Used 2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Fun sporty fuel efficient and reliable
By 89lx5o

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've now owned this car for two years now and it's been phenomenal. It's very fun to drive with a sporty suspension, pretty powerful motor and very smooth trans. To top that off I get 28 mpg in the summer and 26 mpg in the winter the reason comes with the different gas formulas. I have not had ONE reliability issue yet (knock on wood). It has very comfortable seats, but is definitely not a luxury car. It has a decent amount of road noise, and is a lil harsh on bumps. When you get nice roads to drive on road noise is a lot lower and the handling aspects of this car come out. If you’re willing to sacrifice a smooth ride for some sporty handling I would recommend this car to anyone!

Favorite Features

Sporty (powerful and handling). Fuel efficient. Great trans. Comfortable. Great radio. Good looks. Well designed layout of features inside.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise. Suspension refinement (or a tire with larger sidewall). With being partly owned by Ford how about SYNC added to radio!

Best of everything for the price
By JR

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I did not consider a Mazda. However, the test drive changed my opinion. Have owned Toyota, Honda and Nissan. The Mazda3 2.3 5M is better with excellent handling, steering, braking and manual transmission. Good power and quiet engine. The car is confident and secure at all speeds and looks great. The interior is well designed and high quality. Getting 28-29 highway. Have 15,000 miles on car with absolutely no problems. I look forward to driving everyday. Mazda should build a Mazdaspeed3 Coupe with the 2.3 turbo. I would buy it immediately!!

Favorite Features

Handling, steering, manual transmission, brakes, power and interior quality and design.

Suggested Improvements

50 more h.p. and the car would be perfect!

My New 3
By psyshack

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded an 06 Civic EX sedan, 5MT w/navi for the Mazda3. What does that tell you. :) The Mazda is a much more drivable car. A bit more comfortable and more pep. At a cost of worse gas mileage. Getting in and out of the car is easer. Lumbar support on the driver's seat is useful.

Favorite Features

Handles great! Stops fantasic!

Suggested Improvements

The 2.3L isn't as advanced of an engine as Honda's 2.4L. MPG could be a lot better. Build quality is good except for the paint. What's up with all the darn orange peel?

Satisfaction
By David Nolen

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my M3 for two weeks and I must say that it is the "smartest" vehicle purchase I have made to date. To be sure, I've owned vehicles from all of the major manufacturers, starting with a Ford Fiesta, all the way to the gas gobbling Dodge Durango. The Mazda M3 is good looking, sporty, responsive, engineered like a Swiss watch and great on gas. Given the concerns we have today concerning foreign oil and the associated fluctuations in price, the M3 is a real "no brainer".

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the sunroof, leather interior, dash design and stereo controls on the steering wheel. I like it all!

Suggested Improvements

Suggested improvements would be increased options on the paint schemes.

Awesome Car
By Car Driver

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is downright fun to drive whether it's long distance or a trip to the grocery store. The 2.3L engine packs enough punch to warrant the zoom- zoom label. Handles great. The exterior is superior to any vehicle in this class. Exchange the Mazda labels for BMW, and people would believe you. Interior styling is beautiful, especially for the price. Aux input jacks prevents burning a million CDs. Nothing against Civic, it's a great car, but everyone has one. They are a dime a dozen. Go for the Mazda3 if you want an athletic and affordable car that stands out on a road crowded with "blah" economy sedans.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, interior comfort and design, aux stereo input jack, front seat spaciousness (and I'm 6'1"), fuel economy given the available power, attention to detail, especially those that make it a "guy car."

Suggested Improvements

5 speed manual is geared too low. I would like to see 5th geared a bit higher for better highway fuel economy. 3500 RPM at 80 mph isn't necessary. 4th and 5th can be further apart without sacrificing necessary power. Back seat is tight, but that is to be expected. Not for family of four.