2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Our Mazda 3s experience
By chriscollins on 04/02/11 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have only positive things to say about our 2007 Mazda 3s. Knock on wood, we have not had any major issues, once standard scheduled maintenance. Perfect for hauling all the kiddos gear around with us. For the low price point I think we got good value.

Awesome!!
By stephen on 05/31/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my mazda3. It looks great, gets good gas mileage, handles great, and has great features. Mine has heated seats, gps, leather throughout, mp3 hookup, and love the look of the hatchback. I have the slapshift and it gets up a lot quicker when using the stick. I recommend this car to anyone!

It is almost perfect BUT....
By Liam on 05/14/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, but would strongly recommend you get the manual transmission if you are after max fun. The automatic shift function is a joke. Off of the highway the 2.0L engine is almost just as fun and much better on gas, plus you can avoid those terrible 17" tires. 33K so far and nothing except basic maintainace and having to buy snow tires on steel rims and new street tires on the 17" rims.

my blue zoom zoom!
By ariesgirl on 04/01/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I missed driving a stick. So, I went out lookin for one,and I got the pick of the litter, and at the right price too! I just LOVE my new,low mileage, metallic blue zoom-zoom. It ROCKS!!!!!

It's Okay.....
By ChadM on 02/11/09 09:45 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 2 1/2 years and have a couple of issues with it. From the beginning I have been dealing with warning lights coming on non stop with nothing wrong. I had a blow out of one of my tires. In the pst 1 1/2 I have had to replace the tires twice, maybe because of my commuting. Overall I do love my car, it's just been one thing after another though.

Your opinions helped me, so...
By zeroismydoggie on 06/30/08 22:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched various cars over a year ago before my purchase, and online reviews were a large part of it. To return the favour, I'll write about my Mazda 3 5-door. Everything about it is great. My boyfriend has an Avalanche and can barely afford to drive it, but my car, even with the high gas prices, is $45 every 2 weeks. And I drive home at lunch every day. The back seats fold down so my 2 large dogs can fit in the back without destruction, and with the hatchback I just lift up the trunk to let them jump in. I hesitated to get the fit, scion a & versa as they were puny. This car has some guts but is sporty and versatile at the same time. Cheers.

Good All-Around Car
By JustAGuy on 06/17/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year and have enjoyed it very much. It is very comfortable and stylish and is a pleasure to drive. For being a naturally aspirated 4-banger, it also performs pretty well. It is a great daily driver that I am very proud to own.

Everything I bought it for
By mudshark on 01/04/08 11:58 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has done everything I expected very well. Mileage at 28mpg. Good performance with 5 spd. Fun to drive. Got rid of a Mini to get this and am much happier. I would have gotten the Speed 3, but need the mileage as I drive long distance to work. I am 6 ft. and 300# and car is roomy enough for me. I highly recommend the Mazda 3.

Zoom-Zoom is Fun-Fun
By Van Sinclair on 05/27/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine in Oct. of 2006 and it is really fun to drive. I got the manual so I could actually feel the car when I drive. I wanted one a couple of years ago when they first came out but bought something else instead. I am glad I finally own one. This thing flies and handles for its size and price.

The unexpected... 2,000 miles later
By Fshkpr1 on 05/19/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Steering wheel feels great to grip. Does not feel like a front wheel drive car. Manual shifter is not only slick but has good insulation, almost no noise or vibration! 2.3L engine is smooth and powerful but gas mileage is not good, about 24 mpg (combined driving). Pretty roomy inside for a small car. Not much room for driver's feet, gas pedal and brake pedal are too close together. (This is with manual trans.) Standard single disc CD stereo sounds great, better than that in my '06 Lexus GS 300! Horn is too weak, a safety concern! Most unexpected: I still CRAVE to drive it, although I have been driving for 35 years and have sampled over 10,000 cars as a mechanic!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.