Closest to a Mini 5 door Wagon !
By n2kalo on
2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I traded in my beloved '03 Mini Cooper. Loved that car, but utility demands forced to sell. But not disappointed so far, M3s is more versatile and has more pickup than my CVT Mini. I also note that the more "bang for buck" features were appealing. This is my second Mazda experience; my first was a '88 RX-7 convertible and it had no problems.. The only gripe so far is that the car doesn't have autolocks and the MPG's could be better. Also obviously the handling is not quite up to the Mini, more lean in corners than the Mini. But I find that the Mazda 3S is much more compliant and comfy on the poor roads in Hawaii. Sporty with a good cross of features and added utility just makes sense.
Favorite Features
All of the amenities that were standard. From all airbags to climate control to leather seats and HID headlights and even the stock 17 inch wheels and tires. Don't need to go aftermarket yet.
Suggested Improvements
I reiterate like others - more back seat room and autolocking doors and one-touch down/up windows all the way around. Better fuel economy obviously, and I would like a little more HP's. Can't wait to see the Mazdaspeed3!