Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Mazda 3 Wagon horrible in Snow
By JKromberg

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 2001 Celica with a 2007 Mazda 3 wagon. Based on the first snow of the season, the Mazda 3 is the absolute WORST performing car I have ever driven. I got stuck in 2 inches of snow in the dip at the intersection! I can not make it up a mild hill that everyone else was flying up. My old Celica drove like a tank compared to this. I hope the problem is only horrible tires from the factory. If not, anybody want to by a used Mazda 3 Wagon? I should also mention that during the summer, the air condition could not keep up. It was 100 outside and 90 inside. The dealer said it was working fine. The car does have the utility inside that I was looking for in terms of a wagon.

Utility of a wagon. Good mileage (not to what was promised but it never is),

Decent tires for the climate where it is sold. Better air conditioner. Front seat that folds down forward like the Matrix/Vibe.

Best car for the money on the market now
By CB

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since buying this car early this year I have had an excellent experience. The fuel milage has been consistantly fantastic and the handling is awesome! I'm so impressed with this vehicle that I'm going to be purchasing another one in a month. Even with all the economic advantages of this car it still has a high performance ability for the road {ZOOM-ZOOM}.

Great Car for the money
By greg cain

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive even after owning it for 6 months. It has almost all the features you would expect in a luxury car and has the performance to go a long with it's good looks. The gas milage isn't what is advertised but then again none of the cars are. However, the transmition and engine work in harmony and I would sacrifice a little milage for the overall performance.

Heated seats, mileage indicator, stereo and rain sensing wipers.

My only real complaint is the Goodyear Eagle RS Tires. Very nice looking but only good on dry roads and I understand they don't last very long.

Fun & Sporty = 3 (zoom-zoom)
By JJ

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After thinking long and hard about many different vehicles, I decided to go with the 3. I could not be happier with my decision. This car is sporty for a 4-banger, and with the manual tranny, it's fun-fun-fun. I honestly wish I would have gone with the SPEED version though (I didn't because I really need the sunroof).

I love the responsive motor. Acceleration is a blast in 2nd and 3rd gear up to 5K RPM. Excellent ride and adequate suspension from the factory. Interior and Exterior design is excellent IMO. I had to have the sunroof. I actually prefer the black cloth seats of the 07 vs the leather. Car is a blast!

There is some wind noise. The manual tranny is notchy at times. It can be hard to find a gear, but I'm being picky. I honestly feel the transmission is fine. I honestly feel Mazda really gave some thought to interior design. I'm only 6 months / 5K miles in and so far, I have been very pleased.

Zoomarific
By Geist

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, good value, and excellent handling.

Performance and handling.