Used 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

A Great Value and Car
By davgar40

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3s new in 2006 and am very happy with the car. It looks great inside and out. It also gets pretty good gas mileage. I get about 32mpg on the highway and about 28mpg with all around driving. The access to the trunk is a little small so I can't fit things like my guitar amp in there but that's not a big deal. Tires lasted as expected and wore out around 42000 or so. I changed from the Goodyear Eagle RSA to Yokohama S.Drive. The new tires cost less and grip the road even better than the original tires. The seats are very comfortable especially on long trips. It's a great car and all for less than $20k brand new. I did add a cold air intake and catback to the car too.

6 CD changer and the sunroof are my favorite features. The stick shift and handling of the car are also great. Body styling is sporty.

I know the newer models have an MP3 jack but it would be nice to have. A larger trunk opening would be of benefit for larger items.

Gimme a break
By silver mazda

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car but the brakes are a problem. Sometimes the brakes go down to the floor, sometimes it feels like it is hitting metal and sometimes it feels like I am hitting an empty box. The dealer out of a courtesy changed the front pads only as they were worn 30 percent. The rear pads are worn 50% and they refused to change them. I will see if this repair helps with my problem. I never know when my brakes will go out on me.

The radio. seats are comfortable, and A/C works great

Need improvement in gas mileage. We get less than 20 miles per gallon. The brakes need improvement.

Sporty - Reliable
By sclwkr

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

58000 mile on my zoom mobile. Needed tires @ 32000 mi. No other major issues. Gas mileage is 31 city/hgwy. 35 mpg going long on hgwy. To work & back daily 2.3 engine rocks. don't be afraid to rev. Great wet, ok in snow. Thank God for ABS. Minor probs: console intrudes somewhat for long trips. Odd oil filter to change. Floor mats look good but wore thru quick. Took off Toyo oems and put on Yokos. Sticks to curves. Sound system rocks. Sunroof a must. Golf clubs fit nicely in trunk. Highly recommend! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

Pick up is amazing. Looks great comin' and goin'.

More tilt wheel positions, better oem tires, key fob trunk release.

HATE MY MAZDA3!!!
By roxygurl

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I bought my Mazda 3 I have regretted it! Before this car I owned an Infiniti and before that a Honda, but nothing compares to this. It is by far the worst car I have ever purchased! If I could go back I would. It is loud, small and cheaply made. The only thing going for this car is the gas mileage and the overall exterior look.

Gas mileage if that is considered a feature... and the exterior is nice.

Needs to be made quieter! It has the loudest stock exhaust I have ever heard. Also, the interior is cheap and looks that way.

Fun Daily Driver.
By Luv2drive

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have an '06 with a 2.3L engine and manual transmission, and it is one solid, sporty little car. Its interior and exterior styling are, without a doubt, the best in its class. Everyone who rides in it comments about the cool interior. It's way more fun to drive than its price tag might suggest, especially with the manual transmission. The engine is responsive and rev-happy, the steering is precise, and the suspension tears up corners like a sports car. The only reliability issues I've had were minor annoyances related to my own modifications. This is probably the most exciting car you can buy for under $20,000... and it still gets 26/31 mpg!

Suspension, balance, shifter, overall driving feel, interior styling, exterior styling. The Mazda3 makes its presence known at all times.

A chassis this stiff and balanced simply begs for more power, so if you've got the money, buy a Mazdaspeed3 or a turbo kit and an LSD.