Used 2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Another Great Mazda
By Barney

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a bushel of mazda's over the years and this is the best hatchback yet. So much fun to drive. Never been to the shop for more than tires. Plenty of power, better than 30 mpg average, a ton of room, wicked reliable.

Handling, power to weight ratio, gas mileage.

Larger rear view mirror. Narrower center console, right leg hits it and I'm only 5'9". Stiffer shocks. Premium stereo is awful, door panels resonate, lousy sound with Bose system.

I Love This Car!
By John F

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a '07 Civic for this car. The civic was ok but it didn't have the pep, boring to drive and everyone has it. My insurance dropped a lot when I bought the Mazda. Bought it used with 80k. Had for a year now and its still fun to drive, tons of storage space, better gas mileage then my old civic and plenty of power for such a small car. Was looking at the speed3, but not all mazda dealerships can fix it and I live in Sacramento. Closest repair is in San Jose so I got this one. Save your money and buy this one and just add the speed hood.

Power, fold down flat rear seats, LOTS of space, gas mileage and sun roof.

I love Bose, but it's really bad in this car! Doesn't do the name justice. Nav screen is too small, hard to read during some sun glare and/or wearing polarized glasses.

Fun and spacious little car!
By SFrizzell

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I really love this little car. It fits my mastiff, and adults with ease. It looks very small on the outside, but has a HUGE interior! Insurance is dirt cheap too (almost half of what my Civic cost!)

Interior size was more like an SUV than a car. The back seats fold down flat so that you can fit almost anything in the car. The cloth seats are very easy to keep clean.

Fuel economy is terrible considering the size. Usually you trade off size and crash protection for fantastic gas mileage, but not in this car.

2006 Mazda 3
By Michele

2006 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The driving of this car is great, handles curves very well and is all around a very fun car to drive. Gets great gas mileage. First Mazda we have owned but it wont be the last. I purchased this car from Gerald Jones Mazda in Augusta, Ga. and used Charlie Royal. He was impressed me with all the ins and outs of the car and made the process very easy. I highly recommend him and this dealership to any one looking for a new or used Mazda. I can definitely say it wont be our last Mazda.

Everything about this car is great. It is just a nice as a BMW or Lexus

Just needs a trunk opener on the key chain

Tire issues
By KayakMazda

2006 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So I am having a similar problem, alignments off, and I am not rough on driving. The tires won't last long and I have gone with several brands, they still couple. (sp) I will say Dealership was great with belts and replacement pricing. That was Gainesville GA Mazda. Cheaper than my normal mechanic. shocking.

I went from xterra to mazda3 hatch and it has a lot of room and it is like a sports car to me. I can still haul all the gear that I normally had with xterra.

Find a way to keep alignment on, and better tires that will last longer.