Used 2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Most Helpful|
HATE MY MAZDA3!!!
By roxygurl

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I bought my Mazda 3 I have regretted it! Before this car I owned an Infiniti and before that a Honda, but nothing compares to this. It is by far the worst car I have ever purchased! If I could go back I would. It is loud, small and cheaply made. The only thing going for this car is the gas mileage and the overall exterior look.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage if that is considered a feature... and the exterior is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be made quieter! It has the loudest stock exhaust I have ever heard. Also, the interior is cheap and looks that way.

I No Longer Desire An Audi
By Velma

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched and researched this car and decided to get it. It's awesome in everyway, and I've had no problems with it. My dream car is the Audi A3...but now I don't know. I'm very happy with this car in everyway. I drove from NC to Toronto, Ontario and had the best drive.

Favorite Features

I have the all leather interior and you really could not tell that this is not a luxury vehicle. Very nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

A luggage rack would be nice, I wasn't able to get one for this model :(

Reliable, Safe, and a FUN CAR TO OWN!
By WB3Jay

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new (coming out of a Mazda Millenia) with 7 miles on it. 5 years and 120,000+ miles later I am still a proud owner. This is one reliable car with nothing needing replacing with the exception of normal wear and tear items (I went 115k on the original front brake pads!). I've been through 2 sets of tires and 2 rear brake jobs that's it. It is so much fun to drive and that means a lot to someone who spends a lot of time in their car. Gas mileage has been around 25 mpg.

Favorite Features

Zippiness, reliability, sporty look

Suggested Improvements

No trunk button on remote (addressed in later years), flimsy carpeting around dead pedal area, floor mats wear in the heel area.

Sporty - Reliable
By sclwkr

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

58000 mile on my zoom mobile. Needed tires @ 32000 mi. No other major issues. Gas mileage is 31 city/hgwy. 35 mpg going long on hgwy. To work & back daily 2.3 engine rocks. don't be afraid to rev. Great wet, ok in snow. Thank God for ABS. Minor probs: console intrudes somewhat for long trips. Odd oil filter to change. Floor mats look good but wore thru quick. Took off Toyo oems and put on Yokos. Sticks to curves. Sound system rocks. Sunroof a must. Golf clubs fit nicely in trunk. Highly recommend! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

Favorite Features

Pick up is amazing. Looks great comin' and goin'.

Suggested Improvements

More tilt wheel positions, better oem tires, key fob trunk release.

Mazda3 S - touring. Still 2nd best
By rogracin

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased our 2006 Mazda3 s - new. Went with the Touring package to get side curtain/seat airbags and sport tires/ rims. We have 77k miles now, While it is good car the quality is low. Carpet, seats, visor, rear view mirror, visors are all worn or broken. One major thing I hate is the oil filter placement. Had to replace the drivers window/lock cluster cause that stopped working. I do all my oil changes but to reach the filter you have to remove the underbody shield consisting of 5 bolts and numerous clips. This car replaced our 1988 MX6 we kept for 23 years. I did not have these problems until well after 150k on my MX6.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy. Hit, install a K&N air filter to increase MPG and low end torque.

Suggested Improvements

Quality.