2006 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Mazda3 5 door
By fox on 04/21/08 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car has had zero problems in 50K miles. It is fun to drive and not a mushmobile like the competition. Great performance for the price! Smooth and quiet engine with a wide torque band. Standard transmission shifts great, precise and easy.

Outstanding Car
By OC on 04/21/08 05:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this in July 06 to replace a gas guzzling Pathfinder. We had 1 Mazda before, an older Protege 5. This does not get the mileage the Pro 5 got (31/35), but that was also underpowered and the M3 has the bigger engine. We have the manual with the moonroof. I put an iPod module in it, and to my surprise you can run the iPod off the steering wheel. We drive a lot, and it's very comfortable on long rides. No road noise, handles great in good and bad weather (Good in New England snow too). If you're worried about safetly don't be. My wife has been hit 3 times and this car is rock solid, surprising for a small car. All in all, very very dependable sporty car. Buy one!

Fun!
By Tyler on 04/09/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace my '96 Pontiac Bonneville. This car was a huge improvement! Given, the interior wasn't quite as nice, but it was sporty, which was what I was looking for. The car is much more responsive than I would have expected and has an all around sporty feel. If you want a nice smooth, quiet ride, this car isn't for you. You can definitely feel the road (which I like), and it's a little loud inside, but it could very well be my tires. The suspension is superb, you can take 90 degree turns going 30 mph on a dime. If you get this car, make sure to get the manual! This is what makes it so much fun!

Great Little Car
By erin on 04/04/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my mazda3 for about 2 years now, and have not really had any complaints. The original tires that came on it sucked in the rain and snow, but after putting new tires on it, have had no problems. I have put almost 40000 miles on it in over 2 years and do a lot of driving, and it definatly holds its own. I couldn't believe the pick-up that this little 4 cylinder car had! I definitely recommend these little cars to anyone who is looking.

Snappy
By Martin on 01/08/08 15:31 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car because the 17mph I was getting was crazy at $3.50 a gal. I looked at Honda and Nissan, but the performance sold me, as well as the 4 yr., 50k warranty. It still surprises me everytime I put my foot into it. The car rockets to the 6500 redline, and there is a huge torque leap at about 3500. You have to watch your speed though because the car gives alot and can surprise you with its agility and handling. I do a 90-mile round trip about 6 times a month, and I'm used to getting about 29 mpg, lead foot and all. Inside it has the feel of a small BMW and all the bells and whistles too. This is one fun "economy" car! Zoom, zoom.

I love my car!
By lovemycar on 12/30/07 21:18 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Every time I drive my car, I feel like it is the first time I have driven it--and this is after owning it for over two years! I am a student, and this car was very affordable for me. It has everything I wanted in a car--safety, handling, comfortability, peppy engine, good gas mileage, fun to drive, great features inside and out, easy to maintain/ not very costly. It makes me feel great, safe, and very pleased with my purchase. I would not trade this car in for anything!!

Rewarding little car
By lamis on 12/11/07 21:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this M3 to have some fun and save on gas in daily city driving. For the fun part, it's delivered above and beyond expectations. Handling, braking, road attitude, looks are great, surprisingly quick for a 2L AT, nice and roomy interior. Sadly, I must have gotten the thirsty one on the lot, hardly gets 25 mpg in the summer and 22- 23 in the winter. Suspension is perfect for zipping around town, but highway rides longer than 1 hr get a bit uncomfortable. Overall outstanding value.

Nice, for the money.
By dwaynepg on 12/06/07 20:50 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall nice car, good safety features, good performance. Back seat is fairly roomy, like the dash and radio setup, huge glove compartment.

Mazda3 driving performance
By 3 owner on 10/16/07 20:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazda3 in 2006 since than I put over 42000 miles on the vehicle. I have had very few problems with the vehicle and the ones I did have were quickly resolved by the dealership. I like the performance and so far the durability of the vehicle. I hope to see Mazda continue the Mazda3 line and improve upon it. So far I think the 3 is just as good as the Honda civic, however I will know for sure if the car makes it to 150000 plus miles with minimal repairs.

Love my Mazda3!
By Stephano on 10/15/07 07:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my little car. It's sporty but spacious inside. It is easily maneuvered on the road and gets great gas mileage!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.