Used 2007 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 273 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

2007 mazda 3 sedan
By f j allen

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I feel that my Mazda 3 deserves to be reviewed on the Edmunds website. I purchased my 2007 Mazda 3 sedan at 40,000 miles..To make a long story short, i now have 155,000 miles currently and the 2.0 MZR (mazda reactive inline 4) keeps begging for more. The automatic transmission, and sports manual shifts and performs flawlessly.. If you are in 3rd on the sports manual shifter at 60 MPH and shift into second, the Mazda 2.0 will do the factory 6500 rpm easily and shift past 2nd and 3rd at maximum factory RPM like melted butter on a New York baseball steak... In conclusion i would recommend a magnaflow performance exhaust with an AEM cold air intake.. I promise you, whoever purchases the 2007 mazda 3 sedan or hatch, you will never be disappointed. Safe and sound! Safe and sound!

zoom zoom and a great long term value
By John P

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One of the zippiest and fun cars for under 200k, Can not beat the long term reliability, excitement and balls to the walls driving experiance, Save 50 grand and buy a boat!!

9 Years of Ownership
By Scottland

2007 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3 new in 2007 and it is by far the best car I've ever owned. I have 110k miles on it now and it has been a great little car. She has seen me through long commutes, sporty and aggressive city fun, road-trips, gravel-road adventures in the woods, etc. It is a manual and I always drive easy until she's warned up, never push my REV redlines, and perform oil changes when needed. Aside from 2 minor part repairs/warranty replacements, it has performed beautifully. Every function inside and out down to every last button and knob works just as good as the day I bought it. I have the advantage of being the lone owner so obviously it helps to know it's history. But it is truly a great little car. And fun to drive if you have a manual especially.

Really Decent little Car
By Ryan

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car started out as my wife's for the first 75 K miles, I then inherited it for my job in which I put on about 4 thousand miles per month. I have a new Ram 1500 hemi - which is awesome but does not compare in the mileage department !! Ok - so I have owned numerous 5.0 Mustangs, 3 mid-nineties Z28 Camaro's, and a 2001 Corvette. Initially this was a psychological downgrade - but after a few months and a few upgrades such as Bilstein's X 4, ZR rated tires in the summer, and Michelin winter tires in the winter - I have been extremely satisfied with this little sucker. I'm now at 128 K for mileage and no real issues. Ok - so the engine light is on for the famous gas cap vacuum leak - so I just let it be like that for now. I've changed the tranny oil out for Amsoil and do regular synthetic oil changes at 10 thousand miles like clockwork. I did notice that somewhere between 4500 and 5000 miles - it sucks back just over a half a liter of oil. I top it off and its good until I do the change. I have also tried about 5 different brands of oil and it does it with all of them. The engine sounds great still, no unusual engine noise whatsoever. It has really decent power for a 4-cyl and the economy is also decent. I do not baby this car in any way and it just keeps on pluggin away. I get about 33 mpg on the hwy and 27 in town - so averages about 30 mpg. I have to say this car handles like its on rails with my upgrades and is actually fun to drive. I'm thinking about what I will buy next, but have decided I'm just going to see how long this little guy lasts. I swear I'll drive it to 300 k if it makes it. This thing still feels tight with not rattles or weird noises, despite being on rough gravel roads often enough. Things that I feel could have been improved on from factory involve the paint (seems a little thin and easy to chip), seats aren't super comfortable - but I do spend 4 or 5 hrs in it a day more often than not. The tires do wear prematurely on the inside due to the camber, which is something that requires monitoring and prompt tire rotation. The engine has more than enough power for routine daily use in town or on the big road. The transmission shifts nice and seem to remain nice and tight even will into the 100,000 mile mark. I have had no issues with any other components. I just wish my wife would have bought a black one (instead of purple) - lol. Keep up the good work Mazda and i'll honestly consider another 3 when the time comes !!!

138k and still going strong
By J.R.

2007 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

excellent, reliable vehicle! With the correct PM, this car runs just as efficient when I first bought it 5 years ago with 32k miles on it. Replaced front struts, rear shocks, brakes and rotors, gear box oil, spark plugs, air filter, regular oil changes (all easy DIY work), and flushed all other fluids. Over 138k miles on it, and runs like it has 38k miles!

With proper PM of this car, I plan to get it to 300k before finally having to trade it in or buy a new Mazda. Highly recommend!