Used 2006 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

A good value
By Steve

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only has the car a short time, but I am overall impressed. Good features for a compact car. I traded in a 2004 Acura TL because of financial reasons, and don't feel like I have given up a lot. I got the NAVI and Bose. I would like to be able to play MP3 CDs, but got the cassette deck to use an adapter for my iPod. Works fine. Much better utility than the TL. My complaints are lack of dead pedal, mats are lousy, and the brake and accelerator are a bit too close. I find the left side of my right foot hitting the brake when I put my foot on the gas or take it off. My TL had great cupholders (seems silly, but used every day, right?), but these are good too.

Favorite Features

Handling, smooth shifter, lots of features for the buck, good cargo capacity, large glove box, CDs fit perfectly in center console, good pickup for a small car, decent sound system, lit steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Lighted vanity mirrors, seat memory, heated mirrors, traction control, Bluetooth phone.

By RoNuS

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I put a lot of miles on my car a year; in my 7 1/2 months of ownership I have logged 22,000 miles on the car thus far. This car is a blast to drive; it's nice to just turn the stereo off, roll the windows down, and listen to the engine while driving.

Favorite Features

5 speed automatic, sunroof, projector- style headlamps.

Suggested Improvements

Little more HP out of the 2.3 engine. The 2.3 (PZEV) is rated at 153 whereas the 2.0 (PZEV) is 148. The 2.3 should be putting out a little more power.

Six months in
By JT in SC

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Updating my earlier review: I have had my Mazda 3 i Touring (with manual transmission) for six months now (just over 7500 miles). I am still very happy. Fuel economy has actually gotten better! And that's with running the A/C much more. I am getting around 31-32 around town and 34-35 on the highway. It is still a solid performer and just as much fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive factor, audio controls on steering wheel (they are very addicting, I am constantly looking for them when I'm driving another car).

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release on keys.

Mazda 2006
By shpage

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We are so happy with our new Mazda. We wouldn't of thought that our Mazda would make such a difference in our lives. We absolutely love driving it and going for car rides. It is exactly of what we wanted from a car and now we would recommend it for anyone to own. We will have this car for a long time. It drives so smooth and has power when it needs to go. It looks sporty enough plus it's economical. I drive it to and from work and get about 35 mpg on a 5 speed transmission. We are so happy with it and wouldn't trade it for the world.

small discomforts
By daren

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my new 06 Mazda3 i Touring in late May. I get roughly 28 miles per gallon with country driving to work few stop signs not many lights. The vehicle I have purchased is "fully loaded" with an automatic transmission. I believe the interior is nice along with the sporty look of the exterior. When I was in the market I wanted to purchase the s model which had most the options I wanted standard along with the 5 speed automatic; with the 3 i Touring model it has a 4 speed so not as good get up nor as good fuel economy but there were none in the area. The vehicle I bought was fully loaded with the same options I was looking for but you can tell the change from the 4 to 5 speed transmission.

Favorite Features

I like the steering wheel controls; they are pretty nice and are easy to get used to, along with the small red light near the ignition to light it to see instead of scratching the surface with the key.

Suggested Improvements

The seat is uncomfortable; for some reason there's not enough room near the right side of right leg and the wheel is not telescopic. With the sunroof option it's set back farther than most vehicles. I believe it should have better fuel economy, fuel tank moved to driver side, more speed controls for wipers.