2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Love at first drive

2006 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

Love at first drive
By Maxine Hunt on

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 8,000 miles from private owner, although I test drove a new one and my son owned a 2004 that I liked very much. From the first day I loved everything about this little car. There's plenty of room with the seats down and that's how I normally drive to accommodate my three dogs. Fun to drive, with no effort. It's almost like virtual driving compared to other cars I tested. The body style is attractive and Mazda apparently offers a nearly endless list of options as this car has it all. My next vehicle will be one just like this. I do suggest purchasing a set of winter tires that adds confidence to winter driving and makes the zoom zoom last all year.

Exterior appearance, interior appearance, feel behind the wheel, steering, acceleration, storage capacity with seats down.

Dash readout is a little difficult to see in daylight. Better traction control in slippery driving conditions.