Used 2007 Mazda 3 i Sport Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

This car is the BEST value for the money
By Ryan Haggis

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

220,000 miles on it right now, it runs better than pretty much anything else I have driven. I test drove over 20 different cars in this price range before buying my Mazda 3. It is high mileage but the motor is bulletproof, tranny is fantastic, and in true Mazda 3 fashion, it has no power windows, mirrors, or locks. At times it is an inconvenience but I'm young and poor so I'm thankful for one less thing to break. The car is a blast to drive, steering and transmission are great. I have the 2.0 l motor and it is plenty alive, it's not fast but it's not in any way dead. The 2.3 is a good motor as well but gets a bad rep for a simple pcv valve design flaw. The valve gets stuck open sometimes and the motor will burn excessive amounts of oil. It's an easy fix but people just assume it's old and time to move on and get rid of the car. Reliability comparable to that of a Toyota or Honda without having to buy the expensive badge. Comes with great speakers and an aux input from the factory. The back seats aren't exactly spacious but Mazda makes up for that by including the worlds largest glovebox. Seriously, the thing is massive. It is pretty cheap as far as materials go but hey, better than most other compacts. The car is much better looking than most others as well. Safety is admittedly not a large concern of mine however I know that it is just ok by IIHS's standards. As a safe and responsible driver I feel safe behind the wheel because of how nicely the little car maneuvers. I have avoided many near-accidents in the car because it is so responsive. Coming out of a student lot is a scary thing and being in control of a small car with good visibility helps. The actual fuel economy is better than advertised, I have yet to test it. Some people say it can get around 40 mpg hwy at times, which seems reasonable. I can't speak specifically for earlier models but 2007-2009 are very reliable and better equipped. This body style lasted from 2004-2009 and stands the test of time. Overall great car. Pros: great MPG, fun ride, reliable, great audio, seats are extremely comfortable and well bolstered, cheap to fix and care for. Cons: power windows and locks are not standard stiff suspension and tight steering might be uncomfortable for some, safety is meh, prone to rusting so be proactive.

zoom zoom and a great long term value
By John P

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One of the zippiest and fun cars for under 200k, Can not beat the long term reliability, excitement and balls to the walls driving experiance, Save 50 grand and buy a boat!!

love this car
By quakk

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i read the reviews here before i bought this car used, and i have not been disappointed. i love this car. it's fun to drive, rather zippy for a 4 cyl, stylish, great stock sound system. cup holders are poorly placed right behind the shifter or in the doors (ok for a bottle, but not for a cup with straw). both back seats fold down, and i fit my 62cm road bike in the trunk just this morning. i get 28mpg in the city, 34mpg on the highway in the arizona mountains.

stock audio system sounds better than most; fuel efficiency; exterior appearance; performance;

wish it came with abs; as another reviewer said, the pedals are a bit close together for my big feet;

Everything I expected and more!
By Jon

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I knew going into this vehicle that it would not get as good of gas mileage as other vehicles in its class. That said, this car continues to impress me. I've owned for over a year now and drive a lot of miles commuting 80+ miles per day and travel with it alot. Now, after 40K miles the car is still running like new! I ensure the car is maintained religiously and that has paid off with zero mechanical problems to date. Oh yeah, by the way. To help counter the MPG issue, try this... slow down.

The pros for this car are: 1. Looks sharp! Looks like a BMW. 2. Great handling! Saved me a couple of times when faced with near collisions at highway speed. 3. Lots of acceleration when needed. 4. Comfortable. I like the seats shape.

Cons: 1. Leather steering wheel (like plastic) ie. cheap. 2. Need remote trunk release so I don't have to set bags down just to open truck.

Best Car I've Owned so far
By Guru666

2007 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the i sport base model, 5 speed (I don't buy automatics) with no power options. Handling and cornering is excellent, and the engine and transmission are smooth. Passing is no problem as long as you know how to drive. I have been very happy with this car thus far. It's a very affordable car that I actually take pride in. I wouldn't even consider a civic or corolla after buying this car. I drove the base model Mazda6 and would take the Mazda3 any day. I did put after market 17 inch rims on the car. With steel 15 inch steel rims I averaged 33 MPG mixed driving, with the larger wheels I average 28 MPG. This car is very reliable and I look forward to driving it every chance I can.

Overall value, handling, styling, gas mileage, reliability, and fun to drive.

Make power door locks standard. Make keyless entry standard. Make 16 inch alloys standard. More torque would be nice. Even my old 00 Chevy Z-24 with same horsepower and 30 lbs more torque was better off the line.