2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: My first Mazda

2006 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My first Mazda
By superddawg on

2006 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, this car is fun to drive! I can definitely tell a power difference between it and some other cars at which I was looking. I can't believe the acceleration from a 4-cylinder engine! I also enjoy being able to change to manual shifting for winding roads. It is also a plus for cruising on the Interstate when approaching a big hill ... just drop it down into 4th gear and there's no loss of speed. I am impressed with how quiet the engine and road noise are at 80 MPH. In addition, the extra storage space will come in handy after the after market stereo and speakers are installed. This was a big problem with my previous car ... I lost all of my trunk space. The headlights are awesome!

I like the ability to shift the gears manually the most. This makes driving so much fun and takes out all of the work associated with a clutch. I also enjoy the ability to start off in 2nd gear rather than 1st ... which seems to improve the acceleration slightly because of one less gear shift.

I would like it if the rev limiter was either removed (1st choice) or increased (2nd choice). It's no fun when 4th gear runs out at 6000 RPMs. At least let the car shift to 5th gear! Manually shifting made no difference (~4000RPM in 5th).