the Mazda, I would still pick the 3.

Favorite Features

Styling, easy to read gauges, handling, powerful engine for a compact, audio controls on steering wheel, high build quality, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Higher fuel economy, more rear headroom, higher quality interior materials, trunk release on key fob.