2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
100,000 Miles - Great Car
By cleaver on 02/01/13 15:19 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've put 100,000 miles on this car. The struts are just now needing to be replaced. Other than that, we have simply changed fluids and replaced tires on this car. The original brake pads are still on it. For a $16,000 car, this was a bargain. It does everything a cheap car should do, plus some. The suspension is well-tuned and the steering doesn't feel dead in the driver's hands. It isn't a racecar by any means, but it is a driver's car that lets you know how the tires are working while you are driving. Gas mileage often over 30 in mixed driving. I'll keep buying from Mazda after this experience.

40 mpg - why no press for that?
By rvoza on 07/16/09 06:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's quick when you need it, it looks like a sharp euro car, especially in White. I've driven 85k in the 2 years I've had it, not one problem except new tires, no surprise. When I use Mobil 1 5-20 and drive 55, I get 40 mpg! Can you show me another non-hybrid car at this price that performs like that? at under $14k, the 07 is perfect for anyone on a lower budget. The 2.3 engine is faster and offers more color choices, but you'll lose 5 mpg. The 2.0 is fast enough unless you have ego issues.

Fantastic after 2 years
By Sara on 06/20/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best cars I have owned. I live in small town Oregon so rarely ever see a freeway or a big city. Mostly I drive 60 mph between towns. My gas mileage is 30.5 around town and 36mpg when traveling. The manual tran is fast and fun to drive. I have had zero problems in the 2 years with only required service when needed.

A must look in the small car class
By mikeman075 on 04/06/09 06:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After years of driving a thirsty pig of a Nissan Maxima, I decided I wanted something smaller and more economical. The thing is I was not willing to give up the fun to drive factor. After looking at many different cars, I always came back to the Mazda 3. It provides by far the most fun in its price class. In the nearly three years I've owned this car, I've been very impressed with the overall performance and quality. The steering and handling in particular are outstanding providing nearly BMW style feedback. I love this car as you could probably tell by now. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a economical car but can't stand boring cars like the Toyota Corolla.

My 2007 Mazda 3 i Touring
By Kprice_79 on 01/15/09 19:00 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. I bought mine July of 2007 and absolutely love it. When it is time to trade this one in, I will definitely be getting another Mazda. The only thing I don't like about it, after a certain amount of miles (low mileage) the tires seem to make a loud noise after accelerating to a certain speed and when slowing down. I would also put at trunk release on the keyless entry pad. Would be a great help.

Great fun, great value!
By Bobbi on 11/19/08 09:40 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, a great balance between fun driving and economy. MPG seems closely tied to temperature - I got as low as 25 mpg last winter w/ mostly city driving, but had it up as high as 35 mpg in the summer, even w/ AC on. The steering is a little looser than I'd like, but handling is sharp, otherwise. Road/engine noise actually aren't bad - it's a *sporty* car, folks. Back seat is apparently comfy enough for my friends to fall asleep in it on a 3-hour trip. Interior was a little squeaky for the first several months, but that seems to have gone away. Better in the snow than I expected w/ this kind of HP. Engine is way forward of front axle - I suspect to deal w/ torque steering.

56K and still going
By js1 on 10/06/08 06:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It will be two years in March 09 and this car is tough. 56k and still drives like the day I drove it off the dealership lot, save for new tires at 40k and rotors that are worn, but I do push this car to the limit. I think if you are looking for a dependable used car that gets 35mpg and is fun to drive this is for you. Previously drove 97 honda civic and 93 honda civic and like the car better than previous two, much more reliable.

It's just OK
By andi on 09/08/08 19:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Mazda for a year and a half. Had some problems with the tires, they say that "that's just how they're made", so I am having to replace them after 33000 miles! And I've already replaced one due to a blow out! Love to drive it. But it's much too loud. Lots of road noise. Lots of fun features.

22,000 Miles - Still Glad I Bought It
By Compared it 2 others on 06/14/08 22:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it in Feb 2007. It's a great car - and I would recommend it. A big issue with me is I wanted to get the car in light blue, but interior was an ugly beige, so got it in gray with black interior. I can't do beige upholstery - I hate it. Got the car with the ABS & side airbags as well, which was optional equipment at the time. Also, I really wanted the 5 door, even though the back end of the 5 door is kinda frumpy, but 5 door only comes in the S Model. The car handles well, the stick is real fun to drive, and has good acceleration. I think I am getting about 27-28 MPG. I like the fabric used on the upholstery, but the carpeting seems cheap. The car has a good solid feel to it.

Nearly perfect car
By Roger on 06/07/08 09:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car specifically to improve upon the gas mileage I was getting in my Maxima. Even though it's rated for 35 mpg, I routinely get better than that when it's warm out (37-38 is not uncommon). What I've found really impressive is that at high speeds, the mileage doesn't seem to be sacrificed. On the drive from Salt Lake to Laramie, I must have averaged around 80-85 mph and still achieved better than 35 mpg. The stereo is great for a stock stereo and the MP3 jack is a nice touch. I previously owned a 2001 Protege ES which I thought handled slightly better than the 3, but the 3 is a much better looking car. Somehow with the same engine as the Protege, mileage improved big time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.