Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda Mazda3

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Fantastic first car or commuter
By braydenm

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used, with about 80,000km. I drive cars pretty hard, and put a lot of miles on as I do about 600km a week commuting. This car has served me well, I kept it for 4 years and in that time racked up over 115,000km. Never had a single thing break on me, despite abuse. Most reliable car I've owned. The car is an absolute joy to drive, feels so much better than all its competitors in the same class and looks better too. The 5 door hatch is incredibly practical and with the 2.3i4 its surprisingly peppy. Great car overall, I'd definitely buy another.

Favorite Features

Great power for a 4 cylinder very practical with folding seats and hatch Fun car to drive, makes you smile going around corners. Incredible reliability Mazda dealers are friendly, and inexpensive to maintain Never had to replace anything, but inexpensive parts compared to almost every other foreign brand Interior nicely laid out and class exclusives at the time like rain sensing wipers, and very bright projector headlights. Ridiculous giant glove box, you could literally fit a couple full size laptops in there with room to spare for the hefty owners manual! Did I mention practical???

Suggested Improvements

MPG is good, but for a 4 cylinder small car with low weight could be better. Suspension is with no doubt about it stiff. I enjoy tight suspension in a way because its gives you a better feeling of control, but definitely bumpy. Tires on GT and touring models (205-50-17s) get eaten like crazy, and are quite expensive compared to other sizes. I put 215-50-17s and they seemed to be a tiny bit better in terms of pricing and availability Mazda uses thin metals which dent very easily, and noticeably in parking lots.

I Love my Mazda 3.....
By mwheatley

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought the vehicle, it was a horrible headache, and it was too bad but I received a Lemon. The Motor Blew at 28,000 and I drive it like a grandmother. I think almost every part on the car fell apart or was defective, I would list however the list is way too long, no word of a lie at least 20 different parts in/and out. It was so bad at a certain point I gave up and left some stuff broken ex. vents However I still love my car, it's always a fun drive. I would even buy another. My wife bought the same car except it was hatchback and it has over 300,000 kms and still going strong and other then general maintenance, the only part that we needed to replace was the Altenator.

Favorite Features

Excellent Drive

Suggested Improvements

Trunk Release which they have taken people's advice and the new cars have it.

Still one of the better looking small sedans on the road.
By zramil

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a great compromise between sleepy, although quiet Corolla and entertaining, yet loud and overpriced (for a used car) Civic. Very engaging ride, fairly precise handling, not the quietest ride but not as loud as Civic. Even though car is now 6 years old, it's still a very good looking model. Interior is very well thought out, excellent fit and finish - clean, functional, attractive. This generation is notorious for rust problems, half of 3s I see on the road have rust which decreases resale value. Other than that had no problems with the car. If you are looking for a good quality small sedan mazda 3 is a must see - great balance between performance, quality, value and looks.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, especially dashboard; base sound system, excellent ride and steering.

Suggested Improvements

Mazda HAS to improve sheet metal and paint. This and I believe in some instances next generation mazda 3s are notorious for rust and paint chipping. Better fuel economy which has been addressed w/Skyactiv in newer genereations.

100,000 Miles - Great Car
By cleaver

2007 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've put 100,000 miles on this car. The struts are just now needing to be replaced. Other than that, we have simply changed fluids and replaced tires on this car. The original brake pads are still on it. For a $16,000 car, this was a bargain. It does everything a cheap car should do, plus some. The suspension is well-tuned and the steering doesn't feel dead in the driver's hands. It isn't a racecar by any means, but it is a driver's car that lets you know how the tires are working while you are driving. Gas mileage often over 30 in mixed driving. I'll keep buying from Mazda after this experience.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, well-tuned suspension, interior looks nice at night with red accents. Looks better than most other small cars. Steering-wheel controls are nice to have.

Suggested Improvements

We have dogs and the weave of the cloth fabric makes it extra-hard for some reason to vacuum the dog hair out of. We'll probably never get it all out. Other than that, there's nothing to complain about for a car at this price range.

2007 Mazda 3
By ship_phi071

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car 6 years ago, car has 50,700 miles on it. Overall it gets me from point A to point B, however I have had to replace brake cable, calipers, rotors and brakes as well as the rear and front supsension. Apparently this is a not uncommon issue with the vehichle. Car warranty should be better as well only 3 years 36K miles

Favorite Features

Good sound system, manual transmission, heated seats for cold winter days

Suggested Improvements

Better warranty offer, use better rotors/brake pads.