Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Best Car I've Owned so far
By Guru666

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the i sport base model, 5 speed (I don't buy automatics) with no power options. Handling and cornering is excellent, and the engine and transmission are smooth. Passing is no problem as long as you know how to drive. I have been very happy with this car thus far. It's a very affordable car that I actually take pride in. I wouldn't even consider a civic or corolla after buying this car. I drove the base model Mazda6 and would take the Mazda3 any day. I did put after market 17 inch rims on the car. With steel 15 inch steel rims I averaged 33 MPG mixed driving, with the larger wheels I average 28 MPG. This car is very reliable and I look forward to driving it every chance I can.

Overall value, handling, styling, gas mileage, reliability, and fun to drive.

Make power door locks standard. Make keyless entry standard. Make 16 inch alloys standard. More torque would be nice. Even my old 00 Chevy Z-24 with same horsepower and 30 lbs more torque was better off the line.

Everything I bought it for
By mudshark

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has done everything I expected very well. Mileage at 28mpg. Good performance with 5 spd. Fun to drive. Got rid of a Mini to get this and am much happier. I would have gotten the Speed 3, but need the mileage as I drive long distance to work. I am 6 ft. and 300# and car is roomy enough for me. I highly recommend the Mazda 3.

Roomy, good performance.

Low tire monitor acts goofy and is kind of useless. Get rid of it.

A happy "shotgun" marriage - so far!
By Russell

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Became acquainted with the M3 as a rental car while an SUV we'd recently purchased was in the shop for some fit/finish issues. Liked how it drove and handled. BUT - our other car (Honda Civic Hybrid) was beginning to have serious premature trouble. Had to find something, fast. Looked at the Corolla and Civic, but we also test drove another Mazda3. Wasn't disappointed .... drove off the lot with it.

It feels very solid, typical Japanese design and build. "Zoom-zoom" truly is more than just a slogan with this car. After driving it 3-1/2 months and 7,000 miles, still getting used to the peppy engine - BIG change from the lethargic hybrid (trade out for great MPG: 0-60 in two days!).

MPG is VERY disappointing. I average 26-28 in mixed driving. I'd think a car like the Mazda3 might be 30-32. I'm rather conservative w/my driving habits - I can get 24-25 MPG mixed out of our 4cyl '08 Ford Escape SUV, but I've gotten as little as 26.5 MPG out of the Mazda3. Improve the mileage!

Sweet, Sweet Ride
By Alphaboy

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know what else to say about the mazda3 Touring sedan except it is a sweet, sweet ride. An absolute pleasure to drive. Lots of power, a pleasant little growl from the exhaust and it loves to go. Unbelievably responsive and grippy handling... just give me those twisty back roads! It's got a sexy, comfortable interior with easy to use controls and a great stereo. Firm seats that are great on longer drives. Absolutely fabulous on a summer afternoon with the sun roof open and people staring as I drive by in this sexy little car, with its copper red exterior sparkling in the sun! My only quibbles are less than great fuel economy and rear view when backing up. No biggie.

Zoom zoom. This car absolutely begs to be driven. The driver's position is like being in the cockpit of a fighter. What more can I say... this is a driver's car. Easily as good as cars thousands of bucks more expensive.

None really... it's amazing that they can squeeze this much car out of what is essentially an entry level vehicle.

I Love My Car
By Lauren T

2007 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Mazda almost a week ago and I absolutely love it! The interior design is extremely sport and like no other sedan that I have seen, which caused me to pick the Mazda 3 over the Mazda 6. I have been searching for a new truck for the past few months. Then I opened my search to cars and fell in love with the Mazda 3. I viewed it for the first time on a Monday and purchased that Thursday. Driving it is so much fun! My husband drives an Infiniti G35 Coupe and I wanted a car that can keep up with his. I'm not sure if it can, but he is not complaining, LOL. I was a little disappointed on the gas mileage on a long trip, however, this week is looking pretty good.

I love the illuminated dash and how comfortable the inside is. The power of the engine makes it great and fun to drive for me and my husband.

I don't like the aux plug in the center console.

• SUV