2006 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
What's up with these tires!!!!!! Help!
By Graciegirl on 01/19/10 16:22 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda3 hatchback but, I can not seem to keep the tires from "cupping". I am replacing tires about every 25,000 miles, this is getting expensive. My dealer has replaced tires for me twice but, has never actually come up with a solution to the problem.

So Far So Good
By Matt on 01/15/10 08:23 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The exterior look of the car is about average for an economy car. I think its a tad nicer looking than the civic and corolla. I test drove all three, and walked away with Mazda as the clear front runner. I would imagine that a Civic will typically be more reliable way down the road than the 3, but we will find out. The 3 feels sturdy (corolla did not) and it has more get-go than the civic had. I was in a car accident(vs a Trailer truck) last winter and the car appears to have recovered nicely and I'm alive to talk about it. If you are looking for an economy car, give the 3 a shot.

SAYYYWEEETTTT!!!!
By STERN1 on 12/31/09 00:43 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this brand new, loaded. I drove 500mi a week to and from work..this car is AWESOME!! It was red mica w/ black leather. I just sold this car to a family member and REGRET doing so. Only complaint is i was on my 3rd set of tires (low profile).. other than that NO problems.. I was averaging 29-32mpg with regular gas.. S Grand Touring(loaded)is the way to go.. Bi-xenion headlights DO make a difference.. especially in fog and with deer... Kids are comfy in backseat, big adults may not be as comfortable.. Great economical and reliable car.. Mazda got it right with this one!!! LOVED IT!!!

Get one!
By caitshappy on 12/15/09 20:17 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Entry level sport sedan that has all the options of BMW or Lexus, without the price or maintenance issues. Handles like a true sports car. Average 25 mpg with 30 hwy. Road noise is an issue but with proper tire choice you can reduce the noise. Super smooth gear box and clutch with outstanding disc brakes on all corners. The grand touring is a must as it has all options and is inexpensive. I don't believe in buying strip models as they are a dime a dozen and resale is poor. Mine is a 06 grand touring with 18,000 original miles. I paid 13.500 in n. California. Research your vehicle and then buy a lot of car for cheap.

Loaded for the money
By Hong kong fooey on 11/10/09 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I cant believe the bells and whistles this car comes with and still is incredibly low priced,add to that the build quality,you cant go wrong.This car is great for a first time buyer or for someone who realizes that BMW has very little on this mazda.

Zoom-Zoom A+
By Bibby on 10/26/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 8 new cars including a BMW, Acura, Jeep, and a few GM's. My Mazda 3 has been my favorite car and the best value by far. To date I have over 100,000 miles and have replaced only the front brakes, windshield wipers, and one set of tires. I can't say enough good about this car it still as tight and rattle free as the day I bought it. I recently loaned it to a friend and they were amazed at how quiet it still rides and what a solid car it is. I have consistently gotten 32 MPG in mixed driving.

I No Longer Desire An Audi
By Velma on 10/05/09 02:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched and researched this car and decided to get it. It's awesome in everyway, and I've had no problems with it. My dream car is the Audi A3...but now I don't know. I'm very happy with this car in everyway. I drove from NC to Toronto, Ontario and had the best drive.

luxury finnaly at a reasonably price
By machr85 on 08/25/09 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very impressed with this car, my friend had the mazdaspeed3 and I drove it one time and thats what got me into it, I couldn't afford the speed3 but got a 06 hatchback gt, I must say the interior has nothin to envy thus of a Lexus. Performance is great ride is great, only thing I'm waiting is for repairs hoping since is a Japanese car it might be expensive.

2006 Mazda 3
By surfrider1978 on 08/21/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. It's stylish and runs great. I've had zero problems with it since I bought in 2006. I owned a Honda Civic before, but the Mazda 3 is definitely beats it out on performance and pricing. I recommend this vehicle to first time buyers since is affordable, stylish, and runs great.

No regrets! Love this car!
By TM on 08/20/09 20:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After much research, I bought a Mazda3 hatch, LOVE it, decided to write a review since reviews helped me pick the 3. Comfortable ride, though can hear/feel road more than in some cars. 28mpg mixed driving, 36mpg highway on a recent 1,300 mile trip. Engine labored a bit going thru mountains, cruise control liked to rev 5mph at top of hils. Cruise control and audio controls on the steering wheel are great! Some reviews complain about the A/C--comfortable for the front seat, airflow to rear not as good but tolerable. (Change cabin air filter since this keeps the A/C at peak performance.) Nice hatch for extra cargo. Super 'compromise' for a racecar--sporty performance/handling, fun to drive!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.