Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Best compact car available.
By Ed1032 on 01/02/07 16:54 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Mazda3. I've looked at every compact car under $20K, and the 3 is the best for the money. It has the best performance numbers, features and driving ability. Not to mention the build quality-It's a hair below entry-level German cars, so about the same as a good Volkswagen. From the '06 model, the best improvements are traction control and the auxiliary input jack. Otherwise the car is pretty much the same, and that's a good thing. I have a few minor quibbles: The dash is plain without sat-nav and is prone to attracting dust very quickly and the pedal placement is a bit off (brake and gas too close together). But don't worry, the car can take corners like a true sports car.

2007 Mazda3
By Bret on 12/27/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have never had a backache in my life till I bought this car. Now I have a brand new car and I am hobbled over with back pain. What a joy that has been! The car handles well, and it is designed nicely, and really looks nice from the outside, but I just can't get comfortable in the seat. The MP3 Player jack has a slight hum when I connect it to my satellite radio and that stinks, plus the interior black paneling on the doors gets random black marks all over the place. Sometimes the brakes squeak. Not to mention Its been in for service at least once now in the three months I have owned it. The dealership was very nice and friendly, but I hate the car.

Fun car
By Lori on 12/27/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After having a very disappointing experience with my previous cars performance and reliability (2001 VW New Beetle) I am very pleased with how my Mazda3 drives and the quality of the vehicle. It just seems to be built better better than the VW. It's a fun car to drive and I get a lot of compliments on it.

Great Car
By Siddharth on 12/21/06 23:26 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned the 2007 Mazda3 S Touring for 3 months and am extremely satisfied with my decision. First the 2.3L engine gives great power without any noise. The car is very smooth to ride and handle. The 17" alloy wheels that come with S Touring provide an added coolness to the car. The interiors are extremely good and can rival that of any luxury car. The fuel efficiency is also good for a 2.3L engine. This is a great car if you are looking for an alternative for Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla. Looks better than its competitors, is more powerful and provides nearly the same fuel efficiency.

Whole lotta fun for under $20k
By Crazy Yoda on 12/13/06 07:48 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We were looking for a fun to drive small sedan for under the $20k mark. This was going to be used mainly by my wife and her requirements were to have a 5 speed manual, leather seats, decent handling and four doors. The 2.3L Grand touring fit the bill perfectly. We also looked at the new Rabbit but it had no real "fun factor". The Mazda 3 handles fantastic and the high revving engine makes the car feel faster than the speedometer is indicating. Curves and turns in the "3" are very tight and the car feels more like a BMW 3 series than a $20k sedan. In my opinion you will not find a better sedan with sporty characteristics than the Mazda 3.

Zoom Zoom's Little Ripper
By Shannon on 11/29/06 18:25 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazada3 and have enjoyed the comfort and fun style of this little car. I get compliments on it, people refer to it like a little BMW. The fuel economy is great-I have driven over 260 miles on a 1/2 tank of gas, and average 100 miles every 1/4th tank in the city. The car has very little noise and is a smooth ride. The braking system is great once you begin to wear them in. Very safe car with 6 air bags and security system. Trunk is very roomy for the size of the car. I was able to fit two of my guy friends, one at 6'4 and the other at 6'2, on the passenger side of the car and they both had good leg room. The moon roof and 5 changer package is worth the money. Awesome car!

'Zoom, zoom' is not just a slogan
By mikedugas77 on 11/28/06 04:26 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, the driving performance is amazing. I loved my old cars ('86 Mazda RX-7 and '99 Subaru Impreza Outback wagon), but I really, really love my Mazda 3. I get at least 35 mpg highway. The clutch is so smooth. The steering and handling is that of a fine tuned luxury car. The acceleration, especially at higher speeds, is very impressive for a 2.0L. Many neat interior design features. If you love driving, but want something economical, look no further. If you want a small luxury car, get it fully loaded and enjoy.

Easily the best sedan under $20k
By TG on 11/16/06 18:20 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Drove a Mazda3 two years ago and my wife and I were blown away at the performance for the money. Our 14 year old Protege finally died and we considered the Rabbit and Mercury Milan. Drove the 3 again, and were struck again at the strong handling, decent torque, nice design, and safety features. This thing really handles well for an inexpensive front wheel drive car. If you don't want to spend the money for a 3 series, G Sedan, or even a Jetta GLI, the 3 provides a great fix. We took the sunroof package and the striking Phantom Blue color--which looks nothing like the web photo. Hopefully it will age well, because we're keepin' this baby!

Nice car to drive!
By Miguel on 11/13/06 19:09 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had to trade in my 06 Civic SI to lower my monthly payments, so I bought the Mazda 3 2007 and I like it a lot. Of course there is no comparison between those two, but the Mazda3 is nice and comfortable, trunk space is good, has great stability and good power.

The Best of All Worlds
By B Man on 11/07/06 18:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I'm going to be honest and tell you I had to replace the fuel pump two days after buying this car. I'm calling it a fluke. Aside from that, this car rocks. I've been researching this one since it first came out, and now that I have it, it's everything I could want in a car. It came down to this or the Honda Accord, but this car has so much more passion. I know it's an economy car, but seriously, this is the closest thing to a BMW 3 series that I've driven this side of 25 grand. It's really that good. The engine is super smooth and powerful. The suspension is perfect, and the layout and design of the car is spot on. Buy this car. It's even better than you're hoping it will be.