2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Bang for the buck
By Terry on 12/21/06 18:25 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Mazda3 Grand Touring wagon less than two weeks ago. I traded in a full sized 2004 Ford truck, and could not be happier! The truck was loaded out, so I decided to get this car the same way, only left out the navigation. What a fun car to drive! All the comforts you you would need, or want in a car. It handles great, runs fantastic, and has decent fuel mileage as well. The first tank average for me was 26 on the nose. It did show to get as much as 33 per gal on straight hwy use. I think Mazda has a definite "Bang for the Buck" in the car.,.style, comfort, and performance in a nice little package. I was able to get all this for under $22k. Not bad!

Whole lotta fun for under $20k
By Crazy Yoda on 12/13/06 07:48 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We were looking for a fun to drive small sedan for under the $20k mark. This was going to be used mainly by my wife and her requirements were to have a 5 speed manual, leather seats, decent handling and four doors. The 2.3L Grand touring fit the bill perfectly. We also looked at the new Rabbit but it had no real "fun factor". The Mazda 3 handles fantastic and the high revving engine makes the car feel faster than the speedometer is indicating. Curves and turns in the "3" are very tight and the car feels more like a BMW 3 series than a $20k sedan. In my opinion you will not find a better sedan with sporty characteristics than the Mazda 3.

Zoom Zoom's Little Ripper
By Shannon on 11/29/06 18:25 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazada3 and have enjoyed the comfort and fun style of this little car. I get compliments on it, people refer to it like a little BMW. The fuel economy is great-I have driven over 260 miles on a 1/2 tank of gas, and average 100 miles every 1/4th tank in the city. The car has very little noise and is a smooth ride. The braking system is great once you begin to wear them in. Very safe car with 6 air bags and security system. Trunk is very roomy for the size of the car. I was able to fit two of my guy friends, one at 6'4 and the other at 6'2, on the passenger side of the car and they both had good leg room. The moon roof and 5 changer package is worth the money. Awesome car!

'Zoom, zoom' is not just a slogan
By mikedugas77 on 11/28/06 04:26 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, the driving performance is amazing. I loved my old cars ('86 Mazda RX-7 and '99 Subaru Impreza Outback wagon), but I really, really love my Mazda 3. I get at least 35 mpg highway. The clutch is so smooth. The steering and handling is that of a fine tuned luxury car. The acceleration, especially at higher speeds, is very impressive for a 2.0L. Many neat interior design features. If you love driving, but want something economical, look no further. If you want a small luxury car, get it fully loaded and enjoy.

Easily the best sedan under $20k
By TG on 11/16/06 18:20 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Drove a Mazda3 two years ago and my wife and I were blown away at the performance for the money. Our 14 year old Protege finally died and we considered the Rabbit and Mercury Milan. Drove the 3 again, and were struck again at the strong handling, decent torque, nice design, and safety features. This thing really handles well for an inexpensive front wheel drive car. If you don't want to spend the money for a 3 series, G Sedan, or even a Jetta GLI, the 3 provides a great fix. We took the sunroof package and the striking Phantom Blue color--which looks nothing like the web photo. Hopefully it will age well, because we're keepin' this baby!

Nice car to drive!
By Miguel on 11/13/06 19:09 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had to trade in my 06 Civic SI to lower my monthly payments, so I bought the Mazda 3 2007 and I like it a lot. Of course there is no comparison between those two, but the Mazda3 is nice and comfortable, trunk space is good, has great stability and good power.

Great fun car for the money
By CK on 11/07/06 23:21 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bam! Mazda has kicked it up a few notches in the compact car segment. The car is everything I expected and more. After taking it for a test drive, I knew I had made a right choice in purchasing the 3. The list of features in the fully loaded GT is something you would normally find in cars retailing for more than $30K. I got mine in true red and it looks great. The engine is quick for a car in this class. Not the old 4 bangers of the past. Overall just a fun car to drive.

The Best of All Worlds
By B Man on 11/07/06 18:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I'm going to be honest and tell you I had to replace the fuel pump two days after buying this car. I'm calling it a fluke. Aside from that, this car rocks. I've been researching this one since it first came out, and now that I have it, it's everything I could want in a car. It came down to this or the Honda Accord, but this car has so much more passion. I know it's an economy car, but seriously, this is the closest thing to a BMW 3 series that I've driven this side of 25 grand. It's really that good. The engine is super smooth and powerful. The suspension is perfect, and the layout and design of the car is spot on. Buy this car. It's even better than you're hoping it will be.

Poor Man's BMW
By Wildcat on 10/29/06 20:15 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive! This car corners like it's on rails. Hugs the road with little to no body lean. Compared this with Honda, Toyota, and American counterparts and this one was the most fun to drive with great build quality. Lives up to the "zoom zoom" motto. Drives like a car in a higher class. After 1k miles, 22.3 MPG (80% city driving), but I'm a lead foot anyway. This trim comes with great safety features (ABS, side airbags, dynamic stability control). The ride may be too stiff for some. For the money, skip the factory navigation. If you're considering a car in this class, give this one a test drive; you'll be glad you did.

2007 Mazda 3i Touring ROCKS!
By 2007 Mazda i Touring on 10/27/06 02:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I researched for 3 months which car would be the best value for my budget and I am so glad I did. The Mazda 3i Touring is everything I expected in regards to value, what I didn't anticipate was how much fun it would be! I commute 98 miles round trip to work and you would think that driving would be the last thing that I would want to do for entertainment--HOWEVER-- this car changed all that for me. I have rediscovered my joy of driving and my family fights me for the keys. I am getting on average around 500 miles per tank of gas which makes driving for fun even more inviting, not to mention the surprising power--this thing drives like a sports car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.