2006 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Awesome.
By poulain145 on 08/25/07 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my blue, automatic, S Hatch for over a year and I absolutely love it. It is by far my favorite vehicle that I have ever had. I love the styling, and the roomy interior. The quality of the interior is very nice, and the car gives a very smooth ride. I don't have the road noise problem that some people have complained about. It's far more quiet than the Corolla I had before. I drove this car from Phoenix to San Diego in July and it was great. I must say that insurance on this vehicle is a bit expensive when compared to the Toyota I had before. One complaint that I have is that the air pressure gauge light is always coming on and I find myself putting air in my tires a lot.

Love my zoom zoom
By Lyn on 08/16/07 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first researched, haggled and purchased car of my own and I couldn't be happier. I love driving my car and that fact that I'm not worried about things falling apart or repairs that need to be done. It's never been recalled (like cars I've owned in the past.) I would love to keep this car forever, but with a new man and two additional kids to my already two, it doesn't fit all six of us. I will be very sad to say goodbye when that time comes.

Mazda 3, Oregon Review
By ken's mazda on 08/08/07 13:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the vehicle is ok, 4 cylinder engine kind of gutless. Too much road noise. Have to turn radio up to drown out. Wouldn't want to drive it across the country.

Fun and Practical
By StanleyD on 08/06/07 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 5-door hatch makes excellent use of interior space. I can carry my bicycle inside along with enough luggage for two people. Seats and controls are excellent. Optional leather seats are great. Gearing is a bit too short so its easy to chirp front wheels when starting with manual trans. Back seat is comfortable for two. Acceleration is snappy but runs out of power at high speeds. Gas mileage is a disappointment. I have averaged 23.5 mpg in 10,900 miles of mostly suburban driving. It was rated at 26 city, 32 hwy. Completely reliable. I'd buy it again.

Great car
By vaibhav on 07/30/07 06:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to have as compared to Civic. Much better in handling and interiors are of superior quality. Its like a mini-Mercedes for $18k.

Great Car, Great Price
By Kyle on 07/21/07 18:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, you cant find a better car for the price, period. The combination of performance, interior design, and aesthetics makes this car extremely desirable. I rigorously examined the Corolla, Civic, and other midsize sedans, and this Mazda tops them all.

Mazda3 S
By Shawn on 07/02/07 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have over 20,000 miles on it in a year and it has been great. Very well handling car. Can be sporty when you want it to be, but can also perform like an economy car when you want it to. I consistently get 31-35 miles a gallon on the highway (rated at 31).

An Asset
By Hokie on 06/17/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Its great in handling, pick-up and fuel mileage. I had Civic and also took a test drive of the new one, but nothing is as good as Mazda3.

Arrest Me Red Mazda 3 Sport GT
By XPTaurus on 06/09/07 13:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I own the Mazda 3 Sport GT. I was a die hard Honda fan. One look and a test drive changed all that! I absolutely love this car! Thanks Mazda. It's got the feel of a formula vehicle.You can actually feel it in the drive. Handles great in our harsh Canadian winters. I know because I have an hour drive to work every morning then an hour home every night. I even tried talking my wife into getting one. Thanks again Mazda.

Fun Car with Annoying Problems
By optimus on 05/31/07 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been very, very fun to zip around on both the highway and city. However after only driving it for 6 months my clutch pedal became squeaky (replaced under warranty). Then a month later my brakes became extremely squeaky even though I still had 75% of the pads left. I plan on taking it in again soon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.