2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Great little car

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great little car
By Jason Trojacek on

2006 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Dodge pickup truck, which I loved, but the gas priced were killing me. I get about twice the gas mileage in this little car. It's not as good as some other small cars, but compared to the truck it's excellent. The base 5 door is loaded with all kinds of fun stuff. I could use a little more horsepower and torque, come on Mazdaspeed. But the car serves me well in my daily commute. I was a little put off by the walk-in price. I couldn't get anything below MSRP. So I tried the internet and was able to find one for $100 over invoice.

The overall look of the car is much better than anything in its class. The tilt/telescoping steering wheel is great. The car takes corners like you wouldn't believe. Steering wheel radio controls The interior lighting. It's just plain fun to drive.

The stock stereo should play MP3's. The gas mileage could be better. Over the past two weeks I've averaged about 23mpg. The $300 plus price of the satelite radio is crazy. More horse power.