Used 2007 Mazda 3 i Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

love this car
By quakk

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i read the reviews here before i bought this car used, and i have not been disappointed. i love this car. it's fun to drive, rather zippy for a 4 cyl, stylish, great stock sound system. cup holders are poorly placed right behind the shifter or in the doors (ok for a bottle, but not for a cup with straw). both back seats fold down, and i fit my 62cm road bike in the trunk just this morning. i get 28mpg in the city, 34mpg on the highway in the arizona mountains.

Favorite Features

stock audio system sounds better than most; fuel efficiency; exterior appearance; performance;

Suggested Improvements

wish it came with abs; as another reviewer said, the pedals are a bit close together for my big feet;

Everything I expected and more!
By Jon

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I knew going into this vehicle that it would not get as good of gas mileage as other vehicles in its class. That said, this car continues to impress me. I've owned for over a year now and drive a lot of miles commuting 80+ miles per day and travel with it alot. Now, after 40K miles the car is still running like new! I ensure the car is maintained religiously and that has paid off with zero mechanical problems to date. Oh yeah, by the way. To help counter the MPG issue, try this... slow down.

Favorite Features

The pros for this car are: 1. Looks sharp! Looks like a BMW. 2. Great handling! Saved me a couple of times when faced with near collisions at highway speed. 3. Lots of acceleration when needed. 4. Comfortable. I like the seats shape.

Suggested Improvements

Cons: 1. Leather steering wheel (like plastic) ie. cheap. 2. Need remote trunk release so I don't have to set bags down just to open truck.

Best Car I've Owned so far
By Guru666

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the i sport base model, 5 speed (I don't buy automatics) with no power options. Handling and cornering is excellent, and the engine and transmission are smooth. Passing is no problem as long as you know how to drive. I have been very happy with this car thus far. It's a very affordable car that I actually take pride in. I wouldn't even consider a civic or corolla after buying this car. I drove the base model Mazda6 and would take the Mazda3 any day. I did put after market 17 inch rims on the car. With steel 15 inch steel rims I averaged 33 MPG mixed driving, with the larger wheels I average 28 MPG. This car is very reliable and I look forward to driving it every chance I can.

Favorite Features

Overall value, handling, styling, gas mileage, reliability, and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Make power door locks standard. Make keyless entry standard. Make 16 inch alloys standard. More torque would be nice. Even my old 00 Chevy Z-24 with same horsepower and 30 lbs more torque was better off the line.

Best car for the money on the market now
By CB

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since buying this car early this year I have had an excellent experience. The fuel milage has been consistantly fantastic and the handling is awesome! I'm so impressed with this vehicle that I'm going to be purchasing another one in a month. Even with all the economic advantages of this car it still has a high performance ability for the road {ZOOM-ZOOM}.

Dangerous Gauges
By jackkala

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Speedometer gauge is in beautiful gauge cluster. Unfortunately speedometer is recessed so far and covered by shadow, it is impossible to read at speeds up to 50 mph. It can be read only by bending down deep and losing view of the road. There should be a recall and improvement. This situation is so dangerous, I intend to notify the TSB.

Suggested Improvements

Am disappointed about lack of running lights and a reasonably priced option of leather seats. Some day manufacturers will offer a pouch for mini umbrellas instead of so many useless cup holders.