2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Body Integrity is poor
By DKM on 04/16/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Mazda for 3 years. In three years, side molding had come off on its own and damaged the doors. I only have 18000 miles on it. Build quality is extremely poor. Mazda says it is not covered under warranty.

Fun Car
By Jeff on 04/10/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Great little car. Drives like a sports car despite being FWD. Overall quality is excellent. Not much rear seat leg room and MPG with the 2.3 L engine is so-so, but overall, this car is a very good buy.

Slides around in snow really bad
By Deb on 04/04/10 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

If you are considering buying a used '07, this car is great, until there is snow on the road. It isn't anywhere close to being safe in the winter. The tires are too low. I'd have to change the wheels to get an all weather tire on it and with those big brakes, I'm not even sure it could be done. If you live where it doesn't snow, the car is great, buy it. If you live where it snows, don't even consider it. If I didn't also have a 4- wheel drive pick-up to drive, I would have sold this car the first winter I had it.

Gas Mileage Solved w/ Other Thoughts
By john on 03/08/10 10:22 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving this car now for about six months. For the money, it cannot be beat - just straight up amazing value. The high end appointments (bose stereo, xenon lighting, heated leather seats, 18" wheels) make this car a head turner. But Ive read reviews about the gas mileage - my thoughts: your two biggest variables are temperature and conditions. If it is cold in the city, I get like 20 mpg, if its warm and on the highway, I get about 35. Huge range on this car. Its engine is a touch undersized, so anything over 70mph on the highway drops your mileage considerably. I got about 34mpg on a roadtrip to NYC this weekend - just cruise at about 68mph.

nice car overall
By daphkn on 10/26/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle now just short of 3 years and it has 27k miles. Overall it is a fine car. Peppy,responsive, and fun to drive. My wife wanted the automatic so that is what we got. The manumatic is a bit lame when it comes to shifting but it still provides some fun factor. Mileage has been pretty good, right around the ratings. All in all it meets my expectations. The negatives that have come to light are the following. The oem tires are awful for wear and handling on wet pavement. These will need to be replaced soon at $550 to $800 for the lot. I was disappointed to read in the manual that snow chains could not be used on models with alloy wheels. Vehicle is not good in snow.

5 door fun
By Gee on 07/30/09 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The 3 5-door Gran Touring is a solid, well put together vehicle that is fun to drive. As a suburban commuter, i get 23 MPH. The original Goodyear RSA tires were bad, only got 18,000 miles out of them, and they were terrible in bad weather. Put on slightly wider yokahama's that are terrific. This car is heavy, and a bit of a pig off the line, but at speed is handles well, accelerates well, and is comfortable.

Awesome!!
By stephen on 05/31/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my mazda3. It looks great, gets good gas mileage, handles great, and has great features. Mine has heated seats, gps, leather throughout, mp3 hookup, and love the look of the hatchback. I have the slapshift and it gets up a lot quicker when using the stick. I recommend this car to anyone!

It is almost perfect BUT....
By Liam on 05/14/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, but would strongly recommend you get the manual transmission if you are after max fun. The automatic shift function is a joke. Off of the highway the 2.0L engine is almost just as fun and much better on gas, plus you can avoid those terrible 17" tires. 33K so far and nothing except basic maintainace and having to buy snow tires on steel rims and new street tires on the 17" rims.

Gas Pig
By Russ on 04/02/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, it's a great car. No mechanical issues at 16,700 miles. It's got great pick-up and looks great. I get 27 mpg on the highway at 65-70 and I think that bites. I can get 37 out of my Focus. If I drive at 45 mph down the highway I can get to the 34 mpg range. The 17" Goodyear Eagle P** tires are about worn out. I'm really disappointed with them. Almost all my driving has been highway. They have a tread wear rating of 250. I'll be lucky to make it past the 20,000 mile mark without buying new ones. Had to upgrade to the Grand Touring trim at the last moment to get the side airbags.

my blue zoom zoom!
By ariesgirl on 04/01/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I missed driving a stick. So, I went out lookin for one,and I got the pick of the litter, and at the right price too! I just LOVE my new,low mileage, metallic blue zoom-zoom. It ROCKS!!!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.