2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
2007 Mazda 3
By ship_phi071 on 09/28/12 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car 6 years ago, car has 50,700 miles on it. Overall it gets me from point A to point B, however I have had to replace brake cable, calipers, rotors and brakes as well as the rear and front supsension. Apparently this is a not uncommon issue with the vehichle. Car warranty should be better as well only 3 years 36K miles

I like it
By t777jb on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a great car and the list of features is fantastic for the money. I put some Continental Tires ($800) on it which have improved the wet handling tremendously - anxious to try it in the snow. I was afraid of it in those conditions with the original tires. The ride quality on the Continentals is much better than the original tires. My paint has way too many chips like others. I'm satisfied with 27 mpg avg for this level of power. Manual is very smooth. Pedals are a little close together though and I have a size 10 shoe. Needs heated mirrors. I think I will have to get a BMW 3 series next to find something I would consider an upgrade in handling and luxury.

A real driver's car
By DaGreatChaz on 03/07/09 04:14 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, you won't find a better driving hatchback out there (minus the Mazdaspeed3, GTI, STI, etc. of course). Typical Mazda steering, powerful brakes, and fantastic grip. If the aforementioned are more important to you than mpg, the Maz3 is definitely worth a look. Fuel economy is ok, but certainly not great for a compact, as has been said by many others. Driving from CA to NY (all interstate with speeds around 75-80), I averaged around 30 mpg. A typical tank with mixed city and hwy driving will yield 22-26 mpg. For those who cannot see their gauges in daylight, you need to push that little button on the instrument cluster to alternate your dash lighting - there are two modes

'07 Mazda 3 s gt 5 dr = Booya!
By Monkeyboy6 on 10/23/07 11:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car and I highly recommend it to anyone that asks. However, I would like to see a rack option other than buying aftermarket model. All in all, this is a great car and I look forward to the 1.5 hours I spend on the road going to and from work every day.

Economic Fun
By ecofun on 07/26/07 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I chose the Mazda3 over a Civic EX coupe because I was looking for performance, styling and versatility over mileage. After 2,000 miles, I'm finding all of that and more. This car is a pleasure to drive on long trips and short. Handling is superb and mileage has been excellent, generally getting 29-33 mpg. This car offers Honda quality with twice the styling.

A Good Bang for the Buck!
By jwjuliano on 06/17/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Everything about the car is top notch. Cannot begin to compare the features for under $20K, many of which are found in cars costing twice as much. Be careful of your speed; the car is fast and quiet for its class. Gas mileage is decent, low 30s on the highway doing around 70 mph with A/C running. Aux. jack is a great feature to allow hook up for your iPod or satellite radio.

I Love My 3 GT Hatch!
By jlc0005 on 05/11/07 20:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I debated for over a year before I finally bought one and I couldn't be happier. I bought it in November, but only started driving it regularly after selling my old car about 2 months ago. So far, it's been a great little car. It's an Aurora Blue GT loaded with Bose, moonroof, 6CD, 5-spd AT, and Homelink autodim mirror. I so look forward to driving my car, even though gas prices are outrageous.

Zippy but sippy
By 1carnut on 03/31/07 22:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have only owned for a short time. Love the handling and fun factor like other reviewers. Also don't like the fuel economy like others. I have owned an 04 Acura TL (270 hp and heavier) and an 07 Sonata (235 hp 6) and both of those average 28 mpg just like I'm getting with the Mazda. Doesn't make sense to me. I don't drive it hard and I have just a small amount of stop and go. I'm going to switch to synthentic oil and I'm hoping it improves after break in.

"Almost" Perfect
By dhectorg on 02/06/07 15:19 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car 5 weeks ago and I am very happy overall. It's fun to drive, has plenty of extras for the price, handles/rides like a dream, and looks sexy. For almost a year, I had been searching for something in the small car class that wasn't just gonna blend into the crowd. While at the same time, offering near best in class quality, performance, and handling. I believe I've found that car in the Mazda3s Grand Touring 5-door. Mazda deserves accolades for pushing the bar higher in a segment that usually inspires boredom. Keep up the good work Mazda.

The Right Decision for Me
By SilverArrow on 09/06/06 04:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car for 11 days, so I really cannot comment on my "ownership experience" yet. Still too soon! I will say that I cannot imagine finding another new car in this price range that offers so much, for so little.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.