Used 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

My Mazda
By Rebecca

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car last feb because of its affordability, fuel economy, and appearance. I feel that the Mazda3 has exceeded all my expectations in comparison to all the other economy vehicles. It's fast and I don't feel like I'm driving a piece of junk.

I really like the tiptronic feature. It's a great alternative to the manual. Best of both worlds. I also like how the middle compartment has aux adapters for my iPod and cell phone and the radio/volume control on the steering wheel.

The red and blue dash lights are kind of tacky. The car is actually very light and swayed a little on the freeway in San Diego. I'm not sure if all smaller cars do this because prior to my mazda I've always driven bigger vehicles.

Good Looks and Great Mileage
By Don

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for several months now. It gets better than advertised fuel mileage if not drivin too hard. I drive 50 miles to work everyday, over a mountain and average 36 to 38 MPG. I have had it on the open road and it gets slightly less, comming in at an average of about 34MPG. I think this is because at 75 MPH it is turning 3500 RPMs.You cant argue with getting around 400 miles on a tank befor the light comes on. I think the manuals could use a 6th gear.

Love the body styling. Looks way more expensive than it is. 2.0 is surprisingly peppy and smooth. Interior fit and finish is better than most in this segment. Though I would use brushed aluminum accents over the faux woodgrain.

6th gear for the manuals or higher final gear. Standard ABS on all models.Automatic headlights would be awesome.

My car
By nan lomeli

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I live in a cold climate area and this car really performs well in the snow. it is easy to manuever and you can practically park this car anywhere!!

The interior is very stylishly designed and you get great features for a low price.

I wish they would give better audio system in the car.

Best Car I've Owned so far
By Guru666

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the i sport base model, 5 speed (I don't buy automatics) with no power options. Handling and cornering is excellent, and the engine and transmission are smooth. Passing is no problem as long as you know how to drive. I have been very happy with this car thus far. It's a very affordable car that I actually take pride in. I wouldn't even consider a civic or corolla after buying this car. I drove the base model Mazda6 and would take the Mazda3 any day. I did put after market 17 inch rims on the car. With steel 15 inch steel rims I averaged 33 MPG mixed driving, with the larger wheels I average 28 MPG. This car is very reliable and I look forward to driving it every chance I can.

Overall value, handling, styling, gas mileage, reliability, and fun to drive.

Make power door locks standard. Make keyless entry standard. Make 16 inch alloys standard. More torque would be nice. Even my old 00 Chevy Z-24 with same horsepower and 30 lbs more torque was better off the line.

A happy "shotgun" marriage - so far!
By Russell

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Became acquainted with the M3 as a rental car while an SUV we'd recently purchased was in the shop for some fit/finish issues. Liked how it drove and handled. BUT - our other car (Honda Civic Hybrid) was beginning to have serious premature trouble. Had to find something, fast. Looked at the Corolla and Civic, but we also test drove another Mazda3. Wasn't disappointed .... drove off the lot with it.

It feels very solid, typical Japanese design and build. "Zoom-zoom" truly is more than just a slogan with this car. After driving it 3-1/2 months and 7,000 miles, still getting used to the peppy engine - BIG change from the lethargic hybrid (trade out for great MPG: 0-60 in two days!).

MPG is VERY disappointing. I average 26-28 in mixed driving. I'd think a car like the Mazda3 might be 30-32. I'm rather conservative w/my driving habits - I can get 24-25 MPG mixed out of our 4cyl '08 Ford Escape SUV, but I've gotten as little as 26.5 MPG out of the Mazda3. Improve the mileage!