2006 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
HATE MY MAZDA3!!!
By roxygurl on 09/24/08 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I bought my Mazda 3 I have regretted it! Before this car I owned an Infiniti and before that a Honda, but nothing compares to this. It is by far the worst car I have ever purchased! If I could go back I would. It is loud, small and cheaply made. The only thing going for this car is the gas mileage and the overall exterior look.

Fun Daily Driver.
By Luv2drive on 08/03/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have an '06 with a 2.3L engine and manual transmission, and it is one solid, sporty little car. Its interior and exterior styling are, without a doubt, the best in its class. Everyone who rides in it comments about the cool interior. It's way more fun to drive than its price tag might suggest, especially with the manual transmission. The engine is responsive and rev-happy, the steering is precise, and the suspension tears up corners like a sports car. The only reliability issues I've had were minor annoyances related to my own modifications. This is probably the most exciting car you can buy for under $20,000... and it still gets 26/31 mpg!

Quick, cool, and great mileage.
By Mazda Lover on 07/17/08 02:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 34k miles on the car and have not had one problem yet. The car continues to have the same acceleration as the day I bought it (2.3L). The comfort is amazing for a large adult who is 6'4'' tall. I have family members who are taller and enjoy driving it. The suspension is sporty and responsive. I drive on the highway most of the time and get 32-34 mpg. The look of the car is amazing!!

07 Mazda 3
By MAzda3 on 06/20/08 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great. The paint is terrible. It chips and scratches too easy (my purse chipped my paint). The interior sucks. The floor mats are cheap, the plastic door panels are poorly made, scratch way too easy and the plastic piece around the gear shift, well the silver paint is coming off of that from the heat. So yes I like this car, it runs great but the quality of the interior and the paint is very poor. Although I do like the car I would not buy it brand new again. Go for the used it's not worth as much as it costs. Depreciation on this car is terrible.

Zoom - Zoom!
By C. Cox on 06/12/08 04:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle. Well built, reasonable room for four adults, reliable, economical, very responsive steering and excellent acceleration in a four cylinder auto (2.3L). Just plain fun to drive. Will buy another if it's possible to wear out this one. Zoom-Zoom!

Excellent overall
By guinzuz on 06/11/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The fit an finish on the car is outstanding. Both exterior and interior styling are top-notch. Car is sporty to drive even with the smaller 2.0. Very practical and reliable. Driving position is very comfortable. Visibility is excellent. I would highly recommend this car.

Ford Engine
By Bernie on 05/21/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With 12000 miles on our new Mazda, the engine locked up which sent us on a one month "Mazda doesn't want to sell us another car" misery. We found out that Ford builds the engine for our car. We also learned that the problem our car was having was a mystery for Mazda and Mazda engineering would direct our dealer as to what to do next and when. After one month of experimenting with our car and several threats from us that we would not accept the car unless the engine were replaced, Mazda replaced the head and gave us a 100000 mile engine/drive train warranty. If Mazda had been concerned about keeping us happy customers, they woulds have replaced the engine and had our car back to us in a week.

Amazing
By Chelsea on 05/16/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in love the mazda 3 for years. So when I had my son, I decided to get rid of my trusty toyota pickup and buy an 06 mazda 3. I must say I am simple amazed still to this day 3 months later, It drives perfect, looks perfect, I just love this car, oh and the fuel economy is wonderful! I live in phoenix and go to LA quite often and I don't even have to fill up once - that's over 400 miles on one tank of gas... AWESOME!

An excellent car that's fun to drive...
By natas74 on 05/15/08 12:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My 06 Mazda3 GT 5 door has almost 40k miles on it and it's been a great car so far! I read the consumer reviews before purchasing and researched it well. I really enjoy driving this car, it's very responsive and fun to drive. With all the features, I feel it's an excellent value. When folding down the backseat, you get a good amount of cargo room. With the backseat up, you can comfortably seat 4-5 in the car. Overall, the car has a sporty look/handling, but is also a safe family car.

Amazing.
By jason on 04/24/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I first saw the Mazda3 I knew I had to have one. So I went about my goal. I had just graduated high school and had saved enough $ for a down payment, so I got the one I wanted. Car is INCREDIBLE. I love everything about it. Looks great, drives great, runs great. Best of all, it has been incredibly reliable - almost 29k miles and NO problems whatsoever. I've had the car for almost 2 years now and can safely say I recommend it to anyone looking for a world-class car at a great price.