Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Awesome car!
By MTS

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I explored many others before choosing the 3 so I knew I'd like it, and it was a perfect choice. You can't beat all the standard features in this car that you wouldn't get in others. Steering cntrls/telescp, ABS/DSTC, full airbags, and very fun to drive. Tight handling! Took it on a small road trip right away and got 43 mpg hwy! One time only, I doublechecked, but city/mixed is only OK. It's my first manual and has the easiest clutch to learn on. I drove it home only having had 2 short lessons years ago driving an old manual Civic. The hatch adds much versatility, and everything about this car is designed to look sweet inside and out. Cntr stack intrudes on right leg, but not bad.

Favorite Features

Lighting affects on the gauges and cntr console; standard features you'd definitely pay for otherwise; moonroof/6CD package is great; easy clutch! Looks are top quality. I like pretty much everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

Only small details. The hooks by the O'Cheesus handles are too small for carrying a suit(>1hanger); Small compt. left of the steering column is too shallow-things inside fall out from accel.; don't need the ashtray- you can take it out for handy storage; mediocre city mpg compared to rating.

All around great car
By Eury

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

My wife got one of these as a loaner when her 06 Jetta TDI died, after driving it for a week, I loved it so much I went out and bought one for myself. It has excellent space, I'm 6' tall, and can sit in the backseat after I've adjusted the front to where I'm comfortable. The hatch is a wonder of engineering how it can be reconfigured with all the compartments, and it is big enough for everything I can throw at it. I love the seat fabric, it's comfortable, tough and cleans up well, and best of all, this car is FUN to drive! It handles great, and the ride is sporty without beating me up. Honestly, I love it more every time I get in it.

Favorite Features

Space, great styling, great handling. It already comes with the good stuff, 17" wheels, 50 series tires, good sounding stereo with MP3 input, steering wheel audio controls, comfy seats. Plus, it's got good power and is great fun to drive in addition to being practical.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better. I'm averaging 27-28 mpg; a car this size should really be in the 30s. Parts could be cheaper as well, a rock hit my foglight on the way home from the dealer breaking it, replacement light is $250!

On my 2nd Mazda3
By JJ

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

My first car ('05 3 s) was a lemon but I liked everything except its reliability so I'm trying again (with extended warranty). I got a White Pearl GT 5door and so far so good. 5spd auto seems to get better mileage than my old 4spd so that's a plus. Handles very well, frictionless steering and the ride is nice and firm. There is some body roll because of the high weight but it's nicely controlled. I love the heavy feel of the car and the dynamic driving experience. Also, the looks of the car still draw lots of compliments. The '07 model seems to have fixed the problems w/my '05- weak a/c, rear brake dust, harsh shifting auto transmission. I'm relieved and can now enjoy the ride!!

Favorite Features

GT spec features: Xenon HIDs, trip cpu, heated seats, auto lights/wipers, LED rear lights & climate control. Also like the backlit gauges and steering wheel audio controls. Styling is spot on and it rides low on it's tires unlike the competition. 2.3L is refined all the way to redline.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is still high. Higher gas mileage. Brake pedal has 1" of dead travel and is too soft overall. Inconsistent power delivery from day to day. Feels downright lethargic at certain times. Questionable reliability. Needs another interior color in GT form. Ugly new 17" wheels.

Zoom-Zoom
By jmcmillen3

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Aurora Blue Mazda3 5 door for 6 months and love it more with each passing month. The design and handling are the standout features. The interior is one of the best I've ever seen. The hatchback utility makes for a great alternative to SUVs. I nearly bought a Honda Civic Si sedan but the Mazda3 had more overall features that I liked and could live with on a daily basis.

Favorite Features

The handling. It's not fast in a straight line but on a twisty road, it's a blast because you can maintain a higher speed than a lot of other cars.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a regular oil filter instead of the drop-in cartridge 2-step oil filter process it has.

It Just Screams: "Drive Me!"
By Zante64

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Kinda stumbled onto this vehicle by accident. We were set to replace our 97 Jetta with a new one but we were not happy with changes VW made. Next looked at the Rabbit, but reviews kept mentioning the Mazda3. We figured it couldn't hurt to at least look at the Mazda3. Wow! We were instantly impressed with it! It's an amazingly fun and agile car. Every aspect of this car feels solid. No rattles or squeaks. The doors feel solid, the controls and gauges are easy to read/use. Initial mpg was a bit low, but with over 2500 miles now, we're getting better mpg each tankful. Lots of room in trunk area, good driving position and visibility.

Favorite Features

Car has enough power to justify the aggressive. Some of the best seats I've ever been in. Handling is sure-footed with no lean or complaints. Happily goes where you want! The brakes could stop a truck! Huge glove comp! Proves that a reasonably priced car can be practical to own AND fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if they added daytime driving lights. Wouldn't mind seeing non-metallic black ext. paint option.