Used 2007 Mazda 3 s Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Old Reliable
By feistyscot

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 3 from brand new until a Mercury Sable tagged it in the right front strut tower and put an end to it at 99,000 miles. In that time it went to the dealer once when the telescoping wheel tightening nut came loose. That was it. Averaged 30-34 mpg of fun driving and I'm going to miss it.

Great shifter, steering wheel, lots of storage for a small car. Torque steer was minimal, the 2.3 was smooth and relatively quiet and the cost to own was extremely low. Just a fun car to own.

Carpet is very thin, black interior almost impossible to keep clean. The clutch engagement is very high in the pedal travel and tire selection really affects the handling. The stock Toyos made it feel like it was on rails, the replacement Pirellis like it was waddling. The Toyos were horrible in the rain so tire selection is important.

2007 Mazda 3s
By DonC

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for almost 3 years/33,000 miles without a single problem. Fun to drive/handles great. Love the 5 speed manual transmission. I'm tall (6-04, 210lbs and I find the front seats to be uncomfortable on long drives. My 5-04 wife and daughters love the seats. If I drive it easy on the hwy we get at best 30 mpg. I think a car of this size should do better although it does have the 2.3 engine.

Reliability/styling/handling. Great manual transmission/clutch - very easy and smooth to drive.

Should get better mileage for a car this size. More comfortable front seats for tall people.

I Love My Mazda3
By Randy

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car purchase and my first Mazda and I love this car. I thought the automatic transmission was trash so I got the manual. I get about 26 to 27 miles per gallon under mixed highway and city driving. I drive it pretty hard (I can't help it; it's fun to drive). I got rid of the whip antenna and replaced it with a Shark Fin Antenna and the car looks really nice with it. My friend says it looks almost like a BMW! The car looks REALLY nice in Black.

Fun to drive. Looks good. Spacious interior for a small car. Trunk isn't too bad either.

Cheap paint job. It handles good, but wish it handled a little better. Maybe I need better tires.

Best car for the money
By Keith D.

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car as a commuter for my wife. She averages 600 miles a week driving through the canyons into Salt Lake City. The car last year averaged 33.8 miles to the gallon through the whole year. This is climbing canyons with and without A/C. Highest mileage has been 36, lowest 31. Changing the oil is a breeze with the cartridge filter. Great power and tourque. Climbs a 6% grade in fifth gear with the cruise set at 70mph. Paid extra for aftermarket leather which was a plus. I really didn't like the Mazda seat heaters or leather. Horn is too soft. Paint is very thin and nicks easily. The Civic and Corolla don't even come close to this car in price or performance.

Performance. Cartridge oil filter Gas mileage.

Better paint. Make sure you buy a bra for the front end. Louder horn

I Love My Car
By Lauren T

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Mazda almost a week ago and I absolutely love it! The interior design is extremely sport and like no other sedan that I have seen, which caused me to pick the Mazda 3 over the Mazda 6. I have been searching for a new truck for the past few months. Then I opened my search to cars and fell in love with the Mazda 3. I viewed it for the first time on a Monday and purchased that Thursday. Driving it is so much fun! My husband drives an Infiniti G35 Coupe and I wanted a car that can keep up with his. I'm not sure if it can, but he is not complaining, LOL. I was a little disappointed on the gas mileage on a long trip, however, this week is looking pretty good.

I love the illuminated dash and how comfortable the inside is. The power of the engine makes it great and fun to drive for me and my husband.

I don't like the aux plug in the center console.