2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: A Great Value and Car

2006 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s Touring Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A Great Value and Car
By davgar40 on

2006 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3s new in 2006 and am very happy with the car. It looks great inside and out. It also gets pretty good gas mileage. I get about 32mpg on the highway and about 28mpg with all around driving. The access to the trunk is a little small so I can't fit things like my guitar amp in there but that's not a big deal. Tires lasted as expected and wore out around 42000 or so. I changed from the Goodyear Eagle RSA to Yokohama S.Drive. The new tires cost less and grip the road even better than the original tires. The seats are very comfortable especially on long trips. It's a great car and all for less than $20k brand new. I did add a cold air intake and catback to the car too.

6 CD changer and the sunroof are my favorite features. The stick shift and handling of the car are also great. Body styling is sporty.

I know the newer models have an MP3 jack but it would be nice to have. A larger trunk opening would be of benefit for larger items.