Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

I Love my Mazda 3.....
By mwheatley

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought the vehicle, it was a horrible headache, and it was too bad but I received a Lemon. The Motor Blew at 28,000 and I drive it like a grandmother. I think almost every part on the car fell apart or was defective, I would list however the list is way too long, no word of a lie at least 20 different parts in/and out. It was so bad at a certain point I gave up and left some stuff broken ex. vents However I still love my car, it's always a fun drive. I would even buy another. My wife bought the same car except it was hatchback and it has over 300,000 kms and still going strong and other then general maintenance, the only part that we needed to replace was the Altenator.

Favorite Features

Excellent Drive

Suggested Improvements

Trunk Release which they have taken people's advice and the new cars have it.

Still one of the better looking small sedans on the road.
By zramil

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a great compromise between sleepy, although quiet Corolla and entertaining, yet loud and overpriced (for a used car) Civic. Very engaging ride, fairly precise handling, not the quietest ride but not as loud as Civic. Even though car is now 6 years old, it's still a very good looking model. Interior is very well thought out, excellent fit and finish - clean, functional, attractive. This generation is notorious for rust problems, half of 3s I see on the road have rust which decreases resale value. Other than that had no problems with the car. If you are looking for a good quality small sedan mazda 3 is a must see - great balance between performance, quality, value and looks.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, especially dashboard; base sound system, excellent ride and steering.

Suggested Improvements

Mazda HAS to improve sheet metal and paint. This and I believe in some instances next generation mazda 3s are notorious for rust and paint chipping. Better fuel economy which has been addressed w/Skyactiv in newer genereations.

100,000 Miles - Great Car
By cleaver

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've put 100,000 miles on this car. The struts are just now needing to be replaced. Other than that, we have simply changed fluids and replaced tires on this car. The original brake pads are still on it. For a $16,000 car, this was a bargain. It does everything a cheap car should do, plus some. The suspension is well-tuned and the steering doesn't feel dead in the driver's hands. It isn't a racecar by any means, but it is a driver's car that lets you know how the tires are working while you are driving. Gas mileage often over 30 in mixed driving. I'll keep buying from Mazda after this experience.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, well-tuned suspension, interior looks nice at night with red accents. Looks better than most other small cars. Steering-wheel controls are nice to have.

Suggested Improvements

We have dogs and the weave of the cloth fabric makes it extra-hard for some reason to vacuum the dog hair out of. We'll probably never get it all out. Other than that, there's nothing to complain about for a car at this price range.

Peppy Little Sucker!
By electrified

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We got this car brand new back in 2006. 6 years and less than 33,000 miles later (wasn't used often until the second half of ownership), this car is quite the joy! The 2.3L engine has plenty of get up and go w/ a perfectly sensitive throttle and brake pedal. Brakes bite really well, but seem to fade kind of quick with repeated use. 5AT works well, but don't expect it to be butter smooth. The ride is firm, but not enough to make lunch run back out. I've gotten 26 city/34 hwy. Handling is this car's best trait! Turn-in is EXCELLENT, with plenty of steering feedback and response. But I don't like the "floaty" feeling when taking corners spiritedly and there is a bump/ridge mid-corner.

Favorite Features

- Handling, handling, handling. Grips like a madman! - 2.3L is more than enough for getting around town; enough grunt; Manual mode on 5AT adds to the sporty factor. - Interior is nice for the price; speaker system is very good - especially for bass fanatics - Steering feel/response/feedback is what I enjoy the most; it doesn't feel numb, overly light, or buttery.

Suggested Improvements

- Stock 16" Toyo tires have a short life; poor grip in rain; OK grip in light snow - A/C compressor clutch engages at odd points (ie. starting from a red light and it engages, causing car shudder) - "Floaty" feeling from the rear when taking corners spiritedly on bumpy roads - Rear brakes wear out quicker than front - A/C doesn't work as good as other cars I've been in...

Old Reliable
By feistyscot

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 3 from brand new until a Mercury Sable tagged it in the right front strut tower and put an end to it at 99,000 miles. In that time it went to the dealer once when the telescoping wheel tightening nut came loose. That was it. Averaged 30-34 mpg of fun driving and I'm going to miss it.

Favorite Features

Great shifter, steering wheel, lots of storage for a small car. Torque steer was minimal, the 2.3 was smooth and relatively quiet and the cost to own was extremely low. Just a fun car to own.

Suggested Improvements

Carpet is very thin, black interior almost impossible to keep clean. The clutch engagement is very high in the pedal travel and tire selection really affects the handling. The stock Toyos made it feel like it was on rails, the replacement Pirellis like it was waddling. The Toyos were horrible in the rain so tire selection is important.