Used 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 179 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

zoom zoom and a great long term value
By John P

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One of the zippiest and fun cars for under 200k, Can not beat the long term reliability, excitement and balls to the walls driving experiance, Save 50 grand and buy a boat!!

9 Years of Ownership
By Scottland

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3 new in 2007 and it is by far the best car I've ever owned. I have 110k miles on it now and it has been a great little car. She has seen me through long commutes, sporty and aggressive city fun, road-trips, gravel-road adventures in the woods, etc. It is a manual and I always drive easy until she's warned up, never push my REV redlines, and perform oil changes when needed. Aside from 2 minor part repairs/warranty replacements, it has performed beautifully. Every function inside and out down to every last button and knob works just as good as the day I bought it. I have the advantage of being the lone owner so obviously it helps to know it's history. But it is truly a great little car. And fun to drive if you have a manual especially.

138k and still going strong
By J.R.

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

excellent, reliable vehicle! With the correct PM, this car runs just as efficient when I first bought it 5 years ago with 32k miles on it. Replaced front struts, rear shocks, brakes and rotors, gear box oil, spark plugs, air filter, regular oil changes (all easy DIY work), and flushed all other fluids. Over 138k miles on it, and runs like it has 38k miles!

With proper PM of this car, I plan to get it to 300k before finally having to trade it in or buy a new Mazda. Highly recommend!

Endless Repairs
By UA Wildcat

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a college student who bought this car used due to its great reviews. I needed a reliable car. This car is not that.

I bought the car with 110K miles on it. In the past year, the A/C compressor ($1100 repair), alternator ($250 DIY repair), thermostat ($200 semi-DIY repair), and driver's side door lock ($10 DIY, PITA repair) all broke. There were repairs before that, but I honestly can't remember them all. However, this year has been the worst.

At over $1500 in repairs in a single year (many of them being reduced cost due to DIY work), I honestly cannot recommend this vehicle as a used car purchase. I know that it was reviewed well on release, as that's why I bought one. I am convinced that the vehicle does not age well, however. I've worked under the hood and inside the door panels of the vehicle, and I saw countless cheap, plastic parts that are at high risk for breakage (such as the door lock rod clip that crippled my driver's side door). Additionally, my dashboard has cracked near the windshield from solar heat, the rubberized seal on one of the rear doors is coming out, and a piece of flashing in the rear bumper simply fell out and disappeared while driving. I owned a Toyota before this and it was rock solid... completely reliable. In that reference, I strongly recommend against buying Mazda.

I Love my Mazda 3.....
By mwheatley

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought the vehicle, it was a horrible headache, and it was too bad but I received a Lemon. The Motor Blew at 28,000 and I drive it like a grandmother. I think almost every part on the car fell apart or was defective, I would list however the list is way too long, no word of a lie at least 20 different parts in/and out. It was so bad at a certain point I gave up and left some stuff broken ex. vents

However I still love my car, it's always a fun drive. I would even buy another. My wife bought the same car except it was hatchback and it has over 300,000 kms and still going strong and other then general maintenance, the only part that we needed to replace was the Altenator.

Excellent Drive

Trunk Release which they have taken people's advice and the new cars have it.