Used 2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

2007 Mazda 3
By ship_phi071

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car 6 years ago, car has 50,700 miles on it. Overall it gets me from point A to point B, however I have had to replace brake cable, calipers, rotors and brakes as well as the rear and front supsension. Apparently this is a not uncommon issue with the vehichle. Car warranty should be better as well only 3 years 36K miles

Favorite Features

Good sound system, manual transmission, heated seats for cold winter days

Suggested Improvements

Better warranty offer, use better rotors/brake pads.

I like it
By t777jb

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a great car and the list of features is fantastic for the money. I put some Continental Tires ($800) on it which have improved the wet handling tremendously - anxious to try it in the snow. I was afraid of it in those conditions with the original tires. The ride quality on the Continentals is much better than the original tires. My paint has way too many chips like others. I'm satisfied with 27 mpg avg for this level of power. Manual is very smooth. Pedals are a little close together though and I have a size 10 shoe. Needs heated mirrors. I think I will have to get a BMW 3 series next to find something I would consider an upgrade in handling and luxury.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Xenon lights, climate control, I like the look of the 17" wheels, silky transmission, sporty handling.

Suggested Improvements

Heated mirrors, better paint, more pedal room, 30 more HP, and send it from the factory with a decent set of tires. I'd like to see it offered with about 50 more HP and AWD - that would be a fun car and I think Mazda might do that better than Subaru and cheaper than Audi.

A real driver's car
By DaGreatChaz

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, you won't find a better driving hatchback out there (minus the Mazdaspeed3, GTI, STI, etc. of course). Typical Mazda steering, powerful brakes, and fantastic grip. If the aforementioned are more important to you than mpg, the Maz3 is definitely worth a look. Fuel economy is ok, but certainly not great for a compact, as has been said by many others. Driving from CA to NY (all interstate with speeds around 75-80), I averaged around 30 mpg. A typical tank with mixed city and hwy driving will yield 22-26 mpg. For those who cannot see their gauges in daylight, you need to push that little button on the instrument cluster to alternate your dash lighting - there are two modes

Favorite Features

Steering, handling, brakes. Versatile interior layout (was able to transport a full-sized clothes dryer with some room to spare), classy interior design. For the money, you won't get a better feature set on a car.

Suggested Improvements

Snowflake wheels are awful. The Bose system really should have mp3 capability (2008 and later models do), interior plastics are hard and scuff easily.

'07 Mazda 3 s gt 5 dr = Booya!
By Monkeyboy6

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car and I highly recommend it to anyone that asks. However, I would like to see a rack option other than buying aftermarket model. All in all, this is a great car and I look forward to the 1.5 hours I spend on the road going to and from work every day.

Favorite Features

I like them all.

Suggested Improvements

I would recommend that there be battery power until the doors are open. In my old car I could turn the car off & take the keys out and the radio, windows & sunroof would all work for 10 minutes or until i opened the door. Also, work on iPod integration.

Economic Fun
By ecofun

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I chose the Mazda3 over a Civic EX coupe because I was looking for performance, styling and versatility over mileage. After 2,000 miles, I'm finding all of that and more. This car is a pleasure to drive on long trips and short. Handling is superb and mileage has been excellent, generally getting 29-33 mpg. This car offers Honda quality with twice the styling.

Favorite Features

Stability and traction control, leather seats, Bose system, smooth manual transmission, and many more.

Suggested Improvements

Delay feature allowing lights and sunroof closure after turning off engine, standard homelink, choice of interior color. Other than that I'm not sure there is anything left at this price point.