Used 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

HATE MY MAZDA3!!!
By roxygurl

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I bought my Mazda 3 I have regretted it! Before this car I owned an Infiniti and before that a Honda, but nothing compares to this. It is by far the worst car I have ever purchased! If I could go back I would. It is loud, small and cheaply made. The only thing going for this car is the gas mileage and the overall exterior look.

Gas mileage if that is considered a feature... and the exterior is nice.

Needs to be made quieter! It has the loudest stock exhaust I have ever heard. Also, the interior is cheap and looks that way.

Fun Daily Driver.
By Luv2drive

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have an '06 with a 2.3L engine and manual transmission, and it is one solid, sporty little car. Its interior and exterior styling are, without a doubt, the best in its class. Everyone who rides in it comments about the cool interior. It's way more fun to drive than its price tag might suggest, especially with the manual transmission. The engine is responsive and rev-happy, the steering is precise, and the suspension tears up corners like a sports car. The only reliability issues I've had were minor annoyances related to my own modifications. This is probably the most exciting car you can buy for under $20,000... and it still gets 26/31 mpg!

Suspension, balance, shifter, overall driving feel, interior styling, exterior styling. The Mazda3 makes its presence known at all times.

A chassis this stiff and balanced simply begs for more power, so if you've got the money, buy a Mazdaspeed3 or a turbo kit and an LSD.

Quick, cool, and great mileage.
By Mazda Lover

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 34k miles on the car and have not had one problem yet. The car continues to have the same acceleration as the day I bought it (2.3L). The comfort is amazing for a large adult who is 6'4'' tall. I have family members who are taller and enjoy driving it. The suspension is sporty and responsive. I drive on the highway most of the time and get 32-34 mpg. The look of the car is amazing!!

The sporty suspension and acceleration. The trunk has shocks that hold it open, giving tons more space. Love the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

An iPod hookup, which is now available on the newer models. The stock sport tires wear out quick at about 25k, but those can be easily replaced.

07 Mazda 3
By MAzda3

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great. The paint is terrible. It chips and scratches too easy (my purse chipped my paint). The interior sucks. The floor mats are cheap, the plastic door panels are poorly made, scratch way too easy and the plastic piece around the gear shift, well the silver paint is coming off of that from the heat. So yes I like this car, it runs great but the quality of the interior and the paint is very poor. Although I do like the car I would not buy it brand new again. Go for the used it's not worth as much as it costs. Depreciation on this car is terrible.

Driving my baby. The car is pretty to look at and drive. They just need to make durability and looks on the same level.

Gas mileage. Paint. Door panels - actually all the plastic inside stinks. It needs to be a little more durable. Better quality carpet. Paper thin carpet doesn't do me any good.

Zoom - Zoom!
By C. Cox

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle. Well built, reasonable room for four adults, reliable, economical, very responsive steering and excellent acceleration in a four cylinder auto (2.3L). Just plain fun to drive. Will buy another if it's possible to wear out this one. Zoom-Zoom!

Smooth ride. Well placed controls.