2007 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Fun sporty fuel efficient and reliable
By 89lx5o on 11/16/08 11:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've now owned this car for two years now and it's been phenomenal. It's very fun to drive with a sporty suspension, pretty powerful motor and very smooth trans. To top that off I get 28 mpg in the summer and 26 mpg in the winter the reason comes with the different gas formulas. I have not had ONE reliability issue yet (knock on wood). It has very comfortable seats, but is definitely not a luxury car. It has a decent amount of road noise, and is a lil harsh on bumps. When you get nice roads to drive on road noise is a lot lower and the handling aspects of this car come out. If youÂ’re willing to sacrifice a smooth ride for some sporty handling I would recommend this car to anyone!

Best of everything for the price
By JR on 04/29/08 20:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I did not consider a Mazda. However, the test drive changed my opinion. Have owned Toyota, Honda and Nissan. The Mazda3 2.3 5M is better with excellent handling, steering, braking and manual transmission. Good power and quiet engine. The car is confident and secure at all speeds and looks great. The interior is well designed and high quality. Getting 28-29 highway. Have 15,000 miles on car with absolutely no problems. I look forward to driving everyday. Mazda should build a Mazdaspeed3 Coupe with the 2.3 turbo. I would buy it immediately!!

My New 3
By psyshack on 08/12/07 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded an 06 Civic EX sedan, 5MT w/navi for the Mazda3. What does that tell you. :) The Mazda is a much more drivable car. A bit more comfortable and more pep. At a cost of worse gas mileage. Getting in and out of the car is easer. Lumbar support on the driver's seat is useful.

Satisfaction
By David Nolen on 01/28/07 10:44 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my M3 for two weeks and I must say that it is the "smartest" vehicle purchase I have made to date. To be sure, I've owned vehicles from all of the major manufacturers, starting with a Ford Fiesta, all the way to the gas gobbling Dodge Durango. The Mazda M3 is good looking, sporty, responsive, engineered like a Swiss watch and great on gas. Given the concerns we have today concerning foreign oil and the associated fluctuations in price, the M3 is a real "no brainer".

Awesome Car
By Car Driver on 01/17/07 17:43 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is downright fun to drive whether it's long distance or a trip to the grocery store. The 2.3L engine packs enough punch to warrant the zoom- zoom label. Handles great. The exterior is superior to any vehicle in this class. Exchange the Mazda labels for BMW, and people would believe you. Interior styling is beautiful, especially for the price. Aux input jacks prevents burning a million CDs. Nothing against Civic, it's a great car, but everyone has one. They are a dime a dozen. Go for the Mazda3 if you want an athletic and affordable car that stands out on a road crowded with "blah" economy sedans.

Zoom zoom indeed
By Ev on 01/04/07 09:29 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We were ready to buy a dowdy subcompact before driving the Mazda3. After the drive, there was no question. This car is a well styled road rocket and instantly changed our top priority from mpg to fun. After a couple fill-ups I'm averaging a respectable 28 mpg, a bit less than I'd been in the market for, but enough to stay true to the spirit of an affordable, reliable, low total-cost-of-ownership purchase. It's more than large enough for everyday driving for our family of 4. And, again, the performance is just awesome -- quick, nimble, and amazingly grippy. Bottom line: try it, you'll like it.

Best compact car available.
By Ed1032 on 01/02/07 16:54 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Mazda3. I've looked at every compact car under $20K, and the 3 is the best for the money. It has the best performance numbers, features and driving ability. Not to mention the build quality-It's a hair below entry-level German cars, so about the same as a good Volkswagen. From the '06 model, the best improvements are traction control and the auxiliary input jack. Otherwise the car is pretty much the same, and that's a good thing. I have a few minor quibbles: The dash is plain without sat-nav and is prone to attracting dust very quickly and the pedal placement is a bit off (brake and gas too close together). But don't worry, the car can take corners like a true sports car.

Zoom Zoom's Little Ripper
By Shannon on 11/29/06 18:25 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazada3 and have enjoyed the comfort and fun style of this little car. I get compliments on it, people refer to it like a little BMW. The fuel economy is great-I have driven over 260 miles on a 1/2 tank of gas, and average 100 miles every 1/4th tank in the city. The car has very little noise and is a smooth ride. The braking system is great once you begin to wear them in. Very safe car with 6 air bags and security system. Trunk is very roomy for the size of the car. I was able to fit two of my guy friends, one at 6'4 and the other at 6'2, on the passenger side of the car and they both had good leg room. The moon roof and 5 changer package is worth the money. Awesome car!

Easily the best sedan under $20k
By TG on 11/16/06 18:20 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Drove a Mazda3 two years ago and my wife and I were blown away at the performance for the money. Our 14 year old Protege finally died and we considered the Rabbit and Mercury Milan. Drove the 3 again, and were struck again at the strong handling, decent torque, nice design, and safety features. This thing really handles well for an inexpensive front wheel drive car. If you don't want to spend the money for a 3 series, G Sedan, or even a Jetta GLI, the 3 provides a great fix. We took the sunroof package and the striking Phantom Blue color--which looks nothing like the web photo. Hopefully it will age well, because we're keepin' this baby!

Liked it so much, I bought another
By JF on 09/29/06 06:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2004 Mazda3, which was fun and trouble free until it was totaled by an incompetent idiot. The resale value was such that I got $2k less than I'd paid 2 years before! I value the driving experience and reliability, and for replacement narrowed it down to this or the Civic, but after a drive there was no contest. Unlike the Civic, the controls are perfectly positioned and weighted, the handling is superb, power is good, gearbox is short-throw, precise, pleasant. It looks good, and is well equipped. Love the small leather steering wheel, shame the gearstick is no longer leather. Improvements for 2007 are slightly more refined suspension, stiffer chassis, mp3 input jack.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.