2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Pros and Cons
By Tin on 01/12/07 13:08 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Mazda 3 about 3 months ago and I will give you guys a full feedback. 2 months later, I got rear-ended on I95 at 70 mph by a SUV and I'm ok. The trunk is crushed and rear window is shattered. Overall, this showed me that the car is extremely safe. I must say that out of most sedans out there, this is probably the safest car out there. The airbag DID NOT pop, so not sure if that's a good thing? PROS - Got the car for $24k with Nav + 6 cds + moonroof. Takes 87 octane gas (yay!). 18" rim a plus. Spacious trunk. CONS - Fairly noisy engine. Expect a bumpy ride - cheap suspension. I know it's the Mazda3 (not 6) - don't expect a lot of backseat room.

2007 Mazda3 = a must buy
By shivy on 01/04/07 15:16 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This has been the best car I've ever owned. The drive is amazing and every time I step into my Mazda3 it feels like a new fun filled adventure awaits. I have the Mazda3 s sport (black w/ black interior and spoiler) and love its style and look. (get many compliments from friends and strangers). The ride is extremely smooth and it has great acceleration and speed. I would recommend getting a radar detector to alert you and remind you to look at the speedometer because it's easy to lose track of your speed. ZOOM ZOOM!

Zoom zoom indeed
By Ev on 01/04/07 09:29 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We were ready to buy a dowdy subcompact before driving the Mazda3. After the drive, there was no question. This car is a well styled road rocket and instantly changed our top priority from mpg to fun. After a couple fill-ups I'm averaging a respectable 28 mpg, a bit less than I'd been in the market for, but enough to stay true to the spirit of an affordable, reliable, low total-cost-of-ownership purchase. It's more than large enough for everyday driving for our family of 4. And, again, the performance is just awesome -- quick, nimble, and amazingly grippy. Bottom line: try it, you'll like it.

It's Great
By Nerraw3 on 01/03/07 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have not had my 3 for that long, but I have not found anything to complain about. It's an upgrade from what I had before. The steering and braking are tight. I previously had an 03' Protege so it has similar handling, but the ride is firmer and smoother. It has more power, but I could still use a little more. Living in a big city you need to be able to accelerate fast when traffic pushes you to, and 0-60 in 9 seconds is a little under par for what I expected. All the interior amenities are nice, must of which I had in the Protege, but way more stylish. Also the four wheel ABS brakes, and side impact airbags are a nice comfort.

Mazda3
By James on 01/03/07 12:05 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only had this car for around two weeks, but so far it's a blast to drive. A lot of oomph in the first three gears, but looses some of it in 4th and 5th, but you don't really need it then. Handles great, fairly smooth ride, even for Michigan roads. The mileage seems to be pretty good, though I've only checked it once (only filled up once). I got around 30mpg with a mix of freeway, highway, and a little city. All in all a great car.

Best compact car available.
By Ed1032 on 01/02/07 16:54 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Mazda3. I've looked at every compact car under $20K, and the 3 is the best for the money. It has the best performance numbers, features and driving ability. Not to mention the build quality-It's a hair below entry-level German cars, so about the same as a good Volkswagen. From the '06 model, the best improvements are traction control and the auxiliary input jack. Otherwise the car is pretty much the same, and that's a good thing. I have a few minor quibbles: The dash is plain without sat-nav and is prone to attracting dust very quickly and the pedal placement is a bit off (brake and gas too close together). But don't worry, the car can take corners like a true sports car.

Sporty looking and fun to drive
By M on 12/30/06 15:22 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been wanting a Mazda3 since they first came out and finally bought a 2007. All I have to say is this car is everything that I thought it would be. The exterior is very sporty, the engine is fantastic (definitely has the Zoom Zoom thing going for it), and the interior is very sleek. Those that are looking for a fun, sporty, car to drive should definitely look into the Mazda3.

2007 Mazda3
By Bret on 12/27/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have never had a backache in my life till I bought this car. Now I have a brand new car and I am hobbled over with back pain. What a joy that has been! The car handles well, and it is designed nicely, and really looks nice from the outside, but I just can't get comfortable in the seat. The MP3 Player jack has a slight hum when I connect it to my satellite radio and that stinks, plus the interior black paneling on the doors gets random black marks all over the place. Sometimes the brakes squeak. Not to mention Its been in for service at least once now in the three months I have owned it. The dealership was very nice and friendly, but I hate the car.

Fun car
By Lori on 12/27/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After having a very disappointing experience with my previous cars performance and reliability (2001 VW New Beetle) I am very pleased with how my Mazda3 drives and the quality of the vehicle. It just seems to be built better better than the VW. It's a fun car to drive and I get a lot of compliments on it.

Great Car
By Siddharth on 12/21/06 23:26 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned the 2007 Mazda3 S Touring for 3 months and am extremely satisfied with my decision. First the 2.3L engine gives great power without any noise. The car is very smooth to ride and handle. The 17" alloy wheels that come with S Touring provide an added coolness to the car. The interiors are extremely good and can rival that of any luxury car. The fuel efficiency is also good for a 2.3L engine. This is a great car if you are looking for an alternative for Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla. Looks better than its competitors, is more powerful and provides nearly the same fuel efficiency.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.