2006 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Review: Awesome.

2006 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Review

s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Awesome.
By poulain145 on

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my blue, automatic, S Hatch for over a year and I absolutely love it. It is by far my favorite vehicle that I have ever had. I love the styling, and the roomy interior. The quality of the interior is very nice, and the car gives a very smooth ride. I don't have the road noise problem that some people have complained about. It's far more quiet than the Corolla I had before. I drove this car from Phoenix to San Diego in July and it was great. I must say that insurance on this vehicle is a bit expensive when compared to the Toyota I had before. One complaint that I have is that the air pressure gauge light is always coming on and I find myself putting air in my tires a lot.

Favorite Features

Automatic transmission (although no one else seems to have it) is very smooth. Steering wheel controls, color of the vehicle (cobalt blue), interior, folding seats. And all the compliments I get! This seems to me the closest to a luxury car one can get for under $20k.

Suggested Improvements

The AC is a bit weak in the Arizona heat. The temperature of the air is never what it says it is and it's either way too cold or too warm, with no middle. The gas mileage is definitely not what is advertised. I don't think I've ever gotten over 26 miles per gallon, and that's on a good week.