2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
This car Rocks!
By sword182 on 08/09/10 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this as my first brand new car back in '07. In the three years I have owned this car I have had no problems with it. I changed the oil and rotated tires, that's about it. The BOSE systems is pretty decent, but remember it is a stock system. I know a lot of reviews say this car sucks in the snow and rain, it doesn't if you have a good set of tires. The stock tires that came with this car were awful. I live in Colorado and snowboard religiously, I take my 3 up all the time and this car has never let me down. I did however go to tirerack and bought a 4 winter tires mounted on 16 inch wheels which fit the car well. This added the rubber needed for good traction in the winter.

Satisfied with room to improve
By Davey on 06/11/10 12:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and now have almost 50K on it. Only had one problem crop up so far with a bad sensor that ran me about $250 at the Mazda dealer. Never left me stranded. I took my stereo out and but in a JVC nav head unit. Great pick up for a 4- cyl 2.3 engine. comfy front seats and rear but short on leg room in the rear for 6 foot people. Truck is a decent size as well. Great chassis and suspension holds the road like nothing else

Good for the Money
By Sarah on 05/21/10 08:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My 2007 Mazda 3 (manual transmission) is a fun and peppy little car. I have had several problems with this car, though. First, this car is horrible in the snow, and in the rain, too. I have feared for my life many times in this car. Second, although the Bose stereo system sounds great, the CD player has never worked properly. When I brought it to the attention of the dealership while the car was still under warranty, they said they couldn't see any problems with it. Now, the CD player does not work at all and they won't fix it. Also, the stereo buttons randomly fell off. Finally, I've had sporadic problems with the car not starting on the first try if it has been sitting in the rain.

Best car for the money by far
By KCD on 08/18/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car as a commuter: 90 miles round trip up the canyons. Power is great and gas mileage is amazing. We average 35mpg climbing 2500 feet to get back home. We looked at the Corolla and the civic and there was no comparison. We went with the Mazda because of reliability, power, and gas mileage. It is also a much better looking car. This is our second Mazda, we still own the first: a 1990 Miata with 100K miles on it.

Tons of features, short of the leaders
By Vince on 07/14/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Slow, very unresponsive engine below 4K. The 2.0 liter in my RSX Type S feels much stronger than the 2.3 in this. Handling is good when driven at 7 tenths, but gets sloppy when pushed to the limits. Very long list of features, but quality is extremely disappointing:driver's seat squeaks badly (driver is 100 lbs), dash rattles horribly, driver's side window slams into frame when rolling up and rear left door vibrates badly when opened and is extremely hard to shut. I now know why Mazda offers so many things on this car; it's b/c they cannot match Honda and/or Toyota in terms of quality and refinement.

Great value
By Davud on 02/16/08 21:05 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love almost everything about my car. Quality, handling, are excellent. Never had a problem with it in 13,000 miles so far. I took out the 6 disc changer in favor of a pioneer nav HDD system.

Love the Mazda3 GT
By Dean in Dallas on 02/16/08 13:11 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the 2007 Mazda3 for 9 months now and I really like it. It has acceleration, is nimble, and is very fun to drive. I got most of the options including xenon lights, sunroof, compass in the mirror, leather, on board computer. Basically I got this car with all the options you'd find in a BMW. I have owned two BMWs in my life and believe it or not, this Mazda3 is as much fun to drive as those BMWs.

Love this car!
By flagators2 on 10/29/07 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Mazda3 I have owned. My first, a 2005 Mazda3 s, was totalled in September. I knew I would not own anything other than another 3! When we went looking I found another one, only this one is an s Grand Touring Sedan in Aurora Blue Mica. I love this one as much, if not more, than the first. Great ride, sporty, and more car for the money than many others out there. I look for excuses to get out and drive my car!

Great car
By Debi Hilton on 08/21/07 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have just purchased this fantastic vehicle. I love to drive and I didn't think I'd ever trade in my 02 Jetta 1.8t. Who would ever think I would ever get rid of it, just because of the way it handled. But needless to say the Mazda3 surpasses the Jetta. Keep up the good work. One thing I would like it to have would be heated mirrors, and power front seats. I have the grand touring sedan.

Good for the money, but...
By eburt on 08/12/07 15:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my MT 3 for 8 mos. All in all, I'm satisfied, but there are some major engineering errors that they need to address. I added the Sirius radio after I got the car (bought through the dealer, but installed at an aftermarket), and by doing so, the aux button for my iPod no longer worked. Was told that it's either one or the other - after purchase of course. Complained enough to the dealer that they gave us a comp on the switch box needed to use both sat and aux. Claimed they didn't know. Don't pay $150 for a feature that should have been there from the start. I drive 95% highway and only average 26.2 after 8K miles. Was told would get 30+.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.