A Best Kept Secret
By Thrilled on
2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
It has been 3 years, and it is one of the best decisions I ever made.Who would have thought that an inexpensive grocery-getter (which is why I bought it) would handle like a $30K-$40K car? It does not perform like a high end performance car because it is not supposed to. The 2.0 liter 4-banger is loads of fun because I can keep my foot in it if I want to play. For my normal commute I average 29-33 mpg mixed driving. on the Freeway, it's around 37 mpg. But the HANDLING!!! OMG! This has got to be one of the best-kept secrets in America! Would I like more power? Sure, but not at the cost of mpg. The fit and finish on this little gem is excellent. And for $18K out the door! I'm a happy camper.
Favorite Features
The handling is extraordinary for an economy car. The sound system is amazing. I love the gas mileage when I behave myself. I have never had to do more than the scheduled service....not a squeak...not a rattle. I love the fit, finish and styling, too.
Suggested Improvements
If you could beef up the 2.0 liter engine with 20-30 more HP, and 20-30 more lbft of low-end torque without sacrificing gas mileage......oh well, dreaming is free. (LOL)