2006 Mazda Mazda3 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Finally, a car that's fun

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Review

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Finally, a car that's fun & economical!
By Jennifer on

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I originally tried to lease the Mazda 3 back in Jan., but the payments were too high and I really didn't want to pay $1000's and have nothing to show for it three years from now. By the end of March, I was ready to buy. I had already taken a test drive of the Mazda in Jan., and was really impressed. I tested it against the Civic and Corolla (just like another reviewer) and felt the same way--the Corolla was completely unimpressive and very boring, and I've driven enough Civic's to know that, as reliable a car as they are, I'll be like the other 5 million people who have one in LA. After my second test drive of the Mazda, I was sold, and have been very happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

I love having a sunroof and automatic everything, it's the first time for me! It's got some nice zip for a 4 cylinder engine. I love the radio steering wheel controls and remote keyless entry. Basically, it's really fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a brighter light in the trunk because it's a little hard to see in there at night. Also, making the center console longer would make it a great armrest.