Used 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Excellent overall
By guinzuz

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The fit an finish on the car is outstanding. Both exterior and interior styling are top-notch. Car is sporty to drive even with the smaller 2.0. Very practical and reliable. Driving position is very comfortable. Visibility is excellent. I would highly recommend this car.

Interior fit and finish, handling, gearbox, massive glove compartment, visibility, reliability, styling

Just minor things. No aux in, no rear center armrest, trip/fuel economy computer, no trunk release on key fob, trunk is on the small side, fuel economy slightly lower than expected (23 city, 28 mixed) for the 2.0 with 5 speed, stock tires are low quality.

Ford Engine
By Bernie

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With 12000 miles on our new Mazda, the engine locked up which sent us on a one month "Mazda doesn't want to sell us another car" misery. We found out that Ford builds the engine for our car. We also learned that the problem our car was having was a mystery for Mazda and Mazda engineering would direct our dealer as to what to do next and when. After one month of experimenting with our car and several threats from us that we would not accept the car unless the engine were replaced, Mazda replaced the head and gave us a 100000 mile engine/drive train warranty. If Mazda had been concerned about keeping us happy customers, they woulds have replaced the engine and had our car back to us in a week.

The car is responsive and fun to drive. The red is really nice.

We get around 29 mpg on the highway- 34 never. The seats become really uncomfortable after you have been sitting for an hour. The rear seats have no adjustment and are in a semi- reclining position which becomes very uncomfortable on a long trip. Also, the rear seat belts are very uncomfortable

Amazing
By Chelsea

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in love the mazda 3 for years. So when I had my son, I decided to get rid of my trusty toyota pickup and buy an 06 mazda 3. I must say I am simple amazed still to this day 3 months later, It drives perfect, looks perfect, I just love this car, oh and the fuel economy is wonderful! I live in phoenix and go to LA quite often and I don't even have to fill up once - that's over 400 miles on one tank of gas... AWESOME!

Everything, mostly how quickly it responds

None

Amazing.
By jason

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I first saw the Mazda3 I knew I had to have one. So I went about my goal. I had just graduated high school and had saved enough $ for a down payment, so I got the one I wanted. Car is INCREDIBLE. I love everything about it. Looks great, drives great, runs great. Best of all, it has been incredibly reliable - almost 29k miles and NO problems whatsoever. I've had the car for almost 2 years now and can safely say I recommend it to anyone looking for a world-class car at a great price.

Fuel economy is decent, averaging 28 with mixed driving conditions.

None!

Great Little Car
By erin

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my mazda3 for about 2 years now, and have not really had any complaints. The original tires that came on it sucked in the rain and snow, but after putting new tires on it, have had no problems. I have put almost 40000 miles on it in over 2 years and do a lot of driving, and it definatly holds its own. I couldn't believe the pick-up that this little 4 cylinder car had! I definitely recommend these little cars to anyone who is looking.

The sporty design, ride is comfortable, even when driving for long distances, and you can change stations and stuff on your radio by the steering wheel.

Different tires (mine came with toyo, and they were awful in rain and snow), the air conditioner takes a while to get cool when in hot conditions, needs more windshield wiper delays, and a trunk release on your keyless entry pad.