2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
2007 Mazda 3
By ship_phi071 on 09/28/12 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car 6 years ago, car has 50,700 miles on it. Overall it gets me from point A to point B, however I have had to replace brake cable, calipers, rotors and brakes as well as the rear and front supsension. Apparently this is a not uncommon issue with the vehichle. Car warranty should be better as well only 3 years 36K miles

Not My First and Certainly Not My Last Mazda
By boatracer on 05/10/12 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I simply love me '07 Mazda 3S Touring Hatchback. I've had it since new and currently have nearly 65K miles on the odometer. This little car has been trouble free. It still performs like the day I bought it. It is incredibly practical and while not a station wagon, it does splendid duty for hauling gardening stuff, boat parts and even lumber (if you use the sunroof) I'm one of those people who service their car regularly - even moreso than Mazda suggests. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I want a new Skyactiv 3i or keep my '07 just to see how long it lasts. I'm a Mazda enthusiast (7 so far)

Great value
By gogiboy on 11/12/11 10:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 new in March of that year. In 4 1/2 years only scheduled maintenance was required. It has proven to be even more reliable than my previous Honda Civic over the same near 5-year period. The hatchback offers versatility and the engine is punchy while still offering respectable mpg. The interior quality compares favorably with other vehicles in this price category. You can probably pick up a decent used one in the $10K to $12K range depending on condition/mileage, which makes it a very competitive car in the small hatchback category. The 3 Hatch seems to offer that perfect mating of reliability and functionality with a small dose of sportiness.

Great little car!
By dsjones on 07/16/11 06:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car used. Have owned it for two years. It is fun to drive. Stiff suspension so expect it to feel every bump on the road. It feels as smooth as butter on smooth roads and the road noise isn't that bad. The A/C is strong in the warmer months as well as the heat for winter. I don't like the black interior. It is very hot, even in the winter. I have had to turn on my A/C in the winter to cool the car down. Not good car to drive in Maine winters when snow begins to accumulate. Too low, at least for me. I love my car but need to give it up for small SUV that can handle the deeper snow that I drive in. In general, you will not be disappointed if you own this car.

Our Mazda 3s experience
By chriscollins on 04/02/11 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have only positive things to say about our 2007 Mazda 3s. Knock on wood, we have not had any major issues, once standard scheduled maintenance. Perfect for hauling all the kiddos gear around with us. For the low price point I think we got good value.

Excellent Over All
By Mizzbee on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After 3.5 years, I still really LOVE my Mazda 3 Hatch..My complaints are few but to prospective buyers,worth noting. 1.Check engine light comes on about twice a year-- and so far,has only meant that the gas cap was loose. Why no 'loose gas cap' light? They charge to check it on the diagnostic computer. It's a rip, imo. 2. The original tires are awful. Replace them as soon as you can. 3. Dash visibility is poor depending on how you have the steering wheel set. At the height and angle I like it, I cannot see vital things like my temp gauge or speedometer. 4. Interior (wherever you might touch with your arms) gets covered in unsightly White smudges if you wear any type of sunblock.

Best Car
By Gennie on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

My 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback was an outstanding car. I only had one issue, the air intake manifold needed to be replaced, and was done so under warranty. Amazing pick up, very safe, and I fit lots of stuff into the back. Did great in the snow, too!

I like it
By t777jb on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a great car and the list of features is fantastic for the money. I put some Continental Tires ($800) on it which have improved the wet handling tremendously - anxious to try it in the snow. I was afraid of it in those conditions with the original tires. The ride quality on the Continentals is much better than the original tires. My paint has way too many chips like others. I'm satisfied with 27 mpg avg for this level of power. Manual is very smooth. Pedals are a little close together though and I have a size 10 shoe. Needs heated mirrors. I think I will have to get a BMW 3 series next to find something I would consider an upgrade in handling and luxury.

Japanese BMW
By sbowden99 on 06/22/10 21:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Fun, extremely tossable hatchback. And you would not believe how much cargo this vehicle can hold with the seats folded down. It's my wife's car, but I feel lucky when she's out of town and I can drive it a bit.

love it!
By fatco on 05/26/10 22:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Wife purchased 3 years ago and we both love this car. Very reliable trouble free 3 years. Has the options usually found on cars costing much more. 2.3 L engine very strong. Blizzaks for winter are awesome - they handle snow/ice better than my pathfinder. Lease about to end and will definitely buy it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.