2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Not My First and Certainly Not My Last Mazda
By boatracer on 05/10/12 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I simply love me '07 Mazda 3S Touring Hatchback. I've had it since new and currently have nearly 65K miles on the odometer. This little car has been trouble free. It still performs like the day I bought it. It is incredibly practical and while not a station wagon, it does splendid duty for hauling gardening stuff, boat parts and even lumber (if you use the sunroof) I'm one of those people who service their car regularly - even moreso than Mazda suggests. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I want a new Skyactiv 3i or keep my '07 just to see how long it lasts. I'm a Mazda enthusiast (7 so far)

Great value
By gogiboy on 11/12/11 10:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 new in March of that year. In 4 1/2 years only scheduled maintenance was required. It has proven to be even more reliable than my previous Honda Civic over the same near 5-year period. The hatchback offers versatility and the engine is punchy while still offering respectable mpg. The interior quality compares favorably with other vehicles in this price category. You can probably pick up a decent used one in the $10K to $12K range depending on condition/mileage, which makes it a very competitive car in the small hatchback category. The 3 Hatch seems to offer that perfect mating of reliability and functionality with a small dose of sportiness.

Great car
By Sean on 05/06/08 12:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking a sporty but practical car, and one that I could fit 4-5 adults along with a large dog (88 lb golden retriever) in the back. I have been very happy with my decision as it has overall been a great car. Fun to drive (manual), great handling/corning with 17" wheels, great in snow with winter tires & traction control and at 9K miles I have had no problems at all. Gas mileage is ok (26 mpg average) but would like to have smaller engine offered or other option on wagon to improve fuel economy for such a small car.

Nice Car
By Jamaica Joe on 03/10/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace a 1997 Mitsibishi Eclipse. It is a nice car, I bought it for the looks based on the price. It's pearl white and the paint looks really good. It's a manual and it is pretty fun to drive. Not all that comfortable as I am 6'2" and it's awkward because of the lack of tilt/telescoping action. The car has 16200 miles on it with no problems.

Mazda 3 Wagon horrible in Snow
By JKromberg on 12/09/07 17:07 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 2001 Celica with a 2007 Mazda 3 wagon. Based on the first snow of the season, the Mazda 3 is the absolute WORST performing car I have ever driven. I got stuck in 2 inches of snow in the dip at the intersection! I can not make it up a mild hill that everyone else was flying up. My old Celica drove like a tank compared to this. I hope the problem is only horrible tires from the factory. If not, anybody want to by a used Mazda 3 Wagon? I should also mention that during the summer, the air condition could not keep up. It was 100 outside and 90 inside. The dealer said it was working fine. The car does have the utility inside that I was looking for in terms of a wagon.

Fun & Sporty = 3 (zoom-zoom)
By JJ on 11/03/07 07:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After thinking long and hard about many different vehicles, I decided to go with the 3. I could not be happier with my decision. This car is sporty for a 4-banger, and with the manual tranny, it's fun-fun-fun. I honestly wish I would have gone with the SPEED version though (I didn't because I really need the sunroof).

Awesome car!
By MTS on 09/18/07 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I explored many others before choosing the 3 so I knew I'd like it, and it was a perfect choice. You can't beat all the standard features in this car that you wouldn't get in others. Steering cntrls/telescp, ABS/DSTC, full airbags, and very fun to drive. Tight handling! Took it on a small road trip right away and got 43 mpg hwy! One time only, I doublechecked, but city/mixed is only OK. It's my first manual and has the easiest clutch to learn on. I drove it home only having had 2 short lessons years ago driving an old manual Civic. The hatch adds much versatility, and everything about this car is designed to look sweet inside and out. Cntr stack intrudes on right leg, but not bad.

It Just Screams: "Drive Me!"
By Zante64 on 09/07/07 15:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Kinda stumbled onto this vehicle by accident. We were set to replace our 97 Jetta with a new one but we were not happy with changes VW made. Next looked at the Rabbit, but reviews kept mentioning the Mazda3. We figured it couldn't hurt to at least look at the Mazda3. Wow! We were instantly impressed with it! It's an amazingly fun and agile car. Every aspect of this car feels solid. No rattles or squeaks. The doors feel solid, the controls and gauges are easy to read/use. Initial mpg was a bit low, but with over 2500 miles now, we're getting better mpg each tankful. Lots of room in trunk area, good driving position and visibility.

Awesome! Buy One!
By Matt on 06/25/07 06:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. Moved from my 2006 Mazda6 to this. I bought a manual because they are fun to drive. I found out that they are not as comfortable as the 6 at all. Car has a lot of pep. Lots of compliments. Get the White Pearl!

Zoom Zoom Hatchback
By Menelaos on 05/15/07 13:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great driving machine but hard to find a manual. 07 Civic and 07 Corolla have nowhere near the road manners and performance of this one. Smooth and quiet ride but with excellent feel of the road. Acceleration is quite spirited and the quiet cabin belies the speed you are driving at. Braking is amazing! Only car with stability control at this price level. In mixed driving around Seattle I get 400 miles per tank. The hatch has ample cargo volume for hauling. Very easy to attach baby seats with the latch system. Driving at night, with the fog lights on, is a pleasure for tired eyes. The illuminated buttons (audio and cruise) on the steering wheel take a bit of getting used to.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.