2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
A Great Package!
By Ed on 09/27/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Recently bought the 2006 BMW 325 and was racking too many miles on it so I decided to get a little run around car. The goal was to get something fun to drive, cheap and good on gas. I test drove the new Civic, Mazda3 and the Corolla and the Mazda won hands down in style (Civic came close), handling and acceleration. It is by no means a cheap compact car. It has a solid feel and great build quality. The controls are very nicely laid out and the interior and exterior looks great and very sporty. I called this baby a Japanese version of the BMW 3 series. I am very pleased with it and glad that I got this over the Civic and the Corolla. And the warranty is better with 4 years/50K.

The BMW from Hiroshima
By teamsc10190 on 09/23/06 20:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so dialed-in and direct it is a sheer pleasure to drive. I can't wait to get behind the wheel at every opportunity I get. If you're undecided which compact car to buy, drive this one and your decision will be made. I love this thing! This is really a great piece of work. I want to run out buy another one.

No Contest
By Chris W on 09/11/06 11:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought M3 back in May after trading 03 Civic EX Coupe. This is definitely the best compact out there due to the refined interior, impressive acceleration, and nimble handling. No other compact I've driven in this price range has the ability to "wow" me like the Mazda. My 5-speed Touring has leather, sunroof, 6-disc changer, and Sirius with an MSRP right at $20k. I've heard the factory tires do not last too long, but considering the way this car makes me want to drive, I can see why they do not last. Sure, the rear seat is small, but it is a compact. All in all, no regrets!

happy diva
By qtqueen2 on 09/07/06 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about this car! It is fun to drive, and sporty too. I like it's performance. I couldn't have asked for a better car for the money.

A Mini Audi A4
By HockeyFox on 09/06/06 13:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After owning a very problematic Audi A4, I vowed never to spend that much money to spend that much time at the service department. After giving way to accepting that Honda made a reliable car, I test drove the new Civic. Nice, reliable, but boring to drive. Quality was apparent, but it didn't feel European tight. On a whim I test drove the Mazda 3. It was like driving my A4 all over again. European flair and quality construction. Reviews are very favorable and reliability history appears to be quite good. I purchased the vehicle and expected some remorse towards not buying the Honda. NO REMORSE WHATSOEVER. Best purchase I have made. Love the ride, great comfort features. Winner!

I Love My Car
By Mike on 08/23/06 10:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a automatic Mazda 3 S and I love my car. I usually drive it in the manual mode and I get better gas mileage than when it is in full automatic. The AC takes awhile to cool the car (especially because my car is dark silver with black interior) so I got the windows tinted and that solved the problem. I listen to a variety of music and the sound system handles all of the music I play very well. I especially love my sunroof and 6-disc in dash CD player. The only things I have to complain about is the fact that there is no truck release on the key fob (I am a guy and I could care less about a panic button) and I wish it got a little bit better mileage in the city.

One great car
By David on 08/17/06 16:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a 1992 Acura Integra which I really enjoyed. When I started looking for a new car I wanted a sporty 4 door at a good price. After driving the 3s I knew that it was the one for me. I bought a 2006 3s Touring with 5 speed manual in January and still think it is a great car. I love the 5 speed manual and the acceleration it has. I especially enjoy taking it out on the nearby windy roads. The car handles great. You definitely get the Zoom Zoom out of this one.

Best of its class
By Colin on 08/16/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After driving several of its competitors, the Mazda 3 easily stood out for me as the best. Suspension is tight, engine is smooth and loves to rev, auto transmission is quick and well-programmed, brakes are strong, and the interior is the best I've ever seen. Ergonomics are excellent; the driver can really feel like he or she is part of the car. Gorgeous styling, and the exhaust note is great. Gas mileage in the city could be better, but highway mileage is right up there with other compact sedans. Excellent build quality -- the 3 is built in Japan, and it shows. A very well-thought-out, fun, affordable sports compact.

Great Little Car
By Matt on 08/14/06 22:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I only have two tanks of gas through my car to date. Which is a little over 800 miles. I am getting about 36 miles to the gallon driving on mixed city highway roads. WOW that is great!

Amazing Car For All Ages!
By JSAP123 on 08/13/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Mazda 3 in Winning Blue straight out of the showroom...all I can say is wow! It is a very "rich" looking car, but doesn't kill your wallet. I purchased mine for $21,000, tax and title included. It now has 15,000 miles on it and its been nothing but happy days. Just look around and you'll see that the Mazda 3 is at the head of its class in almost every category. What amazed me was that insurance was cheaper for my 06 Mazda than for a 06 Honda Civic, 05 VW Jetta, and a 06 Honda Accord. If you're looking for a sporty, sophisticated, and fun car the Mazda 3 is it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.