2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: 22,000 Miles - Still Glad I B

2007 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

i Touring Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

22,000 Miles - Still Glad I Bought It
By Compared it 2 others on

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it in Feb 2007. It's a great car - and I would recommend it. A big issue with me is I wanted to get the car in light blue, but interior was an ugly beige, so got it in gray with black interior. I can't do beige upholstery - I hate it. Got the car with the ABS & side airbags as well, which was optional equipment at the time. Also, I really wanted the 5 door, even though the back end of the 5 door is kinda frumpy, but 5 door only comes in the S Model. The car handles well, the stick is real fun to drive, and has good acceleration. I think I am getting about 27-28 MPG. I like the fabric used on the upholstery, but the carpeting seems cheap. The car has a good solid feel to it.

Favorite Features

Car handles well - although road noise on highway is loud. Stick shift is smooth and shifts great, good braking, radio and rest of controls are well-designed and have good lighting at night. Downside to the dash is the plastic used in the center console below the radio looks kinda cheap.

Suggested Improvements

Beige interior is not for a sporty car - stick with black or gray. Use same grill on the S on the I - the black honeycomb material in the I model grill is cheap looking. Keyfob - include button to open trunk. Add reserve power after ignition is off to close power windows. Sell 5 door in 2.0 I trim.