2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Not Impressed
By Jake Christensen on 12/11/06 23:20 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have not been very happy with this car. It does not get the gas mileage the sticker on the window said it would and I feel it is very poorly built. I believe they used cheap products to built this car. Everything from the paint on the outside to the carpet on the inside. Don't get me wrong; I think it is a very stylish car and it is fun to drive. But I would not recommend it to anyone.

My Car ROCKS!
By Virginia Mom on 12/11/06 17:32 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Looks great! Drives great! Has great pick-up on the highway - beats the 4-cylinder Honda Civic in this regard. Plenty of room for kids and equipment especially with the 40/60 fold down seats. It's sporty but practical. I have to agree with the other reviewer that the only problem is not having a trunk release on the key fob. Kind of inconvenient in this day and age. But with all this car has to offer I wouldn't change my mind over this small inconvenience. Highway mileage is 28-30 mpg.

Great Car
By Grant on 12/05/06 22:30 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mazda 3 Grand Touring in June and have already put 12k miles on it. It has been extremely reliable and a pleasure to drive. It is surprisingly quick for a little 4cylinder. I have the 5 speed manual and couldn't imagine it with an auto, even with the manual mode on the auto. Brakes are amazing as has been said. Interior quality also top notch.The Rockford Fosgate stereo that came in my girlfriend's Sentra is considerably better then the Bose stereo in my car. Gas mileage is better then most have said on here and I drive it pretty hard. I get about 26-28 in the city and about 29-31 highway. Drove the competition and nothing really came close in comparison in this price range.

Great car - economical too!
By alamo on 11/24/06 16:58 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great pick up for a 2.0 engine Just love the standard transmission feature (have auto transmission). Handles great and the ride is reasonably comfortable. Am getting good gas mileage - almost always 27 - 31 combo city and hwy - 30+ hwy only. Roomy for a little sedan.

Great Job Mazda...
By Mazda_Owner06 on 11/24/06 14:28 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I do have to admit that this car, exceeded my expectations. I came from a 2003 Honda Accord and the Accord does not compare to this Mazda. The driving, handling, styling and fun factor for this car has been done well by Mazda. I've got 11,000 miles on this car, so I felt that now would be a decent time to put down a review. Among other compacts I would go with this vehicle. It also the best pick vehicle in its category. This rating is for a S-Grand Touring with Navigation model. I'm also getting 25-28 MPG, which is better than expected. Plus the paint does not chip like Honda and unlike Honda, I have had no squeaks or rattles. The interior's fit/finish is well done.

I'm still alive
By osusanna8 on 10/29/06 21:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 7/06, someone hit me turning left in front of me 1 week ago. The complete front end was totaled. Luckily I made it out alive, and felt very lucky. I think this car saved my life. It wasn't a head on collision, but it was close enough that the air bags should've deployed (I thought). Maybe the severity of the crash controls them? One more thing. Going from a Camry to this car, I feel like I'm always having to fill up my tank, so it's hard for me to tell if I'm really getting good gas mileage. Adding the numbers at each fill up, I got about 3 miles under what manufacturer reports in city and 2 miles under on the hwy. Overall, I enjoyed it.

vroom vroom
By pefnam on 10/13/06 08:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a Mazda3 Sedan a month after buying a Toyota Matrix wagon and the Mazda is so much cooler than the Toyota that we wish we had bought the Mazda3 Wagon as well. Fun to drive, stylish, sporty, better mpg.

Audi A3/4 cant touch it.
By Jace L. on 10/10/06 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Reviewed all cars in segment including some premiums cars like BMW and Audi. Nothing compared for the money. Gas mileage is lacking, it only averages 23-24 mpg in city and maybe 28 if I only did highway driving. Built quality is amazing. Strong brakes and precise steering feel beats anything I've driven. Bose stereo sounds great but can make doors buzz if turned up too loud, although it barely happens so it's not much of a problem. Overall I couldn't be happier.

Zoom Zoom Zoom
By Ray Larson on 09/29/06 12:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This my sixteen year old daughters car. It is every thing they say about it!

Unhappy with my zoom-zoom
By cherie on 09/27/06 23:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a very bad experience with my vehicle. I am only getting about 14- 18 miles per gallon ( supposed to be in the 24-36 range). I was given the run around and basically told that there was no problem with my vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.