2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Mazda 3's Leak oil
By Vic Gallant on 01/20/07 21:59 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Mines a lemon. It has an oil leak that the dealer can't fix. They've tried to repair it three times already. I've owned the car for less than three months. It's been in the shop 20% of the time. Stay away from this car and if you have one check it for oil leaks.

Awesome Car
By Car Driver on 01/17/07 17:43 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is downright fun to drive whether it's long distance or a trip to the grocery store. The 2.3L engine packs enough punch to warrant the zoom- zoom label. Handles great. The exterior is superior to any vehicle in this class. Exchange the Mazda labels for BMW, and people would believe you. Interior styling is beautiful, especially for the price. Aux input jacks prevents burning a million CDs. Nothing against Civic, it's a great car, but everyone has one. They are a dime a dozen. Go for the Mazda3 if you want an athletic and affordable car that stands out on a road crowded with "blah" economy sedans.

sweet!
By CHANCHO on 01/15/07 11:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun car to drive! The engine has great acceleration from about 3500 rpm's to redline. Everything feels really tight and is designed really well.

I love mine!
By Jean on 01/13/07 22:00 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had mine for less than a month but I love it so far. I decided to go for the s Sport version rather than the i version because of the exterior color choices. I really wanted the aurora (bright) blue, which is only available in the s packages. The interior features are amazing, especially the steering wheel controls for the audio system. Air conditioning works great driving around in hot Florida weather. Before my friends were embarrassed to ride in my 1996 Mercury Cougar, but now they all ask me for rides in the 3. On the night the Florida Gators won the national championship, I actually drove 6 people in it (2 in the front, 4 in the back) and nobody complained about being cramped. Wow!

Pros and Cons
By Tin on 01/12/07 13:08 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Mazda 3 about 3 months ago and I will give you guys a full feedback. 2 months later, I got rear-ended on I95 at 70 mph by a SUV and I'm ok. The trunk is crushed and rear window is shattered. Overall, this showed me that the car is extremely safe. I must say that out of most sedans out there, this is probably the safest car out there. The airbag DID NOT pop, so not sure if that's a good thing? PROS - Got the car for $24k with Nav + 6 cds + moonroof. Takes 87 octane gas (yay!). 18" rim a plus. Spacious trunk. CONS - Fairly noisy engine. Expect a bumpy ride - cheap suspension. I know it's the Mazda3 (not 6) - don't expect a lot of backseat room.

2007 Mazda3 = a must buy
By shivy on 01/04/07 15:16 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This has been the best car I've ever owned. The drive is amazing and every time I step into my Mazda3 it feels like a new fun filled adventure awaits. I have the Mazda3 s sport (black w/ black interior and spoiler) and love its style and look. (get many compliments from friends and strangers). The ride is extremely smooth and it has great acceleration and speed. I would recommend getting a radar detector to alert you and remind you to look at the speedometer because it's easy to lose track of your speed. ZOOM ZOOM!

Zoom zoom indeed
By Ev on 01/04/07 09:29 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We were ready to buy a dowdy subcompact before driving the Mazda3. After the drive, there was no question. This car is a well styled road rocket and instantly changed our top priority from mpg to fun. After a couple fill-ups I'm averaging a respectable 28 mpg, a bit less than I'd been in the market for, but enough to stay true to the spirit of an affordable, reliable, low total-cost-of-ownership purchase. It's more than large enough for everyday driving for our family of 4. And, again, the performance is just awesome -- quick, nimble, and amazingly grippy. Bottom line: try it, you'll like it.

It's Great
By Nerraw3 on 01/03/07 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have not had my 3 for that long, but I have not found anything to complain about. It's an upgrade from what I had before. The steering and braking are tight. I previously had an 03' Protege so it has similar handling, but the ride is firmer and smoother. It has more power, but I could still use a little more. Living in a big city you need to be able to accelerate fast when traffic pushes you to, and 0-60 in 9 seconds is a little under par for what I expected. All the interior amenities are nice, must of which I had in the Protege, but way more stylish. Also the four wheel ABS brakes, and side impact airbags are a nice comfort.

Mazda3
By James on 01/03/07 12:05 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only had this car for around two weeks, but so far it's a blast to drive. A lot of oomph in the first three gears, but looses some of it in 4th and 5th, but you don't really need it then. Handles great, fairly smooth ride, even for Michigan roads. The mileage seems to be pretty good, though I've only checked it once (only filled up once). I got around 30mpg with a mix of freeway, highway, and a little city. All in all a great car.

Best compact car available.
By Ed1032 on 01/02/07 16:54 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Mazda3. I've looked at every compact car under $20K, and the 3 is the best for the money. It has the best performance numbers, features and driving ability. Not to mention the build quality-It's a hair below entry-level German cars, so about the same as a good Volkswagen. From the '06 model, the best improvements are traction control and the auxiliary input jack. Otherwise the car is pretty much the same, and that's a good thing. I have a few minor quibbles: The dash is plain without sat-nav and is prone to attracting dust very quickly and the pedal placement is a bit off (brake and gas too close together). But don't worry, the car can take corners like a true sports car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.