Used 2007 Mazda 3 i Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

I Love my Mazda 3.....
By mwheatley

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought the vehicle, it was a horrible headache, and it was too bad but I received a Lemon. The Motor Blew at 28,000 and I drive it like a grandmother. I think almost every part on the car fell apart or was defective, I would list however the list is way too long, no word of a lie at least 20 different parts in/and out. It was so bad at a certain point I gave up and left some stuff broken ex. vents However I still love my car, it's always a fun drive. I would even buy another. My wife bought the same car except it was hatchback and it has over 300,000 kms and still going strong and other then general maintenance, the only part that we needed to replace was the Altenator.

Excellent Drive

Trunk Release which they have taken people's advice and the new cars have it.

100,000 Miles - Great Car
By cleaver

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've put 100,000 miles on this car. The struts are just now needing to be replaced. Other than that, we have simply changed fluids and replaced tires on this car. The original brake pads are still on it. For a $16,000 car, this was a bargain. It does everything a cheap car should do, plus some. The suspension is well-tuned and the steering doesn't feel dead in the driver's hands. It isn't a racecar by any means, but it is a driver's car that lets you know how the tires are working while you are driving. Gas mileage often over 30 in mixed driving. I'll keep buying from Mazda after this experience.

Good gas mileage, well-tuned suspension, interior looks nice at night with red accents. Looks better than most other small cars. Steering-wheel controls are nice to have.

We have dogs and the weave of the cloth fabric makes it extra-hard for some reason to vacuum the dog hair out of. We'll probably never get it all out. Other than that, there's nothing to complain about for a car at this price range.

40 mpg - why no press for that?
By rvoza

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's quick when you need it, it looks like a sharp euro car, especially in White. I've driven 85k in the 2 years I've had it, not one problem except new tires, no surprise. When I use Mobil 1 5-20 and drive 55, I get 40 mpg! Can you show me another non-hybrid car at this price that performs like that? at under $14k, the 07 is perfect for anyone on a lower budget. The 2.3 engine is faster and offers more color choices, but you'll lose 5 mpg. The 2.0 is fast enough unless you have ego issues.

love the sunroof/stereo package. definitely worth it. the ipod connection was a must have also.

No excuse for not having a trunk button on the remote. I don't like speakers on the rear door as they loosen over time from doors opening and closing, and the sound absorption by the backseats dims the volume. Put them in the back dash. Gas cap should be on the driver's side, not passenger side.

Fantastic after 2 years
By Sara

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best cars I have owned. I live in small town Oregon so rarely ever see a freeway or a big city. Mostly I drive 60 mph between towns. My gas mileage is 30.5 around town and 36mpg when traveling. The manual tran is fast and fun to drive. I have had zero problems in the 2 years with only required service when needed.

Manual transmission. Gas mileage.Fun factor.

None come to mind.

A must look in the small car class
By mikeman075

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After years of driving a thirsty pig of a Nissan Maxima, I decided I wanted something smaller and more economical. The thing is I was not willing to give up the fun to drive factor. After looking at many different cars, I always came back to the Mazda 3. It provides by far the most fun in its price class. In the nearly three years I've owned this car, I've been very impressed with the overall performance and quality. The steering and handling in particular are outstanding providing nearly BMW style feedback. I love this car as you could probably tell by now. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a economical car but can't stand boring cars like the Toyota Corolla.

As mentioned above, the steering and handling are superb. The 2.0L has decent power and torque. I also like the overall layout of the interior. My 6'3" frame fits well inside. The trunk is also a bit larger then one would expect. Mileage is good, about 27 MPG in mostly city/suburban driving.

The OEM Toyo tires were crappy and wore out within 15,000 miles. The Bridgestone I replaced them with are wearing very well though so it was the tires rather than the car. Also, I would have liked the 2.0 liter available in the hatch version. I may have bought that over the sedan.